Hey Veeky Forums long time lurker first time posting my own shit. constructive crit welcome, hating not welcome...

hey Veeky Forums long time lurker first time posting my own shit. constructive crit welcome, hating not welcome, but whatever.

website is kindzeus.com
instagram is @kind_zeus
long live zeus

Some good ideas here but i feel like you don't have any vision of your own, you just take from others and put no own spin into it. Aliens, classical art and abstract, ironic phrases are overplayed. Why would anyone buy this instead of buying from the other 100 identical sites?

Thanks! everything is a remix. the way I see it, you sell stuff by creating stuff that people are interested in. That said, If you find any work identical to mine please let me know. Which sites are you referring to?

Agreed. Really boring and unoriginal. A lot of what I see is not so different from what you'd find on those vaporwave memeshops.

This.

And to and some more:
I feel like you take a lot of inspiration from other small brands, which is totally okay, nothing wrong with that.
But the thing is your pieces just becomes a shittier derivative of the original.
You need to take the idea and polish it to become better in a sense.

Otherwise come up with some new shit.
Though don't come up new ideas just for the sake of it being new.

As you're also having a sale I'm guessing that you're not selling that much either.
Which is probably because you don't get enough exposure or you're not making pieces that people really, really want.
You need to "get" what people want to wear.

This has the potential to become and interesting thread, let's make it one

fair..

as said, I am trying to appeal to an audience here. after I get the funds you will start to see the clothing I really want to make, not a huge fan of graphic tee shirts myself, but they sell. Any advice?

So what is it you want to make, I'm kinda curious.
How are you so sure that people want this more than your clothing?
I would personally never wear stuff from your current shop.

thank you for the feedback. This has been my first month running the shop and I made $500 in sales, so not too bad! I'm running the sale because I'm currently pushing the pins, which haven't been selling as well as the shirts.

Anyone care to link stuff that they think I'm taking inspiration from? I get that all graphic tees kinda look the same, but I'm not sure what small brands and shops yall are talking about.

Thanks!

I get that, most people wouldn't wear this stuff, I also wouldn't wear this stuff. If i wear a tee its almost exclusively plain. My main market is teen and young adult females.

The stuff I want to do is actually make garments, not just take tee shirts and print on them. I have plenty of concept ideas for sweaters and coats, hats, pants. Obviously, not everyone is into concept stuff either, and I'm not sure I would even use the same brand for that stuff since it wouldn't fit in.

so, can someone expalin what exactly op is shilliing here.?

my personal style is very minimal. In making garments I'm obsessed with interesting and comfortable fabrics and minimal design. My goal is to create an every day outfit that is super comfortable and versatile.

graphic tees and girly pins

I know zara had something similar to like a year back.
Though not really the same but it had the same kind of classical art on it (it was a sweatshirt though).

Someone in my old japanese class had a tshirt similar to the milk one.
Google: "milk tshirt"
Another better kind of graphic similar to yours is Tomoo Gokita's Ice Cream tee from stussy.

Btw, how did you get prints on t-shirt and embroidery on sweatshirt?
I've always wanted to do my own.

Btw, gratz on the $500!

thanks user, imma lurk his insta now

Thanks! happy to see a single positive sentence in this thread haha.

Yeah I've seen some classic art on a tee before too, it's admittedly not an original idea, and obviously not my own art. I just love that style.

And yeah, the whole japanese influence on black and white tee is a big fad right now, but also grimes has been doing that for many years so i'm trying to draw inspiration from her.

Half of the shirts I screen print myself, and the other half I have done professionally since my screens aren't good enough. For the sweatshirts I order them from a local company, super cheap.

the other pin

>Thanks! happy to see a single positive sentence in this thread haha.
More like I want to thank you lol, cause you don't often get good threads here.
If it's a marketing stunt or not does not matter at this point either.

I really want to say you should go for your own designs but they will maybe not sell that well.
So what I recommend you do is create something more of your own but at the same time add a touch of something that people recognize/feel comfortable with.
Cause if it's far too abstract or avant garde, no one will probably buy it and you have only satisfied your inner greed maybe you could call it?

But yeah, if you need funding for that then do whatever is necessary, even if it's making boring stuff I guess.
Though I think it would've sold better if you had some kind of idea/style behind what you're doing and not just going full mainstream.

Thanks so much for the advice. I will eventually get to selling some clothes that I made myself, and I don't think my ideas are too out there. Something similar to what I'm interested in is this site: bkbtconcept.com
The thing is, if I spend all my money and my items don't sell, I'm done. I spent almost all of my tiny savings on this project and I'm happy to be seeing some returns, even if I do feel kinda bad that I went the safe route. That's how you have to start off in my opinion. To be honest, t shirts don't really get very exciting. It's having a unique garment that really gets people excited, so I'm looking forward to selling that stuff in the future.

what's the shirt quality like?

100% cotton on all
I've been experimenting so I used a few different brands. Medium to good quality over all. Which shirt specifically?

fallen angel, it has no label in the picture which is why I'm asking

fallen angel is fruit of the loom 5.5 oz heavy cotton.

Are all your blanks fruit of the loom? tempted to get the grimes one but 18 usd intl shipping is too much :/

I'll buy that fallen angel tee if you put it on sale.

Grimes are fruit of the loom as well. what country are you in? its usually less for certain countries, but still around 13-15.

both of you feel free to use the discount code superfriends

great stuff idd rock it dm me @slainbabyyc

I love the look of women with high-closed t-shirts. Aesthetic as fuck.

On your webzone, something is messed up with your social media links.

Your logo is literally "kkk"

hey guess what?!?!
BENIS

thank you, just fixed it.

me too man

I'm in NZ so I guess so. Thanks for the discount code though

don't drink
you may die

who is this

Pretty boring OP, but not in a bad way. They feel like a highstreet brands attempt at replicating internet fashion. I would be tempted to buy the David or the Grimes milk tee.

who's the model?

mods...

first person to point that out.

the model is my friend

thank you? check above for discount code

>the model is my friend
link her gram

she's not a pro model and doesn't want her profile spread, but I'll let her know user appreciates her look.

it's cool, i found her profile anyway

Sizing measurements could be a plus on your site

they're all available in the photo section for each product.