I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life

>I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.
John 8:12

Have you accepted the Light? If not, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/gf/username/constantine/
desustorage.org/his/thread/1161727/#1161920
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_the_Apostle#Mission_in_India
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_India#Early_Christianity_in_India
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because I feel that foreign faiths are unhealthy for one's spirituality and universalist faiths even more so. I choose to drink from my own well instead.

When is your vacation time over?

what did he mean by this?

>I choose to drink from my own well instead.
how do I become flexible enough to do this?

Is that a metaphor for sacking your own dick?

yoga

>foreign faiths
Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation! (Mark 16:15)

most people who say they are "Christian" really arent so pics like that shouldnt be trusted

Yeah, that's my point. Monotheism shouldn't have left the middle East and the peoples from whose spiritual loins it sprung.

God is Light (1Jn 1:5) and light symbolizes righteousness; to walk in the light means to live in righteousness and goodness.

>God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:21

>Small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Matthew 7:14

How is this blatantly shitposting cunt not banned yet?

>This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out by God.
John 3:19-21

>if you don't into Jesus you are a bad person
>if you do into Jesus you are good

Wew lad, sure sounds like you need to be a little more critical of your beliefs and finally turn 15.

>my wife's Son of God

Just report one of his posts and hide the thread. He can't communicate in anything other then bible verses and other assorted bullshit anyway.

>>Hello, my name is Joseph of Nazareth, this is my wife Mary of Nazareth and this is Jesus of Nazareth, my wife's son of god.

So much cucking, so little time.

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. (2Tim 3:16-17).

Are you calling His teachings "bullshit"? Are you calling Him a liar?

>Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also. Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He made to us—eternal life.
1 John 2:22-25

This is obnoxious. If you want to start a Christian related thread, why don't you actually add some content? If you want to discuss this verse, why not add what light signified in those days compared to what light signifies today, or the parallels between light and life, or what light is in Christianity and how do we know it, or what light signifies in Christianity compared to other systems of thought, etc. This sort of quoting one verse and saying, "Well, what's your excuse?" is maximum tier Protestantism.

See >This sort of quoting one verse and saying, "Well, what's your excuse?"
This is just to start the thread, which is about Jesus Christ. I could've just written "Why do you hate me?" with a pic of Him appearing sad if I wanted to be a douche.

Haven't you noticed this autist before? All he can do is quote bible passages and then quote more bible passages when challenged.

Hey what do you think about the Flood? Why did you keep avoiding my question in the Orthodoxy thread? Are you even Christian or LARPing as a Greek Orthodox?

>and then quote more bible passages when challenged
?

Because God hates me.

I am, among other things:

>incredibly greedy- my main goal in lie is to become unimaginably rich so i can buy myself whores and booze for eternity
>incredibly lustful / curious about being a sodomite
>a blasphemer like no other, the times i've cursed god both aloud and in my head is uncountable
>slothful
>etc.

even if i prayed for forgiveness i know it wouldn't change an iota of my behavior.

prove me wrong

So you lied about being on vacation? and you don't want to lie further?

*sigh*

Your falling into the fallacy of proving scripture with scripture.

Its self referential

Also do you have wealth or a bank account? Maybe a 401K?

If not, do you support Christians that do?

>god is omniscient/omnipotent
>god creates man
>god faults man for being shitty
>god punishes man

M A K E S S E N S E

Because I want nothing, I don't want light or dark. If I could have one wish it would be for me to be sent back into the state of existence I was in before I was born peminetly.

Because obviously every last thing written down in the bible was written down by the jewish religious dissident in question before he was killed, obviously.

Oh wait it actually isn't obvious at all.

I don't have a grudge with a 2000 year old pile of dust and bones in the middle east. I have a grudge with one of his more obnoxious groupies on Veeky Forums. I don't think the dead jew is the liar, I think you are, either that or hilariously deluded.

That's not enough content. Start the actual thread with content.

And for your information, light means God's immanence sustaining creation.

>All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:23

>Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:20

God loves you. If you confess your sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive you of your sins and purify you from all unrighteousness. (1 Jn 1:9)

>Constantine calling a Christian shitposter "obnoxious"

WEW. Pot, meet kettle.

What do you think about the Flood?

I think it's very, very, very, very, very, verrrry wet

>light means God's immanence sustaining creation
>but will have the light of life

Darkness represents sin and evil. Light represents righteousness and goodness.

I can't believe I am explaining this to you.

Dude see this?I don't think you intended to quote this post.

>the jewish religious dissident
Don't you mean the Son of Man?

What's with the strawmanning by the way?

Okay that was kinda funny.

But lemme answer for her here for a minute: Catholics, Orthodox and most mainline protestant denominations do not consider the flood of noah to be a literal historical event. At least not in the whole earth gets covered in water kinda way.

So you deny the Flood? Okay. What else do you deny that's in the Bible?

So do you own a bank account or not?

What about Christians that do?

Light is God's immanence sustaining creation. His transcendence is like a sun, his immanence are like the light. Christ (as well as every other person of the Trinity) is the light. It is this light which is expressed in halos and shines through holy people. It feels like fire when one is at enmity with the creator. Christ's words aren't subjective, but they are very mystical.

>>Don't you mean the Son of Man?
No, jackoff, I mean the jewish religious dissident names Yeshua who got killed in the early first century for pissing off the wrong people.

>>Son of Man
This is just another nonsensical term applied to the historical person in question after his death by deluded followers of his.

would it be bad to? because interest rates or what?

>arguing with him
You're just as retarded as him.

Yes. Its forbidden by the Bible. It was against the law in Europe for over a 1000 years. However, when the protties had their thing, everyone conveniently forgotten about it. I always bring this up because most modern Christians harp about Bible quotes yet they ignore it when it says not to do things they actually do regularly. The Orthodox on the other hand frown on usury unlike protties.

>her
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/gf/username/constantine/
desustorage.org/his/thread/1161727/#1161920

HE'S A DUDE WHO MASTURBATES AND COMMITS ADULTERY WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND STOP THIS SHE HER MEME CONSTANTINE IS A DUDE

I'm starting to believe what said.

Kek those are her favorite movies

>/pol/ and Veeky Forums are now christcuck shill general

If you believe in god than put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger faggot, see if he saves you.

I already reported the thread, I'm kinda bored and I feel like throwing random objects at the dork who shits himself and eats glue. If you don't like that you can cry to your mother about it tonight after I leave her room.

You faggot.

than how the fuck am i supposed to keep my money safe senpai

>Yeshua
You mean Yeshua Ha Mashiach?
>deluded followers of his
You mean the ones who betrayed Him, rejected Him and then preached His Gospel as far as India following His resurrection?

>using your mom jokes
>taking offense to your mom jokes
>having a mom

I really hope you don't do this.

>Christianity a minority in the region where it originated
Feels bad, man

savage, constantino on suicide watchino

You've already told one lie, how can anyone trust you?

>one lie
?

How it happened or whether it is literal or metaphorical, isn't part of our dogma and never has been. Only thing we can say is it represents something that happened; the way it represents that simply is simply not part of teaching.

Did Noah die when he was 950 years old?

>Yeshua Ha Mashiach
He may have seen himself that way, although I can hardly get inside the mind of a man who died long before I was ever born.

>>You mean the ones who betrayed Him, rejected Him and then preached His Gospel as far as India following His resurrection?
And you obviously have all sorts of sources for this straight from some random catholic apologist page on the internet.

I will then explain to you why this isn't a reliable source, you will then post more bible quotes and pictures and then I will call you a dumb faggot.

That's a clever way of dodging the issue, gotta give your church credit for that at least.

Christ identifies himself with the light, not just some inspiration of the light. So the idea that going the right thing = the light in this context, is a pretty drastic simplification

The Joss Whedon Much Ado About Nothing actually might be my new fav

I can't say, but I presume so

It's not a dodge, the Church considers dogma to be only and strictly what Christ directly passed on.

What about Methuselah? Did he die when he was 969 years old?

>Have you accepted the Light? If not, why?

Yes, but I don't view the Light as Jesus.

He does reflect that light with his life and his teachings, though. I can't deny that Jesus was imbued with the love of God and inspired that same love in millions. For that, I'm grateful.

>died long before I was ever born
His Gospel hasn't and He is still alive. His resurrection is a historical event.
>you obviously have all sorts of sources for this straight from some random catholic apologist page on the internet

Pic related.

>you will then tell the truth and then I will call you a dumb faggot
You are truly a lost sheep. Poor soul.

If you want to discuss some historical or philosophical aspect of religion, fine.

If you're going to prosthelytize or otherwise recruit, GTFO.

i have accepted jesus christ as lord n saviour i just cant stop smokin dope n jackin off ,i doubt constantly praying and apologizing will book me a place in heaven ,how can i a sinner stop being a sinner if sin is part of life ????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't know, but I presume so. Again, there's no dogma on it.

Are Protestants your brothers in Christ?

You can stop fapping.

>one lie

Do you presume or believe so? What about the plagues?

>If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.
John 14:15-17

Do you know His commandments?

>His Gospel hasn't and He is still alive. His resurrection is a historical event.
No reliable source for this.

>>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_the_Apostle#Mission_in_India
I see an awful lot of references to tradition and legends of saints and such in that link, I see little actual verifiable evidence.

A more plausible source for early christian activities in india is here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_India#Early_Christianity_in_India

>>A historically more likely claim by Eusebius of Caesarea is that Pantaenus, the head of the Christian exegetical school in Alexandria, Egypt went to India during the reign of the Emperor Commodus and found Christians already living in India using a version of the Gospel of Matthew with "Hebrew letters, a mixture of colture."[28] This is a plausible reference to the earliest Indian churches which are known to have used the Syriac (a dialect of Aramaic) New Testament. Pantaenus' evidence thus indicates that Syriac-speaking Christians had already evangelised parts of India by the late 2nd century.

Hmm sounds like you're bullshitting again.

They're my brothers, but not in Christ. To be in Christ means to be physically and spiritually part of His Body, which is the Church

I believe so, but not as a parcel of dogma. That is, if another does not believe so, I do not think it impacts their substance of faith or their status as an Orthodox Christian.

You mean the plagues of Exodus? I belief in Exodus as events that transpired materially as they are recorded.

Jesus said to his disciples:
What am I like, for you?
To what would you compare me?

Simon Peter said: "You are like a righteous angel."
Matthew said: "You are like a wise philosopher."
Thomas said: "Master, my mouth could never utter what you are like."

Jesus told them: I am no longer your Master, because you have drunk, and have become drunken,
from the same bubbling source from which I spring.

Sounds like you're blind to the truth.

No. It actually sounds like you're full of shit.

>if another does not believe so, I do not think it impacts their substance of faith or their status as an Orthodox Christian
You reject your sacred text's teachings and you call yourself orthodox? I smell blind faith and hypocrisy.

My text isn't my teacher, Christ is. The text is only a witness to teaching.

>gospel of memas

Why do you deny historical facts?

>Historian Vincent A. Smith says, “It must be admitted that a personal visit of the Apostle Thomas to South India was easily feasible in the traditional belief that he came by way of Socotra, where an ancient Christian settlement undoubtedly existed. I am now satisfied that the Christian church of South India is extremely ancient...”.

>Thomas is believed to have left northwest India when invasion threatened and traveled by vessel to the Malabar coast, possibly visiting southeast Arabia and Socotra en route, and landing at the former flourishing port of Muziris of Tamilakam (modern-day North Paravur and Kodungalloor)[28] (c. 51–52 AD) in the company of a Jewish merchant Abbanes (Hebban). From there he is said to have preached the gospel throughout the Tamilakam western coast presently called as Malabar coast.

>The various churches he founded were located mainly on the Periyar River and its tributaries and along the coast, where there were Jewish colonies. He reputedly preached to all classes of people and had about 17,000 converts, including members of the four principal castes. Later, stone crosses were erected at the places where churches were founded, and they became pilgrimage centres. In accordance with apostolic custom, Thomas ordained teachers and leaders or elders, who were reported to be the earliest ministry of the Malabar Church.

Jesus treated as historical fact the accounts in the Old Testament, which religious and atheistic skeptics think are unbelievable mythology. These historical accounts include Adam and Eve as the first married couple (Matthew 19:3–6; Mark 10:3–9), Abel as the first prophet who was killed (Luke 11:50–51), Noah and the Flood (Matthew 24:38–39), Moses and the serpent in the wilderness (John 3:14), Moses and the manna from heaven to feed the Israelites in the wilderness (John 6:32–33, 49), the experiences of Lot and his wife (Luke 17:28–32), the judgment of Sodom and Gomorrah (Matthew 10:15), the miracles of Elijah (Luke 4:25–27), and Jonah and the big fish (Matthew 12:40–41). As New Testament scholar John Wenham has compellingly argued, Jesus did not allegorize these accounts but took them as straightforward history, describing events that actually happened just as the Old Testament describes.2 Jesus used these accounts to teach His disciples that the events of His death, Resurrection, and Second Coming would likewise certainly happen in time-space reality.

>it's a "Constantine the Agnostic runs away" episode

We believe in all these as real people. but you say stuff like, "Was it literally the whole world?" and those sorts of questions, obviously we can't elaborate further.

>>One guy says a thing therefore it happened.
This is dumb. He even prefaces it by saying "easily feasible".

We have no sources for the actions of these apostles that don't originate in the traditions and stories of various churches. If you don't understand why that makes this whole thing an inherently unreliable set of claims then that is frankly your problem.

Furthermore

>historical facts
>facts
No. History deals with what is likely.

But the Bible is pretty straight forward about it and so was Jesus. Was he lying to his followers? Did millions of jews cross the Sinai desert and did Moses part the Red Sea?

>Christian churches were built in India despite the Gospel not being preached to them

>Did millions of jews cross the Sinai desert and did Moses part the Red Sea?
yes

this is what I consider the biggest proof against christianity. I can't see Jesus as being anything more than a flawed human being without any of the special knowledge that comes with being part of an omnipotent Godhead

"Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish"
- Jesus

Was he lying?

No

I don't recall saying this? I recall saying that this whole story about apostle thomas's mission to the land of the designated shitting streets isn't credible, and it isn't.

So was Jonah three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish?

He said those words to specific people. Give me one biblical passage in which He says anything remotely close to "thou shall take every word I say literally". You won't find any.