Leather-less

Just a simple qstion
It is posible to look effay/like a gent without using leather?

yes

No, things need to die in order for you to have a truely SIQQ FIT

yes absolutely

check out:
Wills London
Bourgeois Boheme
Nicora Shoes
Rombaut
Mooshoes
Novacas

fuck anyone here that tells you that you have no options they are morally apathetic hedonists with nothing meaningful to contribute to the world

is veganism Veeky Forums

I think the label of "fashionable" is really undeserving of any sincere conviction / passion

However, is it possible to look fashionable whole vegan? Of course.

is wearing fake leather truly vegan?

someone might try to copy your impeccable style and buy real leather shoes. you are promoting the abuse of animals.

Also this is a shit example of good vegan clothing

Yes it's vegan because it's promoting a culture independent of the unnecessary exploitation of animals. Is someone who eats a veggie burger *not vegan* because some troglodyte autist from Veeky Forums mistakes it as a real burger?

I'm curious

What material are those?

but it's not promoting vegan shoes unless you tell everyone who sees your shoes that they are vegan shoes. it is reasonable to assume they are real leather.

unless you're in a feminist powerviolence band you'll come off as a huge dork for talking about how vegan you are

website doesn't say

other sources say most of it is made out of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), and polyurethane

No, you giant vegan faggot. Leather's such a common and basic material that avoiding it becomes obvious and people realize that you're a huge vegan faggot, which is bad.

>plastics
>i.e. liquefied animals
>vegan
How exactly is a piece from a hide worse than this?

when I was a vegan, the way I thought about it was "I do enough for animals by not eating them.....if I want a leather belt I'm buying a damn leather belt"

How is the price of this kind of shoes in comparation with real leather shoes?

Right, so you were a vegan but not a huge faggot. That's the crucial distinction.

the ones in the picture above are mostly around $100 but I don't know how the quality compares to a similarly priced real leather shoe

how's 7th grade

A real chalenge

Can you look like a gent without something that looks like leather?

mental illness not fa

Watch out guys

He has a screencap

>The higher cancer incidence in vegetarians in our study might be a coincidence, and is possibly related to factors other than the general amount of animal fat intake, such as health-conscious behavior, since no differences were found regarding smoking behavior and physical activity in Austrian adults as reported in other studies for other countries [9], [13], [14]. Therefore, further studies will be required in Austria in order to analyze the incidence of different types of cancer and their association with nutritional factors in more depth.

they basically said "our study asks more questions than it answers"

Fucking herbivores I swear. Animals need to be consumed in order to curb the population. Sure slaughter houses are pretty inhumane but I don't see why that should stop you from eating meat or using leather.

that really only applies to certain species of animal none of which are probably included in 99+% of the meat eaten and leather made in the U.S.

So why not use meat thats been humanely farmed or whatever? why quit meat entirely?

I'm not responsible for what other people do.
If they decide to buy non-vegan products after seeing my outfit, chance are that they would do it regardless.

To decrease the demand, and because it's not a big deal for me.
I don't want the meat industry to die, I just want it to slow down.

This

Can you imagine the planet without vegetarian/vegan people?

There would be less meat for everybody. And the price would be higher. And if is not the quality of the meat would be lower.

The veg population makes a balance in the world

deontology vs consequentialism

>I do enough for animals by not eating them
that's not doing anything positive for animals. it's just refraining from doing something bad. You can't earn moral credits to do not goods by not doing not goods. You can't even earn moral credits to do not goods by doing goods. That's like saying "I haven't killed anyone in so long, I think I've earned the right to indulge just this once" and then killing someone.

i don't have any qualms with buying second hand animal products though (eg stuff from thrift stores)

K
I don't need scene points [anymore] so I could care less what people think about my buying habits. If you've adhered to the lifestyle for any length of time you know how hard it is....unless you're in a big city then it's pretty manageable

being vegan is not hard at all

it's only hard if you are constantly wanting to eat animal products

Everything has milk, dude