/motivation/

How do you motivate yourself to do things and how do you stay motivated? I seem to only be able to do things very late at night, when usually I'm too tired to do anything properly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ll5qiWa6YDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You basically just make yourself do it whether you want to or not.

But that's awful and I literally prefer to do every single other thing there is than to do some actual work. How can you force yourself to do things that are artistic

Eliminate anything that gets in your way from achieving your goals. It maybe be right in front of your nose, for me it was moving out of my family home. I love my parents and siblings and we have a great relationship, but they're all incredibly disorganised and lead pretty shitty lifestyles. By proxy i was as well, and it was next to impossible to fight against them and lead the lifestyle i wanted to lead. Once i got my own place (I say my own, i'm living in the family holiday home up north) got a job and began to gain independence it all became a lot lot easier. It may be a bad relationship, addiction to video games, food, partying, whatever, try to remove it and simplify your life.

Why do you want to do something artistic? do you want to enter the creative industries? Sorry to break it to you, but you haven't got a chance in hell of getting anywhere in the arts unless you life revolves around creating. If you're not willfully spending >80% practicing and thinking about your craft, than forcing yourself isn't going to help.
The creative fields are so incredibly competitive, you're up against people who's existence IS art and nothing else. Talent won't get you anywhere. Sure there are hacks, but they are very few and far between.

>I seem to only be able to do things very late at night, when usually I'm too tired to do anything properly.

are you me

Morning people have it easier, we evening guys are always screwed.

Nice work, mate. You should be proud that you got out of an environment that was preventing you from moving forwards.

There's no such thing as a 'morning' person or an 'evening' person, just bad habit.

Because writing is one of the few things in life that bring me real joy. I can write almost all day and all night at given subject and I love it.

The thing is, I love writing about useless shit, whatever floats my boat, but the moment I try to write something more coherent - go with some new short story, a novella, a screenplay, anything it's just a gigantic block.

Then keep writing the useless shit. The rest will come. Great writers take years to birth, most great writing comes from extraordinary experience. Just write what you know about. Write about your experiences and get out of your comfort zone into novel situations. Meet new people, people you'd never have thought to talk to before, listen to their stories, share yours with them. Just connect with as many people and places as you possibly can. Never stop reading, listening, looking, observing. The world is so vast and rich, saturated with possibilities. Even your shitty town/city/neighborhood is brimming with stories and experiences worth writing about

change your schedule if you can
you're fucked if you have a regular 9-5 job, or you have early classes at uni.
i suggest trying to get a shift change/sign up for classes that start later in the day.

what's more important is planning your sleep schedule itself. How much sleep do you usually get? How much do you need to get to function best on?
6 hours of sleep is it for me, so I generally sleep from 2 to 8. Like you, I've found that I'm most productive a late at night, so I've built the majority of my daily around that.

Also, if you're not adverse to drugs, cop some modafinil or something similar

Quit whining and just do it you pussy.

This is a fashion board.

This thread is completely off-topic and more fitting of .

Read the rules before posting.

Don't be pedantic, fashion is everything. Veeky Forums, like many other boards, is it's own little microcosm within Veeky Forums.

>writing this unironically

You better be drunk

Wow I was actually considering asking to move into my family's home up north for a bit. I currently have an apartment in Chicago, but I'm absolutely hemmoraging money, as much as I love living in the city. I want to be able to build some savings. I would be alone and saving money and able to focus on art. Tempting possibility. So, you like it? Where's up north for you?

Well put! Not that user, but this is inspiring.

Simple, im fat and i don't want to be fat anymore. I want to look good in clothes so i dont eat like crap anymore.

This.
(Aka adulting)
The feels tho.

>modafinil

first actual advise in this thread

Oddly enough watching Gattaca gives me all the motivation that I need.

youtube.com/watch?v=ll5qiWa6YDk

Really, either you really, really want something or you not. If it is the former, you should become consumed by the thought of wanting to get whatever it is you want done.

to be fair he has a point, i'd rather ask general life questions to people on this board than most others