I've read that 'baphomet' came from 'muhammad', by some bastardization like muhammad -> mahomad -> mahomet -> baphomet

I've read that 'baphomet' came from 'muhammad', by some bastardization like muhammad -> mahomad -> mahomet -> baphomet

but how and why did this happen? you don't see Judaism equate Christ with Satan.

>you don't see Judaism equate Christ with Satan.
but Judaism did that with Ba'al Hadad, caling him Ba'al Zebub and later becoming associated with Satan

that's a good point, but ba'al wasn't a major figure in an abrahamic religion

>you don't see Judaism equate Christ with Satan.

No, they just cruxified him.

You're not even going to hide this Bait with your Google search results, are you?

my main question is how did muhammad become baphomet

but he was a major figure in Canaanite polytheism. why does it matter if the figure being demonized is from an Abrahamic religion?

For a long time popular imagination in Western Europe imagined Muslims as idol worshipers. Most of that likely comes from the imagination of troubadours relying on stories of pilgrims and crusaders and putting a fresh coat of European pagan paint on a religion they didn't quite grasp, though the stories might come from experience with Islamic courts and automata, basically hydraulic robots that were meant to impress and intimidate visitors.

Think of it like Medieval meme magic.

No, but Christians associate Jews and the David star with satan.

how abrahamic religions view each other is really interesting to me, since they all follow some of the same basic story.

I don't know enough about Canaanites to say whether or not they had the same influence on Judaism (yes I know the jews from from canaan, don't understand the dynamic between the religions though)

It's a turf war. He's my God! No He isn't, He's mine, ad nauseum. My God is bigger than yours and I have more right to kill people in the name of mine than you do... blah blah blah

The Templars kissed the Devil's ass, remember? The Illuminati and Tom Hanks running through the Vatican... Jesus was a clone and Aisha was 16. I say again, Aisha was 16.

>completely misrepresent religion to make the followers seem petty and cruel
>go to sleep in your shit filled diaper after a long day of shitposting

it's just a matter of rivalry. Ba'al's weather cult rivals Yahweh's weather cult, demonized. Christianity rivals Judaism, Talmud has several passages mocking Jesus. Islam rivals Judaism (or did christians come up with baphomet? this is the first I've heard of it), Muhammad is demonized

its a religious and political propaganda during crusade era, basically the logic is: muslim=satan worshipper=muhamad worshipper and the goat idol imagery was made to represent that

inb4 that retard that always spouts the same pastas about how Islam is the antichrist, Muhammed was visited by the devil...

It more likely came from [John the] Baptist or Abu fiama(t), since so few people were unlettered back then and shit could easily be misconstrued.
The Templars may have been a Baptist sect, or they used Abu fiama(t) to refer to God.

>Abu fiama(t)
What is it?

Father of Understanding in Arabic. Templar secretaries were mostly Arabs/Saracens, so a lot of them learned used the language.

Ask yourself where the name Yahweh came from, and you'll answer your that question.

Witnessed...

...Mostly that's just edgy teens who can't draw a proper five pointed star.

The remainder being the synagogue of satan.

YHWH comes from "he is".

but christ was a jew

>I don't know enough about Canaanites to say whether or not they had the same influence on Judaism (yes I know the jews from from canaan, don't understand the dynamic between the religions though)
Yahweh was a Canaanite/Edomite/Kenite god of copper and bronze, war and storms, the early Hebrew tribes took as their own. The conflict between Moses and his followers is basically a retelling of that age old culture war that ended in His victory.

But on a board like this, bringing that up is just begging for a shitstorm, because of course the Jews were not influenced by anything but God Himself, and anything that even looks like Pagan influence in the Bible is just secularist re-writing history an attempt to destroy Christianity.

Nonetheless, among serious scholars of the Old Testament, that's where you end up.

Actually Baal and Yahweh come from the same pantheon. So yes he was.

>but how and why did this happen
It didn't

It's medieval Christians and their horribly misinterpretation of Islam.

Basically like today