Skincare General

Skincare General

Everything related to skincare routines, products, acne, and grooming goes in here.

Wiki:
Skin care basics:tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment:tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids:skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen:skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles:skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

Veeky Forums skincare FAQ:
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

Previous thread:

Posting infographic from the last thread, helped me figure out I was combo.

Is dry skin ideal for makeup?
I've noticed that most products are super oily, and oxidizes with my skin (oily) but on my dryer counterparts it helps for them?

thanks a ton man

No problem familia, just making sure the generals keep going since the pastebins and posters are helpful.

Bumparoo

Will copy and paste because I ended up posting on the previous thread:

Had to change almost my entire facial routine due to a breakout arising from stress and anxiety. Left me with some hyper pigmentation, so had a chemical peeling with retinoic acid. If one session doesn't clean these marks, will get pulsed light.

>mfw I am peeling like a potato

How do people curb hormonal or emotional acne? Supplements? [spoiler]I don't want to take birth control pills[spoiler] I am going to mark another appointment with my dermatologist, however I would like other opinions.

>Effaclair gel

To wash face twice a day

>Cheap facial soap for oily skin

To wash face during the day (humid and hot weather)

>Epiduo gel intercalating with Effaclair anti-age serum during the night

>Vichy Normaderm mask two to three times a week

>Vichy Idealia cream every mourning and every night

To eye area

>ADCOS gel

From now on, every time I get a pimple I am supposed to apply this on it, my doctor told me it dries in 8 hours. Perhaps it doesn't.

>Minesol FPS50 every time I go out

I have lots of little bumps where im assuming hair follicles are (similar to keratosis pillaris i guess, but not as inflamed). This is on my thighs, upper arm, calves mostly. What can I do about this?

Yes I'm overweight - working on it now.

I used to have oily skin, so I treated my acne with BPO 5% and moisturizer, and now my skin is all of a sudden very dry without the BPO, if I apply the moisturizer skin gets dry in 15 minutes. Why?

i used to have those on my upper arms, they faded when i got more sun and started working out.

what is your skin like when you're not doing anything at all to it?

any guy here use BB cream? I have pretty good skin now following a good skin regimen but still some redness here and there. I hear it's hard to recognize but I'm worried it'll mess up my skin more and make me rely on it too much

Anons help me. What can I do to treat a red nose?
It's not covered with big pimples. From distance it looks red but up close there are just some red dots, spots similar to regular pimples but smaller.

I have oily skin, so I use scrub for oily faces once/twice a day and it has helped a lot with blackheads and overall acne on my face, which is nearly nonexistant. I also apply coconut oil every evening but nothing helps with the nose. Any advice?

my doc perscribed me 2 months of clindamycin pills for my acne, anyone have any experiences with this?

How do i get REALLy pale? (Without starving myself lol)

I got some mysterious large black spots that sometimes appear on my face.
I've got two on my nose, much bigger and more noticeable than normal blackheads, these also sit on the sides not the tip

Then I also have some appearing on my forehead from time to time, since they disappear once squeezed I do it ofc. But I can't squeeze the ones on my nose because it's too difficult.

What do? And what is it?

>TL;DR: big black spots on my face can be squeezed but I got two on my nose much bigger than blackheads but I can't squeeze em because of the position what are they pls help

>what is it

hard to tell without looking at it

post a close-up picture that's in focus
cover up the rest of your face

i fuck my face up whenever i shave, help

>wake up in the middle of the night
>go to the toilet
>skin feels REALLY soft

Get a machine if you don't have one already, much more "gentle" than a razor

stop shaving against the grain

This is my nose really close up, you see two stops sitting really close to each other and the other smaller spots that you can barely see are normal blackheads

I had to take those too, I never noticed anything from them placebo maybe

When I am with a calm routine it's fine. One pimple here and there, but nothing major. I have large pores, oily skin and live in a tropical country, so I must wash it. I only had this problem due to peculiar circumstances.

They will come up in a near future, I want to prepare myself. However I don't want to screw myself taking birth control pills. I wanted something that could ''minimize'' the production of stress and sexual hormones, such as testosterone and cortisol.

Does anybody have any experience with probiotics? I took antibiotics for acne a few months ago so initially I was just looking to restore balance in my guts, but I've read that they can possibly affect a lot more than digestion etc.

does kelo-cote work?

follow up, are antibiotics really necessary? I came back from my derm today and he perscribed me minocycline pills, clindamycin wipes and gave me a glycolic acid wash. I feel like as long as I use the wash with a cleanser and moisturize with sunscreen I'll be okay, without using the antibiotics, which I don't think are an effective long term solution (I don't want to be popping minocycline for the rest of my life n shit)

What is good to use against blackheads on the nose? I use BP for my whole face which works well for everything else.
Routine:

Morning:
Cleanser
Oil-free moisturizer
Night:
Cleanser
BP 5 % after 10 minutes
oil-free moisturizer after 10 minutes
Any advice is appreciated!

>mfw I discovered derma rollers

what are they like, user?
do they hurt, and what are the results?

They hurt and make you bleed. But they make your skin look nicer even after one usage. They tighten your pores and help diminish any acne scarring. Just make your skin look smoother and more vibrant

Anybody have any advice to a fellow user who has oily skin ?? Please help

Tell us your routine.

No routine whatsoever just the regular morning/night cleanser

I just got one. Do you use serum afterwards?

Bumparoo

What does fa/ do for deodorant ?

Did you use them with a dermatologist or by yourself?

I am and that whore applied a weak acid, so I must choose between pulsed light of this.

Is C20 serum still fine if the last production date is August 8?

Is it still the best option or are there better alternatives?

>last production date is August 8

so it was produced on Aug 8? what year?

This year. Vitamin C can go bad if left too long. I'm wondering if it's too late to snag it.

Are you worried that a 25 days old serum has gone bad?

When is the expiration date?

Can take over a month to get here in Canada.

How do i get REALLy pale? (Without starving myself lol)

How do I deal with keratosis pilaris?
Hate this shit to no end.

use dr bronners peppermint soap
got rid of all my acne and made my pores look smaller (since they're not so full of oil i guess)

it's fine.
C20 is stabilized chemically to last for a longer time.