Alt history thread

Alt history thread.

Post maps, stories and theories related ITT.

>Lybia owning most of N. Africa
>Bulgarian south coast
>Independant Constantinopel/Instanbul
>Ukrainan-speaking parts of Ukraine in Russia
>That Poland-German border

This map makes very little sense

>Chez republic
>Chez

>croats controlling serb majority part of bosnia
>serbs controlling croat and bosniak majority parts of bosnia

Why would you use blue for Great Britain

That's the biggest crime this map is commiting honestly

Is this supposed to be post-WWI?

I can't even fucking tell.

Nice bait map desu.

>Isreal
>Chez
>Luthinia

>CHEZ

Germany losing Silesia to Poland for some reason but still getting the Polish corridor
Greece controlling parts of Turkey but NOT Constantinople, which is independant.
Italy not occupying Libya, Libya owning Algeria and Tunis. Egypt getting humiliated by Egypt, Iraq goes unnamed...

Also

>Chez Republic

The only right option.

Butthurt Polroaches detected

>People often make a united ireland in alt-history maps
>Almost all of the time they say "BRIAN BORU LIVES AND IRELAND IS FREE FOREVER"
>Never ever give credit to Mael-Sechnaill mac Domnaill and his extremely efficient removal of norse-irish
>Never ever imagine the potential of the Uí Néill and O'Brien dynasties if they got along better and Brian wasn't such a power hungry salty fuck
>They always see a split of north and south ireland as Brits vs Irish as opposed to two different Irish Powers
>It's always Brian fucking Boru

Why is Ireland so cucked by history

IT IS DONE

>Independant Constantinople
>Norn Iron exists
>Bulgaria controls Macedonia

Let's get some according to maps.

>>They always see a split of north and south ireland as Brits vs Irish as opposed to two different Irish Powers
Fuck Ulster and Munster. Ireland should have been united in the righteous rule of Connacht under the noble kings of the Uí Conchobhair. Leinster's perfidy destroyed this dream.

Connachtfags are cool but without Tairrdelbach Ua Conchobair they lose a lot of what makes them based.

But tell me more, user.

They were always the most scholarly and the most fit to rule.

>Connacht in the west is the kingdom of learning, the seat of the greatest and wisest druids and magicians; the men of Connacht are famed for their eloquence, their handsomeness and their ability to pronounce true judgement.
Ulster in the north is the seat of battle valour, of haughtiness, strife, boasting; the men of Ulster are the fiercest warriors of all Ireland, and the queens and goddesses of Ulster are associated with battle and death.

>Leinster, the eastern kingdom, is the seat of prosperity, hospitality, the importing of rich foreign wares like silk or wine; the men of Leinster are noble in speech and their women are exceptionally beautiful.

>Munster in the south is the kingdom of music and the arts, of harpers, of skilled ficheall players and of skilled horsemen. The fairs of Munster were the greatest in all Ireland.

>The last kingdom, Meath, is the kingdom of Kingship, of stewardship, of bounty in government; in Meath lies the Hill of Tara, the traditional seat of the High King of Ireland. The ancient earthwork of Tara is called Rath na Ríthe ('Ringfort of the Kings').

As you can see, Connachtmen have always been the most noble and educated. Ulster has always been full of violent savages, Munster has always been full of silly distracted fiddlers, Leinster has always been full of greedy treacherous jews.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Connacht at some point had one of the earliest forms of nomad shitters, but I can't remember where I read that.

However, old old Irish paganshits believe that the Fir Bolg, one of the earliest settlers of Ireland, were scattered west by the based Tuatha Dé Danann and then became the people of Connacht, so there's that.

Interesting stuff, though.

>Ulster is for STRONK

I could believe that, Máel Sechnaill and his few hundred men shitting all over thousands of norse troops in the battle of tara is one of many reasons I'm sympathetic to him.

>Ulster in the north is the seat of battle valour, of haughtiness, strife, boasting; the men of Ulster are the fiercest warriors of all Ireland
Some things never change, eh?

>the land of """""""""warriors""""""""" just got shit all over in rugby by fucking LEINSTER jews

>Ulster is for STRONK

Kaiserreich Legacy of the Weltkrieg for Darkest Hour, one of the best and most detailed game mods out there.

>America stays neutral in WW1 and refuses to pay Entente debts
>British and French economies collapse
>France is overrun by Germany in 1919 and has a syndicalist revolution
>Italy is split into two but the Two Siciles has a syndicalist revolution in 1921
>With German support in the Irish War of Independence UK is forced to grant a united Ireland
>The Central Powers intervene in the Russian Civil War and prevent the Bolsheviks from winning
>In 1925 due to the collapse of the economy and loss of Ireland Britain has a syndicalist revolution
>During the 1928 Ausgleich the Austro-Hungarian Empire collapses into civil war and Germany is forced to intervene

Also Ireland has a lot of content in case any of the Irelads on this thread are interested.

>I could believe that
yep. I think there's a certain amount of truth in these old stereotypes. The one about Connachtmen being scholars is corroborated by the fact that the most famous families of scribes and historians descended from the Uí Fiachrach Aidhne, originally based in South Galway, and the fact that the bardic tradition survived there longer than anywhere else.

Leinster being rich and having more trade is obvious

I'm curious how Munster got the reputation for music and horseriding though.

In fairness to them they've some decent military leaders

Some of the old gods associated with Munster are largely associated with summer and love, one of them being for beauty too but by fuck if I remember her name. Not Danu, I think it was maybe Clíodhna.

Anyways, her deal is that she has birds that sing songs that cure illness and stuff. Pretty sure in some tales about her some irish dude plays a song which makes her sleep and drown in the sea or something.

So, there's that.

Hugh was more than decent.The English lost thousands of soldiers, and was forced into economic collapse fighting him.

Nine Years War is IMHO, the most reasonable point of departure for a sustainable kingdom of Ireland.

A massive reason why Ireland free of UK is a hard thing to support today is because of the damned good fight that's been put up in the past.

I live in NI, but have irish citizenship and the attitude up here is sadly largely "ireland can fuck off, ulster is and always has been british and protestant."

The history of ireland is forgotten or shat all over up here, which makes me sad because the second someone takes an interest in irish history is largely the point they realise that an irish identity isn't as bad as the Unionists would make you think it is.

intredasting

Whereabouts in the North do you live?

both are me, and I grew up in belfast (mum's a shankill girl) but now live out moira direction.

What if he Austrians, Brits and Prussians had partitioned France during the early days of the revolution/just before the revolution.

iirc partitioning of France was at least considered

It really doesn't. At first I thought it was an alternate world war scenario where the central powers won, but that wouldn't explain the destruction of the ottomans, or the Germans losing Silesia but gaining parts of poland and Austria. Plus the distengration of Austria Hungary is odd to coincide with Bulgaria keeping the south coast

I'm pretty sure A-H would have collapsed before that

I'm a plastic paddy, working on not being total shit. I did my degree in Irish Studies, and I think you're right that the way history is used is too sad up there.

The protestant community forgets that Presbyterians used to have to travel to Scotland every Sunday for services, and were the ones who really started the idea of a republic.

Nowhere in Ireland is and always has been one thing. For it's constant resistance to foreign occupation, it has always incorporated foreign cultures into it's great and broad culture. It's a shame that tradition is being challenged now.

>Italy gains control of a large chunk of France
>France still controls Corsica

> average paradox mega-campaign.png

The old althist thread is still alive tbqh .

>upload
>"file is too large"
>upload
>"file is too large"
>upload
>"file is too large"
>upload
>"file is too large"

Chez Republic new meme

> new isreal

Im dutch and support this, get fucked cuck.

too bad they're all dead now

Buitifel

Why would turkey be partitioned while the german empire isn't it doesn't mak sense because partioning Germany would be the highest priority of the brits and French.

>A-H keep collapcing

Why? People keep saying nationalism was on the rise but the country did just fine withstanding 4 years of war with no mayor revolts until the cause was completely lost, was a multiethnic european empire really that implausible?

The whole war started because of ethnic tensions, not to mentions defections (for example Transylvanians to Romania) were common.