How do I avoid dressing like a nu-male, and instead dress like a neo-male?

How do I avoid dressing like a nu-male, and instead dress like a neo-male?

>neo-male

huh?

The term is too new for even urban dictionary to catch on.

>suprematist art
>made-up buzzwords

Is this a /leftypol/ thing again or just avant-teen shitposting ?

This term transcends politics; unlike "nu-male."

my nigga malevich in the cut

he was referring to neo-masculinity

No. Again, this transcends politics.

Form your penis and balls into cubes and let them hang out

The answer: A N D R O G Y N Y

Think about it. The stereotypical "nu-male" asserts his masculinity through tattoos and beards and other superficial traits.

The reactionary conservative male (i.e. the "anti-nu-male") asserts his masculinity through tearing down the appearance and habits of the aforementioned "nu-male," while simultaneously presenting himself as relatively anti-fashion.

But, the neo-male transcends all of this. He doesn't need to assert his masculinity (especially not through superficial appearance traits), nor does he care how his masculinity is perceived. He might (not necessarily) choose androgyny, as it removes all superficial gender-related elements of clothing. He wouldn't choose androgyny to make a statement (political or otherwise), but rather to ascend from superficiality and pettiness. His style choice would transcend gender and gender politics, and focus on more primal visual and tactile forms. This makes him a stronger man.

this

Why is androgyny so underrated

androgyny - the only true beauty

Because people don't understand it. Critics (and often participants) often confuse it with cross-dressing. Cross-dressing has an idea of gender in mind, while androgyny is, by definition, without gender.

I thought androgyny was mixing thing that are explicitly gendered (pic semi-related), while gender-neutral/unisex/agender had no gender connotations. Stop me if I'm wrong though because I like what you two are getting at.

Mixing male and female clothing to create an ambiguous-gendered style definitely is androgyny. I think it would definitely fit into what I was talking about, though it perhaps is less subtle than the examples above.

but that IS cross-dressing in a way

btw I don't see what's wrong with showing some masculinity if one wants to

Oh, there's nothing wrong. But don't define yourself by some superficial element of masculinity; make it genuine.

>androgyny
>that hairline

I get what you're saying tho

This.

I wish more men knew it's ok to not have a beard

>mfw this has been my natural progression because I can't grow a beard I used to be kind of annoyed by the "FUCK YEAH MANLY BEARD" sentiment

people telling me what I want to hear is nice

honestly that just looks like a good fit senpai

It all makes sense now

>mfw when I saw this the other day
I am openminded pay attention to conspiracy theories about feminizing men but part of me wonders if its not just a continuation of fearful people trying to hold on to the past?

I used to be kind of jealous of the kind of clothes girls got to wear when I was younger but the lines get closer all the time so it's not that big of a deal to me but I think I'm still too scared to even wear a dress until it becomes mainstream as fuck

jeffrey is just doing it for attention though because his music is so irrelevant in comparison to his competition he acts gay because it riles people up

leggings are extremely masculine though

what would be more alpha than having every detail of your dick on full display through your pants every day?

This
The only thing bad about it is that it's called "Meggings"

You have more or less articulated a thought I've been lingering on for a while. I'm attracted to wear from the ME because of its androgynous/utilitarian function. It's flattering to the figure and can be twisted to accentuate the best features in anyone. It's also different and actually risky. Not like a tattoo, which people think constitutes an identity.

I'm trying more and more to build a wardrobe around flow-y, earth tone fabrics, but it is VERY difficult to find these styles of clothes produced truly unisex, and not just with women in mind.

Yeah, I agree.