Buying 2 or 3 of the same clothing?

Anyone ever do this? I've been thinking about doing so recently. I generally cycle out clothes throughout the week, and sometimes they get ruined at work (stains, tears, etc).Thoughts?
>pic not related

no otherwise you'll be known as that guy that wears the same shirt everyday

Unless you're buying it in different colors, I don't see why you need to do that.

I do. I don't wear a huge variety of colors so a lot of my basics are identical. Mostly it just saves me from having to do laundry as often.

For me it's not that I'm wearing it continuously, but its in case it gets ruined, I don't have to throw it away.

correction. It's so I can throw it away, but still have another one.

video games made me autistic about this
because
video game characters always wear same clothes
so i thought its kinda cool
and i always buy few of same stuff so i can wear it everyday

this, in video games i have the habit of hoarding a lot of items. I did this the same with my clothes. like haveing lots of white shirts, 2 black jeans etc.

I am somewhat minimalist, and I own several of the exact same plain black shift dress. I wear it pretty much every day in the summer. Then I have other outfits for special events or when I want to switch it up, but I love having a basic uniform. In autumn and winter I switch to black turtleneck/black pants and I switch up my jacket and shoes a little more. It's a great system.

yes for things I really like but not in case they get ruined but for when they inevitably get old and the manufacturer doesn't sell the same cut anymore

Girls wear clothes?

I only do this for basics, like plain tees, underwear and socks. I have 5 tees in the same cut by one company since they fit perfectly.

Otherwise no, I generally like variety.

This is smart. Find basic tees that you like and stock up on them. Don't be afraid to get them in the same color either, because if you feel confident in it, you can't go wrong with wearing it twice as often.

This is also smart. I have several pairs of 508s that I got before they stopped selling them.

You seem like an interesting person lol

Not that many people will notice, and if they do, they usually ask if you're wearing the same thing.

Yeah straight up this:

I have two of the same black t-shirt.
I have nine pairs of the same underwear.
I have like 16 pairs of the same black socks.

Socks are the best for buying the same in multiples because if one wears out in two different pairs, you still have a matching pair of socks

I do this with underwear and socks for sure
then again I only buy them shits at H&M anyway so 7-pair socc paccs are that shit for me

kek I get in trouble if I don't.

How does this apply for plaid or flannels? I'm very picky about the colours, and size of checkering, and there's only SO MUCH variation you can do with checkered patterns.

If it's a pattern you really love and would be hard to replace, then absolutely. I shrank and tore my favorite Pendleton and I've been searching for the same pattern or a better one for over a year. If I ever find one, I'm definitely buying two.

Almost all of my shirts are white and I have 3 pairs of chino pants that are all beige, desu you see different people everyday other than work / school
if your out so if you have like 1-3 casual outfits that look decent , I would stick with them

Shoes are good for doing this.

Giving a shoe 24 hours of rest will make it last longer. So, buying two pairs and alternatively makes them last longer.

However with how much people spend on shoes around here that might not be feasable. I'm rocking the air monarchs.

People don't generally notice trousers/jeans right?

Do their cells need 24 hours to reproduce and heal or are you just retarded?

The way he phrased it sounds pretty stupid, but he could have a point (even if he doesn't know why).
Feet sweat. Moisture, bacteria, sweat pH etc. I think it's fair to assume that that sort of thing can affect the integrity of a shoe. Letting it dry out fully could be beneficial.

idek tho, I never thought about it before, but it could be a thing. I still wouldn't buy 2 pairs of the same shoes - just wear different shoes on different days.

I think it's more so that the shoe or whatever clothing item appears less worn.

my clothes wear down very fast (I don't know why, shoes are even worse)
When I come across the same item after a while of really loving that clothing piece, I will buy it again.
>tfw autismo

I literally buy walmart shirts to wear under my whites, expecially for work, it doesn't matter at all

To be honest I don't see why not. For a while now my wardrobe consist mostly, if not only, of grey, white, black and few similar coloured t-shirts, works for me.

Point being if you don't have an opinion of a slob and don't stink for the whole floor people are going to just think ; "That guy wears same coloured shirts everyday. That's just how he rolls, that's cool" instead of ; "ew, that fuckup wears same shirt everyday"