/lifestyle/ + motivation

Last night we had a nice discussion about staying motivated, but apparently there was not that much of a talk about clothes and apparel

What do you cope with your life? What exactly gets you going. How do you incorporate effay >philosophy in your life. How CLOTHING and FASHION and APPAREL have changed your life? Does falling into the fashion world helps staying motivated?

Other urls found in this thread:

offgame.wikia.com/wiki/Downloads)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Allowed:
>uni thread
>feels thread
>ideal gf thread
>art threads

Disallowed:
>lifestyle threads

none of these things should be allowed

delete this thread to save yourself the ignominy of having it deleted for you

ok listen here lads, I've been wanting to make a /lifestyle/ post for a while, so here it is
My philosophy for a fashion lifestyle, I'm just dropping some random stuff for now because I don't have time to make an organized post

Do's and Don't:
- Videogames are the biggest no. If you play any form of videogame, even if it's 1hour a week, there's no way you can achieve an effay lifestyle
- Books are the effay way to get disctracted, I'll talk a bit later of how to incorporate books into your daily schedule
- Having a girlfriend is effay, but both of you must be independant as fuck, a really effay lifestyle doesn't give you the time for a gf much
- The outdoor is your friend. As an effay person, the amount of time you stay at home should be from 10pm to 8am, depending on your sleep and work schedule ofc
- You can't be effay if you don't live in a city of more than 30.000 inhabitants
- As an effay person, you need to have a huge knowledge of music in general. Best genres are Post-Punk, Hip Hop and classical.
- You can't be effay if you live in one of the following countries: USA, UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Australia, Taiwan, Japan. If you don't live in one of these countries, at least be sure to live in the capital of the shithole you live in.
- Being smart is effay. And no, I'm not talking about your neckbeard knowledge. If you're still studying, you must be at the fucking top of your class to be effay
- Living with your parents is the antithesis of an effay lifestyle

Effay things to do during the day:
- Waking up early, taking a shower, having a balanced breakfast, decide on your fit for the day, taking the public transports to go to work
- Sitting in a park and reading a book
- Sitting in a park and studying
- Visiting museums or art galleries. In europe, 99% of them are free so you have no fucking excuses, idk about the rest of the world
will cont next post

>Best genres are Post-Punk, Hip Hop and classical.
>no techno
dropped

cont
- Hanging out with friends for dinner/for a drink is effay. Your friends don't have to be effay, but the friendship has to be sincere
- Cooking a balanced dinner is effay
- going to bed at a reasonable hour is effay

the rest of your spare time can go to browsing pinterest or shitposting on Veeky Forums
I'll try to make a post later about how to handle schizophrenia, delusional thinking, memory loss and various subcategories of autism in the most effay way possible

I'm not trying to imply that everybody should follow my tips. if you listen to techno and it fits well with your lifestyle, then go for it, I'm no one to judge you

>- You can't be effay if you live in one of the following countries: USA, UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Australia, Taiwan, Japan. If you don't live in one of these countries, at least be sure to live in the capital of the shithole you live in.

What if it's an ancient university town? Such as Oxford, Cambridge, St. Andrews etc.?

shit I'm just realizing I made a typo, these countries are obviously the ones that ARE effay

I appreciate art more and I no longer spend all my money on drugs. It means my taste in things has improved and i'm no longer psychotic.

>taking public transport to go to work
>public transport

can you imagine patrick bateman on a bus?

>drugs make you psychotic

you're mistaking cause with a cure senpai

shit like oxford, leeds, brighton, cambridge, bath are pretty effay in my opinion

small towns with great architecture are probably the most effay

nah man i began smoking weed when I was 13, fucked with my head so any time I smoke too much weed or drop too much mdma my emotions and mentality gets fucked

Having a girlfriend isn't effay, having a distant on and off thing with a girl is effay
I agree with this shit though especially the smart one, getting good grades and finding a time for social life is effay as fuck

true
it's not about nailing it, each one has its own lifestyle man, I was just sharing mine

The point about not living with your parents is the only one that's mandatory, everything else is not necessary.

lel fuck off m8

Having a girlfriend is effay af. Nothing more effay than walking to a bookshop at 8pm in a glorious European city centre with dim lights and paved streets, surrounded by architecture that breathes history. If I'd have to pick a thing that helped me the most to become effay, it would be an effay girlfriend.

What does Veeky Forums drink?

gin tonic

bleach

Water and tea.

Less money for clothes and ecstasy though
also effay girls are rare

What TV shows does Veeky Forums watch?

World Peace

I usually drink vodka and whatever I have at home. It's really versatile when mixing and making cocktails. White Russian was a favorite of mine for a time, just make sure it's not some cheap stuff. Where I live Absolute and Finlandia are pretty solid choices for their price.

When I'm not at home it depends...

Just chilling with friends, not planning on getting drunk:

In the summer: Whiskey on the rocks, wine, or if it's really hot and it's available: ice cold champagne

During the winter: Whiskey, spiced wine, wine.

When I'm planning on getting drunk:

Average place: I look for the cheapest drink, double the price, and order from that price-range. Most of these places don't stock my favorites so I can't stick to them. I'd often spend more, but never less.

Cheap place: I don't go to those.

Expensive place: Something "middle-priced", maybe on the cheaper side if it's really expensive, but never the cheapest option.

Since I usually can't find the stuff I like in bars and especially not in clubs, I pick and choose based on price. If I like something, I'll stick to that. If I don't, I'll go on until I'm on my 3rd pick and choose one I'll stick with for the rest of the night so I don't get shitfaced by mixing too much. Being shitfaced is rarely effay.

>discussion about staying motivated
Motivated in what ways?

She works though so it's alright. I'd lie if I'd say we spent the same amount on each other, but she buys me things too.

>also effay girls are rare

I know. I'll have to do a serious amount of cynical shitposting when we break up. She set the bar high in terms of effay.

OK, why do we have two lifestyle threads up?

curious, how old are you?

I'm 21

This is the cringiest thing ive read all year

Post your fit. I'm curious.

You don't need a gf to do that.

Please get a tripcode

I don't even know where to begin with you. You're a lost cause

at least tell me where I'm wrong

In doing shit we don't want to, but should do. That thing that internet likes calling procrastination now.

>You can't be effay if you live in one of the following countries: USA, UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Australia, Taiwan, Japan

>you can't be effay if you live in one of the

first world get rekt, slav europe rasa panów

>Videogames are the biggest no.
I agree, the vast majority of video games are casual, dumbed-down trash that cater to the lowest common denominator. Definitely not Veeky Forums. But, there are some that aren't like this: video games that actually do something interesting artistically, and add another interesting facet to your lifestyle and hobbies.

Out of all of the things you listed I feel as though going on Veeky Forums is probably the most disagreeable one.

Fosters

Care to recommend any?

It doesn't matter. The sperg doesn't like them so you can't either. You will never meet his standards.

No matter how well you dress, you are wasting his time because if you don't have a Wikipedia knowledge of music, you might as well walk around in a burlap sack.

Doesn't matter if you get your clothes designed for you by the biggest name in the fashion industry, if you play video games, you're just a fat nerd.

If you don't live in a country he likes, it is pointless. Just end it.

But it is okay if you wanna go on Veeky Forums. There is nothing wrong with that board. Nobody on it is so horribly insecure that they have to make a list demanding what you invest your time into the select few things he has chosen if you want to be effay (not fashionable, "effay").

what a weird post

>- Sitting in a park and reading a book
>- Sitting in a park and studying
well better take the UK off that list

Roguelikes (true ones, not the indie rogue-lites)
Heroes of Might and Magic (especially played multiplayer)
Victoria 2, Hearts of Iron 3, Europa Universalis 4
Dwarf Fortress
Multiplayer dogfighting sims / 6DoF games
Digging up obscure freeware indie gems

league of legends

not him but I'll give it a shot:

*artsy fartsy*
NORTH
The Beginner's Guide
The Stanley Parable
Kentucky Route Zero
OFF (free, not on steam: offgame.wikia.com/wiki/Downloads)
the static speaks my name (free)
Antichamber
Shelter
Dear Esther
The Cat and The Coup (free)

*other artistically great games that are more "gamey"*
Oxenfree
Machinarium
Gone Home
Life is Strange
Hotline Miami
Dark Souls
Undertale
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Thomas Was Alone
The Swapper
Baid
LIMBO
Papers, Please
Bastion

GoT
HoC
TWD

/normiecore/ basically

These look great, thanks user :*

stopped watching TV this year. I can't stand how shit it's gotten. it used to be True Detective, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones (when it was good) now it's all baby shit

Anybody could change your opinion on any of those points by just having a cool, good-looking dude do them in an artful way.

You actually think that the time you wake up is going to reflect on a word that is essentially a stand-in for 'cool'?

I hope you understand that eviscerated you. The reason you do this dumb shit is because you're desperate to be viewed by other people as the cool, good-looking dudes you adore, meanwhile failing to see that adhering to a list of sanctioned dos and donts is the least effay thing imaginable.

im on the last season of the wire

You're right about most things.

I disagree with these things:
>huge knowledge of music in general
knowledge of classical is more than enough imo

>sitting in a park and studying
that's just retarded. study belongs to your dorm/home. unless you are taking a meme degree in sjw-studies, than you don't even have to study.

I would add the following activities:
>go to the theatre, opera
>cinema

literally meme tier. fuck off with that shit

Deus Ex
Chrono Trigger and old JRPGs
System Shock
Indie Freeware games
Roguelikes
Private servers for dead games

Braid
Nightsky
shit like that, I guess

I don't watch TV. Not trying to be "pretentious" about it or anything, but there really isn't anything interesting enough to be to warrant buying cable and setting up a TV. I get most "screen" entertainment online and through video games, and even when watching shows online, I always feel like I'd rather be doing something else.

I do like watching movies, though.

>video games

Don't worry, nobody would mistake you for highbrow man.

wow everyone humblebragging about TV reminds me of this coketalk post:

"I’m twenty six. Shit’s not for me anymore is it? Music, movies, commercials, etc. It’s actually all for sixteen year olds, isn’t it? Why?"

Because you haven’t changed the channel yet. (Hate to break it to you, but it’s time to start paying for premium channels and going to see live music at smaller venues. Welcome to adulthood.)

Nightsky is patrician as fuck, play through it at least once a year, suprised somebody else knows it

Seconding:
Stanley Parable, witty game.

Deer Esther, atmospherically fantastic.

Life is Strange is a good story that took a direction I didn't enjoy, but the frenchies did a good job creating american teenagers and writing an episodic video game.

Gone Home is sorta meme, but I heard good things about it, same with undertale.

Hotline Miami is a lot of fun.

Bastion, Papers Please, LIMBO are great.

I personally would recommend these atmospherically driven games:
>The Long Dark
>Bioshock
>Max Payne 3, if you like neo noir alcoholic cop stories.
>Metro 2033/Last Light, depends how much you like apocalypses.
>silent hill 2

For something completely gameplay with no substance, The Hidden is a dated, but very fun mod.

>Dark Souls
More like Bloodborne.
Dark Souls' art design is all over the place.

:)

They're only memes because "gamers" can't handle anything that tries to expand the medium beyond what they've established is the medium. It's sad...

Also forgot to mention Bioshock and Metro, thanks!

I forgot Bloodbourne, but you're right.

WHO HERE /NOTV/

>make a lifestyle thread on Veeky Forums
>suddenly it's a vidya thread

fucking /v/ is spreading cancer-like

Lmao I can't believe that they gave you a warning. A general that compartmentalizes a bunch of off topic threads is a great idea

>- going to bed at a reasonable hour is effay
Agree with everything but this. The effay get up early but go to sleep late

Vodka neat

You don't have to lurk /v/ to like video games. But, this thread does need to make a 180.

the name isn't effay enough
>/lifestyle/
any basic bitch can live a certain lifestyle.

quick, prove you're true Veeky Forums with coming up with the most pretentious and unique name for a lifestyle thread you can think of

Seconding max Payne 3, really has a great story and gameplay.

Olde English

Outside of 7 habits
And how to win friends
What are must reads for self-improvement

seconded, pre-scheduled programming and crappy ads are outdated and certainly not fa

desu u should just drop it the wire peaked with 4/3

Meh, if someone wants to post in my place he's welcome.

>quick, prove you're true Veeky Forums with coming up with the most pretentious and unique name for a lifestyle thread you can think of

Effay Meditations

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus: Effay Meditations.

Wherein Marcus Aurelius recordeth, What and of Whom, whether parents, friends, or masters, by their good fits and counsel, he had learned.

Of Veeky Forums I have learned to be hipster-ish but cool, and to refrain from fedoras and cargoshorts. From the memory of shitposters that begot me I've learned effay behavior. Of /r/MFA I've learned to match my belt with my shoes, to always wear buttonups, and to not only wear, but also shill in favor of minimal white sneakers.

Of him who brought me up, to always avoid NB shoes because they're whack as fuck. Of my great grandfather, to always value a good education so I shall never have to endure physical work to spend $85 on a T-shirt, and to always excel when the teacher looks vaguely fuckable, and that I ought not to think too much, else I would reject the bigotry of Veeky Forums.

Of Kanye, not to busy myself with buying shit tier clothes just because it's tied to a celebrity, and not easily to believe bullshit about dressing like Don Draper, which is commonly told by neckbeards, autists, and people born in 1920 and before, as I look equally shit in a 3 piece suit in a fedora as in my new Yeezy clothes.

To MFA I am beholding, that I first entered into the conceit that I want to dress well and cure myself of graphic tees. And then, that I did not fall into the ambition of ordinary 20 year olds going off for college, dressed like a broken middle-aged man after a day spent in office-core threads. And that I studied fashion and arts, neither of which I know anything about, but mention everytime the effay lifestyle is in question. That I did not use to walk around in my bathrobes, because I've read a thread about a guy wearing female thongs and found them more comfy than any robe.

UK TV is probably worse than what you have, besides football I don't watch any live TV. Mr Robot, Bojack Horseman and Rick and Morty are 3 very good shows right now

If by UK TV you mean the shit they call TV in the UK (as opposed to some abbrevation for a single channel), it's been shit since like 1990. I lived in the UK for 5 months and after 3 days I didn't even bother to turn on my TV. I got back home and almost had a stroke when I saw that the local Comedy Central has imported your trash. I saw "My Hero" and started smoking again, had cancer at that point anyway. Cue 6 different series with the same Friends- copy setup, none of them funny or creative in any way.

"That girl is pretty, I should go talk to her."
"Go for it, you're the shizzle matey!"
"Tally ho!"
"Told ya he's a madman, he got that number"

Bitch ya'll look like you came from 1988 and the series you star in was shot in 2004. Should've got some old-school British humor with that time-machine instead of 500 ugly shirts and 5 diarrhea colored jackets.

>Big Brother
>Forget it's not local and it's just the rerun of the British ones
>They gon fuck

And then they don't because it's British television.

>Switch channels

Golf. In Britain. Rain. Serious PTSD, flashbacks of London, the ugly pile of shit you call your capital.

10/9.5 would nuke the UK. That 0,5 is the bacteria between some British teeth that figured out a way to live independently.

>In europe, 99% of them are free so you have no fucking excuses, idk about the rest of the world
theyre never free

They are tho. You pay for it via taxes, but then you can go as often as you like. Shitloads of free museums and art galleries in my area and they have at least 6-7 events/year, with different things to see during each. It's practically free.

Being this jaded is not Veeky Forums.

ohhh ok lol, I was wondering what the fuck you were on about

def agree on the cinema part. Took a film analysis class, and it was so fucking effay. Learned to have a deeper finer taste in movies and look at more then just the overlayer of shit. Movie class turned into a deeper outlook on life. 10/10 would recommend taking the class for any students.

agree, except I dont play video games.

>tfw started studying Architecture
>No more time for vidya, Only play Rocket League and Cities Skylines on weekends
>Watch Netflix or read my history book on free time
>Work out 4-5 times a week
>Don't smoke or eat/drink unhealthy food
>Start genuinely worrying about my clothes and the way I look
>Feels pretty alright
Am I reaching true effay transcendence?

being on Veeky Forums is not effay

Shut the fuck up

By definition effay is whatever the current zeitgeist on this board is, so browsing Veeky Forums is the one constant factor in being effay.

The irony is being effay and being fashionable aren't related and the shit this board tends to like is autistic as hell, so while you're not wrong that browsing Veeky Forums isn't effay in the spirit of what people obsessed with "effay" wish being effay was, it's the one thing that will always be effay.

guys come on dont be deluded user is right here. It's not effay to be here, it' s just our hole we can never leave.

half way thru at this point

season 3 was goat

woah

Shut the fuck up

neck-beard tier

Insecure cunt making fun of other's interests