>Veeky Forums will defend this

From that angle it indeed looks pretty weird but it doesnt look like that irl

>sneaker in the streets
>george foreman pingpong paddle in the sheets

this is the holy grail of sneakers and you know it

the angular components give it a brutalist look that is very appealing to me

Worst colourway, best Rick Owens x Adidas sneaker

>the angular components give it a brutalist look that is very appealing to me

would you say the same if they were from walmart?

What a fucking autismo question, wal-mart would never have the quality of those shoes. If they were from fucking wal-mart and had the same quality they do yeah they'd be just as good because it's a good shoe. You're a fucking retard hang yourself or preferably choose a slow suicide that causes you a lot of pain. Faggot.

>look at me im different and not like you pls no hate even thou im better than u in every way
The shoe

>Worst colourway, best Rick Owens x Adidas sneaker
This times a thousands.

Looks like something you'd wear if you were trying to run on water or some shit

fucking plebs

what are you doing on a fashion board ?

My God
From the thumbnail I thought that was a bag on the right

Terrible angle

friendly reminder that rafdidas/y3/rickdidas are all essentially diffusion products that cater to the lowest common denominator in order to fund the mainlines

You are retarded. Since when does yohji have sportswear or sneakers as a prominent part of his mainline?

Y3 is for people that like adidas but want something a little more interesting or even a little better quality than regular adidas. I am aware they use some of the same material as adidas but the point still stands.

You literally just agreed with him while seeming like you were arguing with him. Congrats, like most people who seem to post here you have the reading comprehension of a fucking 4 year old with severe downs. Y3 is a cash grab to fund for his mainline. Same thing with rafdidas and most collaborations. It's a diffusion line to MAKE MONEY FOR MAINLINE. Is that bad? No, not really there are still a lot of cool sneakers from these collabs. In the end though fashion shows and making clothes costs a shit load of money generally out of the designers/houses pocket. An average runway show is about $200,000.00 usd iirc.

maybe. I dunno for sure because walmart has never done something like that.

i would, but the odds of them doing something like this is basically zero. plus if they did it i could cop these 4 cheap

>They fell for the dick ovens meme

>the angular components give it a brutalist look that is very appealing to me
fuck senpai it's a shoe not in depth literature analysis

>rick owens
>true fashion
Pick one

>neo-Veeky Forums

what a revolution in footwear

I can almost feel the quality through my computer screen

I would give anything for these shoes

lol why is so much of fashion so fucking gay?

I will never understand this shit either, OP, and I'm okay with it.

of course not, Veeky Forums buys things by brand. It literally doesnt matter what it is, just as long as its a brand. Very retarded behavior

so far from the truth, unless all you look at is the shit waywt

Those are some ugly ass shoes.

Shit, I'd rather wear Walmart shoes then those dick ovens.

what's your favorite runway collection and why?

(You)

You guys are hilariously missing his point. The dude was asking if you thought they would look good if you didn't see the Rick Owens logo on them.

It's more a question of brand loyalty than price.

Only decent rick piece I've ever seen.

what, you think designers just decide, 'well this looks kinda cool, so yeah'?
designing anything is an art
art requires inspiration and thought
just because you can't see past a sneaker doesn't mean there isn't something more there

I think the point is more brand cohesiveness. If Wal-Mart put out a shoe like that everyone would probably laugh at it because it makes no sense within the sphere of Wal-Mart products and the average consumer would be confused. The one person in a million who shops at Wal-Mart and also wears Rick would probably be like 'fuck yeah, those look like they'd work really well with all my Rick shit'

so tell me what else there is aside from just a sneaker

lol that user won't answer this. he just tried being a smartass an got BTFO

nah most likely people would clown on it for being sold in wal-mart

it would have to become a meme like casio watches to be considered acceptable. fashion is highly susceptible to peer pressure.

Casio watches are acceptable

L

I know. it's because they're a meme. I'm sure there are lots of other cheap watch brands that are casio tier but they are not considered fashionable.

No, I've seen plenty people buy shit-tier brand clothes to wear with designer shit such as rick,with the exact same reasoning as

>The one person in a million who shops at Wal-Mart and also wears Rick would probably be like 'fuck yeah, those look like they'd work really well with all my Rick shit'

if rick hadn't designed those, you or anyone else would've never thought that, come on man. it's never just about the design. it's the brand, the authority, marketing, price, exclusivity and the "i know what's up"-factor. that's what i was trying to get at. if you saw those shoes for the first time at walmart, zara or whatever, you would most likely not find them as appealing.

if people clown you for wearing goofy designer shit you can always brush it off with "yeah whatever you don't get it, get on my level faggot".

>guy with 5 pairs of y3 in his closet right now

>tfw photographer chose an angle that is OUTSIDE OF REALITY

is this what the 4th dimension looks like brah

That shoe looks silly

Brutalism is all about using novel forms to better support the functioning of a building, and to allow that functioning to dictate the form of the building. It's not "I made a cool shape out of concrete."

Those shoes, on the other hand, are "I made a cool shape out of rubber so now you have a running shoe that you can't run in."

>Adidas
>quality
Even if its a collab the shit will always pale in comparison to mainline product and even ricks mainline is dropping in quality.

4th dimension is time retard.

Hey, I'm sorry if you only think about clothing in terms of brands. I buy designer clothing and thrift clothing in equal amounts. I buy stuff to get a certain look, not to show off brands. If I wanted branded shit I would buy Versace or Louis Vuitton or something.

Do you actually believe this? How blind and ignorant can one be

which is funny because only time makes 3-dimensional perception possible

I dare you to say this fit looks like shit.
Mwwtt got some real sick fits which are wayyyy better than all waywt.

they look like straight from a character from Sonic Adventure 2 or similar to me

>Hey, I'm sorry if you only think about clothing in terms of brands.
what i said was that the design is not the only factor when we buy clothing (or anything else for that matter). there's a lot of factors at play.

>Do you actually believe this?
yes
>How blind and ignorant can one be
do you have an actual argument?

that fit looks like shit
now what?

>implying half the faggots on this board wont be wearing them in a month

reply fell off

if I wanted to flex I would buy something with logos like a supreme bogo or a shark hoodie or some shit. and out of all brands, you're gonna suggest rick, isn't bought for the design?

>you're gonna suggest rick, isn't bought for the design?
again, i'm saying that the design is not the only factor.
you want to flex for a small minority that knows what you are wearing.

>you want to flex for a small minority that knows what you are wearing.
no, I don't

>you want to flex for a small minority that knows what you are wearing.

Aka "you can't seriously like a design, right? I don't like it so you are obviously buying it just to flex!! I don't think it's good so no one else should!!!!"
I swear to god the arguments on this board get more retarded by the day.

looks like shit kys

Good to walk in 1m of snow

mwwtt looks like an extra in a fuckin sadboys video

>he's never produced stupid clothing before

>Aka "you can't seriously like a design, right?
you're missing my point deliberately. we wear what we like obviously, but there is a deeper reason why we like and wear certain things and what they convey to other people. that's what i'm trying to get at.
a good book on this topic is geoffrey miller's spent: sex, evolution, and consumer behavior.

blah blah design is not the only factor, yeh no shit sherlock
Literally everything is influenced by a limitless amount external factors, everyone knows this and it's pointless to bring it up
If I ask someone why theyre eating a certain sandwich, I'm not expecting him to tell me about his childhood tendencies and subconscious cultural influences, just what he likes about the sandwich will do

>blah blah design is not the only factor, yeh no shit sherlock
yet there is several retards itt claiming otherwise