Techwear General

>What is techwear
Urban Techwear is the futuristic, dystopian aesthetic centered around living in a city-like environment. Enabling the wearer to liberating movements and functionality that a commuter through an urban jungle would need. This is not to be confused with the whole, technical clothing, which is based solely on providing functional articles of clothing. With this broad definition of technical clothing, this allows designers to skew on what shape technical clothing takes. To remember it simply, technical clothing is broad and doesn’t take any form, urban techwear is just the name of the branch with a specific style.

>What are some recommended brands?
pastebin.com/wknV0hA7

Other urls found in this thread:

store.enfinleve.com/collections/previous-collections/products/ezkio-oversized-fishtail-parka-black
hbx.com/brands/stone-island/jdaum-5-pockets-chino-with-hidden-pocket
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dressed-down, once thought to be turning over is just going to through a phase of construction according to his site. However, I've been working on a guide to post on Tuxbell as our sticky site lacks greatly on helping newcomers. Help would be appreciated to make this style the very first to have a compressible guide on Tuxbell.

The first problem facing when trying to create this guide is getting it Tuxbell. As weird as it seems, I as a registered user can't create new pages to internally link my guide to. I'm new to editing on wikis, and help would be awesome

What is up with this fixing the sticky thing lately. I'm new and don't really understand. Is there something wrong with it?

A lot of the links are dead and some the content is outdated.

Pretty much this , not only is content outdated it is also very lacking. I want to fix this starting with techwear and expanding onto things I know about.

anybody know where I can get clips that are used on Acronym bags? want so for a project im working on

I know they are used on German Military magazine pouches but its usually 15$ just for 1 pouch especially since I just need the clip

I believe what you're looking for this the: Acronym 3A-WK3. I'm pretty sure they use this on all of their bags, just in a different color

Actually my bad, it doesn't really look like it, at least the pictures of it that I've seen. My bad.

Can I post pictures?

Why would you need permission?

Hey guys, I need a haircut. I understand that Tech wear is all about mobility, should I keep my hair short? Or should I keep in restrained, like a pony tail?

You can't easily get hold of them, 1000deaths and aokuco said they had a "supplier", the part number is on Sufu though (I think) they have a diy thread in there techwear bit

I was thinking of asking 1000Deaths himself since I talked to him before and currently awaiting a belt from him,but I felt it would be getting a bit too personal especially since people like these tend to hide their tricks.

also whats Sufu?

ITW Nexus Soft Snap 58

Yeah might be a bit far to ask him for parts, maybe if you ask for advice on getting started making tech stuff, that might go somewhere. And Sufu is super future, it's pretty dead and some of the waywt threads aren't so hot but you might find something useful on there

Not the guy you're replying to, but they aren't the same, the part acronym use is ykk but you can't really get them. However that itw part is pretty close and there are some polish surplus/supplies websites that sell them

Does anyone know why there wasn't a showcase video for this current season of Acronym?

I dont think they have released anything yet

What dates do they cycle? I'm new to following Acronym.

Not sure, they offer a preorder for those on subnet apparently along with more information about the next release, I think there ss release was after everyone else though

How exclusive is their subnet?

I think you just have to buy something from them first hand to open an account

I dont mind using this part but I only found it on one site but its based in Germany so the shipping is like 30$ just for 1 part that weighs a few grams

What are these jackets?

Still from a film by artist Patrick Bernatchez

I also want to know this

im still pissed from last years acg release. no black with white lettering and they jack the price up to like 800 bucks.

posted this in C2N but thought I would post here.
Stone island cargos with minimal branding.
Thoughts, theyre $300 so its a bit of hard choice,
Thinking im going to cop soon as they seem to be selling fast.

I wouldn't spend so much on such basic looking pair of pants. But if you had your money I think it would be worth.

Why did Nike stop the ACG line?

For me, I kept mine low. A dark buzz cut, easy to maintain and I can pull it off. I was never a fine of maintain lots of hair

Does anyone know when Dressed-down is coming back up?

I think 1000deaths just rips his off of Bundeswehr G3 magazine pouches. They go for around 2 Euros online.

nobody knows, but here's a similar one store.enfinleve.com/collections/previous-collections/products/ezkio-oversized-fishtail-parka-black

the subnet is pretty damn exclusive - afaik the only people with access are retail buyers for stores that have acronym accounts, and some diehard fans/friends of the brand

acr's super paranoid about revealing their product ahead of time (fearing another brand might copy them and release before they do), so the subnet is locked down tight.

where can i buy ACG line stuff ?

I dont see it on grailed, nearly nothing on google, why ? was it just a concept ?

hard to find, the stuff in the pictures was last fw season.
try your local nikelab if you live in a big city

Try eBay or any retailers that stock it. Some stores have leftover stuff from older seasons.

Acronym has their sweatshirt and hoodie, they look really nice but I don't have the money to spend on such things. Any alternative techwear hoodies?

dumping some techwear inspo from the undisputed god of tech: sufu's very own danii

Those are some ugly looking pants...

the fucking rollerblades made me lose it

Superfuture, without a doubt, is faggiest, try-hard forum online. Jesus Christ.

i like the jacket tho

w2c ?

ummm sufu is basically the home of techwear, idiot
so many based users: inkinsurgent, danii, tek7zero...

Acronym GT-J17. Good luck finding it, it's from an older season.

>this modern year and cultural climate
>intentionally dressing like a terrorist
What do you mean take off my mask and scarf, officer? It's a free country, isn't it? Why do you want to look inside my bag? I know my rights! Rape! RAA- *THUNK*

balaclavas are the shit
unfortunatly the fucking terrorist had to go rampage and cause this kind of headwear to be forbidden in my country
>styleblocked by fucking terrorists

f off

Yo, so I came across this piece from Columbia the other day. It's technically a "wind shirt" from their golfing line, but I was wondering if it would be possible to implement this into a techwear fit somehow.

My initial thought was to include a black, long sleeve compression layer underneath, but let me know if I've got the wrong idea. I'm trying to find short sleeve alternatives to some of the outer layers since it tends to stay fairly hot where I live.

he looks like a retard.

jealous fag detected

Forget about layering if it's hot where you life. It's 30-34 degrees Celsius where I live, and I strictly wear only t-shirts.

The struggle is real.

I've had a really hard time getting variation in my fits. One of the biggest problems I've found is that even if you find outer layers that work well in the heat, you look ridiculous for wearing something that looks as though it would be uncomfortable in that particular climate... does that make sense?

In my mind, with one of these shirts, you're open to the long sleeve option giving you that techwear layering look, but at the same time, you don't look like an asshole for wearing a jacket in the sweltering heat... I mean who knows? I could just be making excuses at this point, but I'd like to think that I'm on to something.

I throw on a really thin jacket when I go indoors due to the air conditioning being dialled up to eleven. I really doubt you'll be able to wear that Columbia shirt outside though.

I feel you on that.

There's also the distinct possibility that the shirt looks terrible and doesn't really convey the techwear look as well as I would have hoped.

I'm going to do a bit more digging to see if I can find alternatives, but I'll let you guys know if I come across anything more viable.

Thanks for the feedback.

hbx.com/brands/stone-island/jdaum-5-pockets-chino-with-hidden-pocket

you're welcome

shit your pants tier

Post link to film please

id on jacket?

Acronym J1A-GT

I might actually cop the jacket now, on the site it looks way to big and clunky. But this guy seems to wear it all right. Is that pocket thing on the front removable?

the problem with acronym is that it seems to only look good on that dude.

No, I might of wrote confusingly. I meant that the jacket doesn't look good on Errolson Hugh , but it looks alright on thid guy

Where to get that hoodie?

No clue

W2C boots and pants?

>hbx.com/brands/stone-island/jdaum-5-pockets-chino-with-hidden-pocket
thanks but i think i like the ones i posted a bit more

Found it.
Viridi-anne A/W '15 Collection
Don't know the name of the piece though

otherwise cool & all but way too baggy

Anyone have a good tech backpack that's cheap?

tnf Borealis any good?

I got the Borealis and it's pretty sweet, especially for the price.

Timbuk2 is pretty cheap

w2c?

>ummm sufu is basically the home of techwear, idiot
>so many based users: inkinsurgent, danii, tek7zero...
is this bait? sufu is fucking shit lmao

Here's a question I've never bothered with in these threads - how do you guys afford your tech fits? Like it seems that while most techwear enthusiasts wearing Acronym, Veilance, SI:SP and whatnot are college aged, I'm still working on a degree so that I can some day afford any of this shit.

Techwear is an expensive investment. I was able to cop some basics at stuff at outlier because I got a IT job right out of high school while going to college.

w2c?
This looks dope.

lots of single guys working for 40k+ a year in IT or media/design

&

lots of items hold fair resale value, so they flip items

I just mug people

So this is just mallninja with a different name?

Bumping the question.

I actually own the jacket, and it fits slightly big. If you don't like the oversized look, you can size down for a slimmer fit. It's cut bigger than normal because it's supposed to accommodate an unreleased liner.

Cool, I'll take that into consideration.

did you order directly from their site? Is it a pretty painless experience with duty and all that (depending on where you live)