/JDG/, Japanese Designer General

yohji and dogji edition

/JDG/ is a place to discuss general Japanese designer fashion from designers such as Yohji Yamamoto, Rei Kawakubo and Junya Watanabe (Comme des Garcons), Issey Miyake, Takahiro Miyashita (TheSoloist and Number (N)ine), Jun Takahashi (Undercover), Chitose Abe (Sacai), and such. Note that we do not allow discussion of brands like Y3 and CdG Play.

>/JDG/ sticky
pastebin.com/3FipeC0F

Other urls found in this thread:

hues.co.jp/shop/products/detail.php?product_id=2059
reddit.com/r/japanesestreetwear/comments/3l4q9t/list_of_websites_selling_japanese_clothes_eastern/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I GOT BROADS IN JAMBORICKS

Julius and UC fags get in here

>Also, no Julius as we don't want to be invaded by /ROG/ crossposters
what did he mean by this?

rip /rog/

imma dump fw02

Why are most of undercovers stuff for manlets

DUDE EDGY TEXT LMAO

literally all jp stuff ever is

end.

all curved hems in this collection if you didnt catch it.

>thread on life support 13 posts in

>13 posts
>3 posters

REEEEE RICKFAGS NO BULLY

What do you guys think of Tatsuro Horikawa

yeah make that 4 hhahahaha

just kidding pmsl

C I R C L E J E R K

What kinda of dogji is that?

It looks like it could be related to a shiba, probably some weird japanese breed
v cute doggo tho

more like tatsuro HACKrikawa amirite

Akita

I prefer him sticking to the old industrial punk feel of older seasons. His recent seasons after fw14 like the most recent [knives;] have been quite disappointing clothing wise.

Pic related from FW10 [Goth;ik]

NOO GOD PLEASE NO NOT THIS AUTISTIC SHITFEST OF A THREAD AGAIN
JUST GO TO STYLEFORUM OR STYLEZEITGEIST AND SPERG OUT QUIETLY
HELL GO TO CARETAGS I DON'T CARE JUST DON'T BRING THIS TERRIBLE THREAD BACK

nice dubs

best content in this thread

>ywn hold yoshi's hand
Why live?

iktf

>stop discussing fashion on a fashion board
kys senpai

is soloist decent quality

very

usually the quality is a steal if you can buy them 2nd hand

Holy shit what a breath of fresh air after the rick owens thread all dissapeared with discords.
What do you guys think of Sacai's fw17? I feel like its been a drop in quality, however not as extreme as other designers.

dumping some ss02 Yohji - i.e that collection in which there are lots of qt grills on shirts and they're all grails

YIP YIP YOHJI

pls let me buy these if they pop up anywhere btw

anyone cop anything from yohji aw16? i really dug the whole bondage vibe but i don't really wanna spend $1500 on pants

who is attractive one on left?

best cargo man

why does he love dumb looking beanies so much

thinking of copping this coat. I have a bigger frame so I will fill it in more and my arms are longer so I'll at least make it to the wrist.

The Japanese stores are calling them Bandage pants too lol.
I used to live near this store hues.co.jp/shop/products/detail.php?product_id=2059 much cheaper.

Ed Miliband is that you

Japanese people are smaller on average.

Where do I find out about smaller Japanese brands apart from lucking out on Stylearena. Bonus points if they're on the cheaper side.

fucking ping pong ching chong who cares about manlet fashion

this seems pretty good reddit.com/r/japanesestreetwear/comments/3l4q9t/list_of_websites_selling_japanese_clothes_eastern/ although it is ((REDDIT))

I want a big Yohji button up shirt. What should I look for specifically as far as yohji shirting goes?

look for those that have rayon in them as they drape really nicely. cotton is quite stiff compared to it. oversized shirts tend to be cut larger in the torso so just make sure to balance it out proportion-wise

The bondage pants in brown are goat

This is so fucking sick!

SHE
BRINGS
THE
RAIN

why tf are they called bondage pants they literally just have straps and no other resemblance to bondage gear. fashion people suck at naming things

anyways, i plan on copping this shirt with rei embroided on it when it goes on sale.

>he doesnt remember the 4 post sticky
>he doesnt remember the 300 post argument about reselling
>he doesnt remember that no one this boards knows anything about japanese fashion
>he doesnt remember that these threads are just image dumps and retards asking how to buy things from japan

Because someone inaccurately dubbed the straps on helmut langs clothing as bondage straps even tho its a military influence and ever since any menwear that has straps on it has been called bondage regardless of symbolism

god that reselling shit was pure autism. hopefully we can get things back on track now. i mean it was practically the same shit with /rog/ but with fuccbois asking for sizing info

yeah i recall that interview with him. good catch, user

can anyone explain to me the differences between y's and the other yohji lines (other than y3)

also, does anyone have pleated pants from issey homme plisse? thinking about getting a pair

cyberpunk grill here. sorry if i sound retarded but i'm more familiar with european designers. western clothing tends not to fit me however because i am quite thin but very short.
what are some japanese brands/designers that have decent women's pieces with a minimalist and/or cyberpunk vibe?

ys is original line that he started in japan at 72 and showed his first show at 77. when he debuted in paris in 81, he launched yohji yamamoto pour homme (introduced in 84) and femme (introduced in 81) which are his mainlines. ys is now designed by his paris design team and tends to offer more abstract prints compared to mainline. i recommend people wanting to dive into yohji to get pieces here as its cheaper but not entirely a diffusion line.

ys has sub labels. ys red label is designed by michiko suzuki iirc. other labels are the white label, black label, and brown label. not much differences here. ys is now a unisex line but you can still find older ys pieces when it was still divided into each gender. there is the recently introduced ys exclusive but i dont know much about that.

costume d'homme is his suiting line. on par with mainline in terms of quality.

regulation was launched in around 2012-13 and is a menswear line with heavy military influences.

a.a.r. durban is an old collaboration with a hong kong retailer and should generally be avoided. fabrics and quality are not good.

noir is a womenswear line launched in 95 based on the color black. im not sure if yohji designs this but it involves heavy draping and refined basics. its generally only sold in japan.

y3 is actually an old project, starting in the early 00s, i think around 02-03.

I'm in Japan in a couple of weeks and am going to pick up this coat + these pants, hopefully from the flagship store.

do these shirts ever pop up?

What if i like the style of japanese creators but am broke as shit.
Holy shit, hakamas and yukatas aren't fucking cheap

Someone knows these boots?

Youre looking at 100k+ a piece must be nice to be so rich

Aren't yohji pants usually like max $2000 if the material isn't something actually really special?

he was talking in yen lol

which is like 1k USD

source?

Oh, that explains alot.
Don't know why I didn't realize that right away.

final home is what you need

The coat is 197000 yen and the pants are 60000 yen. I'm not rich I just have saved up to have a cool buying experience in Japan, I never buy retail usually.

I dig the wool shirts with the embroidered faces on em and I'll wait for sales, but apart from that I'm holding out for SS17.

I'm in an alright spot in terms of my Yohji wardrobe. I have a pair of balloon trousers, wide wool pants, hakama, and two shirts. Need more tops/light outerwear doe

Are the syte and GroundY lines any good? Heard that quality wise, they're close to YYPH.

ah yeah i forgot about those two. s'yte is online only iirc so i doubt its the same quality. ground y deals with more pop culture stuff and is unisex. i think they both technically fall under ys and are japan exclusive so they shouldnt have the same quality as mainline, especially considering that ground y pieces tend to be much cheaper.

imo homme plisse stuff looks weird unless you devote your entire wardrobe to the aesthetic, it's just so geometric

The pants are probably the most wearable from the line, they can work really well with simpler outfits.

>Regarding your auction q126649633, unfortunately the item is
no longer available. As such, we have refunded you in full. We
apologize for any inconveniences caused by this. Thank you for
your understanding.

Why is this allowed? How do I stop this from happening?