Im going to tokyo next month what stores/areas would Veeky Forums recommend checking out?

im going to tokyo next month what stores/areas would Veeky Forums recommend checking out?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0jc0NJQ4qefeTN6ZTNKLXdZd2M?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0jc0NJQ4qefc2xhUHd2a0I0bVU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WHOLE SHIBUYA. REALLY. WHOLE SHIBUYA.

Skip the Shibuya garbage and go straight to Harajuku. Pass by DoverSt if you got that kind of money to spend

not OP, but what's wrong with shibuya? I had a friend who visited Japan, and he told me "shibuya was digusting."

Shibuya is just the Times Square of Tokyo, and tokyoites hate it for the same reason new yorkers hate Times Square. You can find good stuff there but i don't recommend it.

any other good stores like dover street? ive got a pretty big budget and I love cdg and all their related brands

Ginza if you're not poor

Im not really into cdg but I do know they sell lots of it at Ragtag, a designer thrift shop in "cat street"

thanks for the suggestion do you know any other designer thrift stores or consignment shops that are worth checking out?

Most of my favourites are in Daikanyama

Not that user, but I do recommend Ragtag too.
For designer thrift go to one of the many Kindals in Harajuku, they stock up everything Veeky Forums likes. 10 Tow in Shibuya is quite good, although you might have trouble finding it. The place stocks all-black Yohji, Helmut, CDG, Junya and the lot. It's in the third or fourth floor of a small building opposite the bicycle shop entrance of Tokyu Hands, right by an intersection.

Cat Street and Harajuku Street are where you want to go for used designer, although Harajuku Street leans more towards the streetwear crowd. I recall one shop selling a ton of Vetements and Ganryu on the second floor somewhere there but I don't remember its name.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0jc0NJQ4qefeTN6ZTNKLXdZd2M?usp=sharing
shop guide

Shimo Kitazawa and Daikanyama has pretty good stuff too.

I've lived in Japan for my whole life and I can confirm that Shibuya is shit for shopping

any good restaurants you guys would recommend? this thread has been a huge help thanks everyone!!

Probably a bit far off, but there's a ramen restaurant called Karashiya (ら~めん からしや) in Kasai station. About 50 minutes from Harajuku.
There's always Usagi (うさぎ), best tantanmen and shio ramen I've ever had. The chashu there is mindblowingly good. Has a great atmosphere too.
Papapapa Pine in Nishi Ogikubo is pretty interesting, ramen with pineapple.
King Kong in Ikebukuro has really good tsukemen.
Sakura Tei in Harajuku has a pretty good okonomiyaki/yakisoba/monjayaki buffet, and you get to cook it yourself. It's also right next to an art gallery called Design Festa which is pretty Veeky Forums, nice cafe there too.
If you want sushi, don't fall for the Tsukiji fish market meme. The sushi there isn't any better than a random sushi joint.

thanks ill have to check those places out
i love me some good ramen

Bar guide here if you're interested
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0jc0NJQ4qefc2xhUHd2a0I0bVU

ICHIRAN

lol how is this supposed to help him its all in japanese

Look at the pics, Google the names of the bars that look interesting, enjoy
I wanna to go to Good People Good Coffee, personally

how are you guys even on Veeky Forums if you are successful enough people to go to tokyo and shit

idk maybe they were born there just a thought

Skip buying new clothes for a few months (or work extra and do both), use that money to go to Japan
Not that hard

Veeky Forums is a pass time

What's the Best place to shop for undercover besides the undercover store

BAPE and DSM Ginza

Completely false if you wake up super early to eat the 4000 yen omakase at Sushidai. Aside from that though you're right.

If you have time, hit up Tsuta. It's well worth the hype. Otherwise Nagi and Jiro are pretty great too.

I'm a student in Japan on scholarship. It's not hard to live here either, look at all the English teachers here.

bump

op here ill also be staying in Nagano whats cool to check out there besides the monkey park

final bump and then i will fuck off

You don't have to be rich and successful to travel, just count every single cent you earn and spend to reduce the wasted money as much as possible.

what is it that you're looking for that already hasn't been discussed

You didn't even set a budget, there's many stores in different price ranges.

lets say a budget of 2500

For a full outfit? or more than one? or 2500 for one garment?

Does anyone have the Sufu Tokyo guide and would please mind sharing?

worth checking out

I saw the link above yeah but I was interested in more resources. Going there early next year

To piggyback off this thread I'll be in Denver next week, any cheap vintage or thrift stores to check out?

Check out 'SEE YOU SOON' in Tomigaya, Shibuya. It's mostly a homeware store, but they've got their own brand of clothing that appeals to the skate/streetwear scene if you're into that.

for a few garments