Veeky Forums golden age

Hello Veeky Forums lately I've seen a lot of you expressing your discontent with the current state of this board and claiming that it has completely gone to shit. So I wanted to ask, what do you consider to be the golden age of Veeky Forums? What should Veeky Forums do to be like that again? Or has it simply always been shit?

>What do you consider to be the golden age of Veeky Forums?
Everything before this thread, now it's shit

The Toni/Nao/Malissa shitposting era which lasted from approximately March to June 2016, it was a shame to see it go. Toni was by far the dankest meme Veeky Forums ever had.

fuck off

it was back when there were actually decent tripfags
sadly this shit actually hasn't ended

salaam toni

[spoiler]im so desperate[/spoiler]

I'd say circa 2013

whenever I post
Veeky Forums enters a Golden Age

We said the same shit back then, too.

I first started coming here in 2010ish but it got unbearable around 2014
most boards did
mu sucked after 2012
x has sucked after 08 or 09 then got good again then got s hit again
r9k was only entertaining pre deletion
tv 2009-2011
etc

i really don't go to Veeky Forums anymore since 2014 except pol

i'd say 2011 was all around the best for most boards actually

been on Veeky Forums since 07

so is there basically no hope for Veeky Forums?

you just grew out grew Veeky Forums bud, deal w it
go to eight chan, some other place, or start your own site if you're so broken up about it

Horribly accurate. You've made the skincare general worthwhile.

>2010 me
>'Veeky Forums? Nah, i dont have the time for it.
>2012 me
>'Veeky Forums? Nah, don't feel like looking through the WAYWTs for designer stuff.'
> late 2015
>decide to lurk for more than a day
I totally missed the good tripfags, didn't I.

I've been on infinity chan, been on many chan-style image boards I just don't get the same enjoyment I used to out of them. Maybe you're right, maybe it is time to leave.

the tripfags were decent but nothing incredible, what you really missed a time without a flood blatant shitposts and stupid e-celeb shit
a prime example:

Goddamn.
Warosu can only go so far in showing what good discussion/advice i missed.

literally whos

the only "good" (and they weren't good at the time, only coparitively) tripfags i remember were people like cooltop, casey, denim dan, et al

I thought this was really funny

>not being familiar with Veeky Forums's holy meme trinity

There was no golden age.

This board has always been full of petty, jealous, shitposting memers. Fashion, especially the streetwear and edgy goofninja shit loved by this board is a big fucking double-ironic meme.

Of course a fucking Veeky Forums board about fashion was gonna be like this.

Mu was shit in 2011 dude
Basically as soon as death grips came along

Also fa was never good

lol these newfags

it's a meme you dip

2008-2011 was the end for me
the only thing i even remember after that was mista thug isolation in 2012, it just felt like 11 was the end of an era that peaked with the release of mbdtf

2011 was god tier /sp/ before the mods ruined it

was that the "yfw da burrs win da superb owl" era?

jewel wave

Ok first of all, Veeky Forums was always shit. I was really into Veeky Forums 2009-10/11ish. Not into the tripfag drama though, which was 90% of the board. If you want to reckon back to some mythical golden age, be aware that it probably involves MASSIVE attention whoring and people who are weirdly obsessed/borderline stalkers.

That said, this is p timely. I had a friend ask me for some fashion and I realized that I'm completely out of touch with what's trendy now. Full disclosure: I'm 26 now, so I'm old, I've had a rough few years of bad life choices and I'm poor as shit. Because I'm poor, I made a conscious decision to stop following fashion blogs, reading forums, etc. I couldn't afford to dress the way I wanted and it was super depressing. All this is to say, everything's changed. So had no idea that streetwear was as big as it is now. And to me, streetwear is the reason fashion sucks now. I checked Selectism, which used to be a pretty good blog - did lots of posts about new designers, good pictures, etc. It's now some blog called High Snobriety (I'm sure you're all way more aware of this than me but whatever). The whole thing is like 90% KANYE KANYE KANYE APPLE MUSIC AIR JORDANS NEW FRANK OCEAN ALBUM. Nothing to do with actual fashion. This to me is the problem with all of this stuff today. It's only tangentially focused on fashion. Like, ok, shoes are something you wear, but you're neglecting the rest of your body while you talk about your new iPhone and your Snapchat. There's no substance to any of it. There's no "here's your basics wardrobe, here's how tailoring works, here's some basic knowledge about how colors work". I also read an article where someone talked shit on Hedi Slimane in passing too so that should give you an idea of why this board may have lost its way.

I still like fashion. There are still a lot of cool things going on. In general, I think it's just in a rut. This is all just my opinion though and I'm old and probably not hip anymore so whatever.

daily reminder that nao is the undisputed queen of Veeky Forums

those were some good times though, user

The golden age was around 2012 imo. There were a handful of good tripfags, legit fashion discussions (not constant like a regular forum cuz this is Veeky Forums after all, but often), and the shitposting was more tasteful and creative.

I miss trunks and pigfuck

>Nao
>ever the queen

You can thank normals on the internet for that. Internet use has become more socially acceptable since web 2.0 and gained a massive surge when everyone and their dog started to have a cell phone around maybe 2011 or 2012. You should move over to Japanese blogs like Honeyee and Stylearena. I've not seen one mention of a nigger on there.

The golden age will be a celebration between /cgl/ and Veeky Forums overcoming the adversity of ego and self interests for the greater good of creativity and exploration, while a market booms with new fabrics and popularization self-alterations people get tired of being sold an image and stretch themselves out to define their own path.
this golden age will decline eventually into another dark age wherein pretentious and righteous will argue the true definition and ethics of aesthetics, one claiming we are nothing less than reproducers while the other seeks out perfect utilitarian minimalism.

Small philosophical clans will form to fight and steal from one another to bolster their ideals for future generations, while the upper echelon will sew in spacious orbital lofts and make various presentations to convince their own public on trends.
and then in 2401, /mu/ hits

salaam toni

same

and turnleft, sieg, denim dan

I miss casemods

i miss trunks

hedi is a hack tho

explain