Hello effay

Hello effay,

I just bought Iron Rangers as my first serious boot purchase.

How much of a cuckold am I?

what other boots do you own

No other boots

My feet hurt

could be the break in process or you goofed on size

>cuckold
You're not. Just incorporate them into an actual work wear/ outdoorsy look. Do you actually work inna woods? Do you work in a craft? At least a brewery or something? If so, it'll look great with just raw denim, flannel, sweater, and like a trucker hat. Just make sure you're not looking too clean cut and hipster ish.

A lot of people on the conservation trail crew out here have em. Those and the moc toe ones are great, though not necessarily for actual hiking. I know a kid who wears em when on trail crew though.

So I guess the question is: what's your aesthetic, OP?

I'm not OP but was considering getting the 8115 Copper IR this September. I'll be at college, but I come from an agricultural background. Thus, a lot of my clothing is very workwear, americana (501 STF, Flannels, Carhartt, Milsurp) related, so it'll be flush with my wardrobe. My main hesitation is the LL Bean Katahadins I already got. It's a very similar boot, but the IR's Are considerably nicer, at least in my eyes. I'm just not sure if it's that worthy of a purchase.

Keep in mind, I'm gunning for 2nds on STP. I got in contact with RW a month ago, they said they may appear on there on account of their rerelease that particular IR with an updated sole.

I like to think you're safe with red wing etc as long as there's no beige wedge sole

I have a beat up pair of pic relateds, they're made in the USA machinists' boots so good for pounding pavement all day or DIY

fat nerd who works in an office

I just want one piece of nice clothing that feels good. It hurts right around the ankle on my right foot. It's probably just the leather being tough but I paid enough goddamn money that if wearing this boot means constant pain then I'll just be in constant pain goddammit

bump

can someone post inspo for these. Very interested in copping at some point in the future

wear a plaster around that part so it doesn't feel like it's stabbing you and pouring lemon over the wound

Fashion aside, iron rangers are good dependable boots and well worth their value. Probably best pair of boots I've owned.

omg they really look like clown shoes on that pic

It's all about proportions. All the clown boot looks are twinks in slim or skinny jeans, probably wearing a US 12, which can look stupid long. IRs are bulkier than those slim fashion boots, and most Chelsea's, but lots of people don't adjust their wardrobe. It also doesn't help that they straight up look silly as they pass a size 10/11. The cap toe accentuates the bulbous toebox.

They're good boots and will last for a very long time if you take care of them. Never seen anyone on Veeky Forums take proper care of boots though.

How does Veeky Forums feel about engineer boots?

IRs are kinda 2012 core but I wouldn't mind another pair but I'd size down at least a whole size this time

I have a pair of these in black. I really enjoy them.

they really don't look that clownish I feel like people just can't into sizing. These run like a size big so I'm pretty sure niggas like just buy them and let them rock even though they're huge on them

Here is my boot care regimen:
* Wear them every other day
* Use shoe trees when they're not on my dang old feet
* Clean/condition them every so often

Anything else I missed?

mine hurt for about a year of wearing them twice a week. id wear them for a day and next two/3 days id let my feet recover then wear them again and eventualy leather softened up. never really tried any of the methods to quickly soften them up.

I found these on kijiji, 55 for the 2 pairs. should I cop or not?(sorry for image quality, its a screenshot)

just copped a pair of rw 9011 at goodwill for $20, barely worn

not bad.
my first pair of serious boots were redwing 9011

super expensive but worth it desu because the look nicer and nicer the older they get

are you fucking serious.

btw im>i bought mine for $250 USD

congrats on the fucking steal of a lifetime bro

I have them in black and I love them, so I'm picking these up soon, hawthorne muleskinner rough out leather

more inspo

Aren't some of these boots orginally made to be worn on constructions sites like the Indy's? I swear, Ford looked like he really fucked those boots hard in the movies.

picking these up hopefuly soon

any tips to getting the shine out? I want to make it dull

You don't need to use shoe trees on boots you goober. Just clean them with warm water and a rag every once and a while and polish them. Conditioner and whatnot are a gimmick.

Those are p sick desu. I just copped some suede tan colored doc marten chelsea boots myself, hyped for em to ship in

What do you guys think about Red Wing 875s and/or 1907s?

I already bought a shoe tree for $20 so I'm gonna use it.

I wish I could go back in time and get my IRs a full size bigger. I bought the "size down" meme

I at this point only wear smartwool medium and heavy weight socks, but even with my 10.5's being broken in and a few "freeze a bag of ice in them to stretch" sessions I can only manage lightweight wool socks or else my feet hurt like fucks.

The one thing I can't deal with now is the insole on my right boot feels like it was cut too small along the big toe, so I can feel the left half of my big toe and the meat the toe connects to hanging off the edge of a solid cork sole.

I tried some thin inserts but the difference is so staggering I can still feel how deep of a difference it is.

>outdoorsy
>woods
Their cork sole is completely flat and taking them on a hike is really the last thing you want to do.
They were built for work in garages or factories.

Wearing them anywhere but an urban environment is a bad idea and while they're water resistant you can't even wear them when raining because of how slippery they get.

If you want a versatile pair of boots the Iron Rangers are really not recommendable.

Do thrift stores really work like that in the US?

Because here the first thing they do is look up used prices online, then charge 20% more and wait for some hipster who doesn't use the internet.

I've not once in my life found something even remotely near a good price in thrift stores or on flea markets.

Goodwill, Salvation Army, and similar are charities that don't care about resale value- people drop off clothes, home furnishings, etc without any payment or compensation and literal meth heads (the nearest goodwill's manager literally lives in her van in the parking lot because she spends her checks on "liquor", according to her) working for minimum wage sort shit out based on gender and type (pants, button up, t shirt, etc) and almost literally make up a price. I've seen shit allen edmonds for $10, nordstrom clothes for about the same, and walmart clothes literally listed for the same or a dollar or two more than from walmart.

Actual thrift stores do yes, look up prices and list them for a markup.

it is just a boot. How could that be related to cuckolding?