Can anyone rec me a book about Rhodesia/The Rhodesian Bush War?

Can anyone rec me a book about Rhodesia/The Rhodesian Bush War?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eyJFRTJgPbU
vimeo.com/71491338
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did you know Ian Smith was a Presbyterian?

That's pretty cool

If only they had been nicer to the blacks, rhodesia-zimbabwe would be a wonderful thing.Willbur Smith (himself a Rhodesian) wrote a series of novels about the country some of which are set during the Bush war.

youtube.com/watch?v=eyJFRTJgPbU

Mukiwa by Peter Godwin

>mfw Rhodesia doesn't work out

They were pretty damn nice to blacks m8, compared to SA

vimeo.com/71491338

>poorrhodisian.jpg
>poor
They deserved it

Of what sort? An old school holds-to-Westminster type? Or a faggot 20th century liberal Presby? Two different sorts entirely.

Fuck off

Why do you say such things? Did it effect you in some way? please do tell.

A country with segregated ethnic minority clearly ruling an ethnic majority either economically or politically will never work out, just ask the Chinese in Indonesia, or Tutsi in Rwanda, sooner or later because "success breeds jealousy" the majority will turn against the minorities as a whole, even if the ruling class is just a fraction of said ethnic minorities.

yes but your defeatist outlook and handing the 'keys to the kingdom' as it were leads to bloody revolt and a peverse, reverse subjigation or mass exodus of the previous, mostly benevelont masters, thus such anarchy benifits no one.

But i guess there free of there shackles now huh?

Most of the population was rural and tribal.

good answer

His parents were Scottish

>tfw you can't find any good rhodesia books at the library and you're to cheap to buy books

Seemed to work a lot better than Mugabe's communist terrorist regime that suffered mass inflation, famines and caused humanitarian disasters in all surrounding nations.

I'm gonna get me a FAL and paint it puke green and baby shit yellow one day.

Yep, recommend this one. Won't give you the big picture of it, but a good read nonetheless.