basenotes.net/ID26137109.html
basenotes.net/ID26121006.html
basenotes.net/ID26139198.html
basenotes.net/ID26128770.html
amzn.com/B0118MVV2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is anything in my fragrances good?
I'm new to fragrance threads

If you like them then they're all good. Don't let the idiots here put you down for liking what you like.

When you do decide to expand past your current collection, we'll be happy to point you in a good direction to start.

Hey guys Jeremy here

totally irrelevant but what is the name of the model?

pleb/10

Just ordered pic related

How badly did I fuck up?

i love it desu
like a 10x better version of le male

What's the fragrance equivalent to Vaporwave?

Joop homme

fuck ya'll, I still get compliments whenever I wear that shit

Prada Infusion d'Homme

Cool water

>any answer that isn't this

Ordered 50ml of pic related direct from Bond as it is not sold in stores or by third party vendors. It's described as a smokeless, unisex Aventus. We'll see how closely it matches that description when it arrives.

need to try the new cdg blackpepper

Love it. Be careful not to overspray. The hint of it is nice, but the sweetness quickly gets cloying.

What do you guys think about ysl Kouros?

The entire Paco Rabanne lineup post 1M.

Fuck I want it just because it's goddamn KOUROS.

Realistically, I probably won't wear it outside the house.

Looks generic as fuck tbqhf

How /crowdpleaser/ is this?

I know it's not gonna be generic designer aquatic tier, and I don't mind. I'm specifically considering it because it is different. I'd rather have something that will intrigue some people and turn others off, than something that everyone will think is nice but unremarkable. But the like ratio needs to be closer to 70% than 30%

opening is piss, please don't leave your house for at least an hour after application

It's salty and not much of anything else. No one will hate it, but personally I don't think it's particularly likeable either.

I think Millesime Imperial does the same thing, but is better at it.

What's up with the youtube fragrance drama this last week?

An entire mob fighting over talking about scented water. Scented water!

Goddamn I couldn't care less about dudes getting paid or about full disclosure or whatever it's about.

Smell the shit and describe it to me, that's all you have to do.

Recommend me some based Montale fragrances. Was thinking of blindly buying Chypré Fruité and pic related.

Why would you want to smell like an Arab?

fahrenheit and yves? i like those. the others idk/haven't tried them

can I have a full list of scents Arab fuccs love to avoid?

Anything amouage.

We talking dubai kid fuccbois or yuro immigrants?

if the former, and probably any overpowering niche scent

One Million if the latter

Tried Chanel Bleu, Versace pour Homme, La Nuit, and Bulgari Black today. Went home with Chanel Bleu. The La Nuit faded very quickly but was nice for the few minutes it lasted.

What's a good complement to Chanel Bleu for different occasions?

Terre d'Hermes is a great formal/mature complement to Bleu. Same citrus over woods combination, but dry and bitter instead.

Aventus is also good and better all around.

Bleu does everything well. It doesn't really leave any room for an obvious complement

All solid designer picks. Although I can't stand that rubber note in Bvlgari black. Tried it on skin and had to wash it off, made me nauseous. First time a fresh has done that to me.

I have worked in fragrance (Europe). the top fragrances that people from mainly MENA take 10-15 sprays of (or just steal) are

1 Million - Paco Rabanne
Spicebomb - Viktor & Rolf
Invictus - Paco Rabanne
Le Male - Jean Paul Gaultier
The Scent - Hugo Boss
Boss Bottled - Hugo Boss
Only The Brave - Diesel
Code - Giorgio Armani
Kouros - YSL

some of them are just popular in general.
I have gotten turned off from almost all designer scents since working in fragrance because I get too reminded of the work environment... and the different kinds of customers we had who liked all the hideous scents. I find it hard to enjoy fragrances nowadays... except for a few designer scents and select niche brands.

any good winter scents for females? my gf is looking for something and we're gonna go out and smell soon.

I won't smell like an Arab; I shower and don't eat kebab.
Montale make more than just Aoud perfumes, but I guess they're off /frag/'s radar.

Start with Serge Lutens.

Hate it when I bump into someone who uses a fragrance that I have. Especially if they don't wear it well. Disgusting.

Ordered some samples, I wanted to surprise myself and try some different things.
>Colonia Assoluta, Acqua di Parma
>Gramercy Park, Bond No 9
>Burberry London for Men
>Tsar, Van Cleef & Arpels
>Terre D'Hermes
>Voleur de Roses, L Artisan Parfumeur
>Yuzu Fou, Parfum d'Empire
>Chergui; Fluer d'Orange; Gris Clair, Serge Lutens

I'm pretty new here, and I don't know if you guys base what deafened you wear based on what kind of clothes you where, but. How do I choose the right fragrance to go with my aesthetic? Do I have to try out each kind of fragrance to get the right one?

>tfw you find a great fragrance but it only lasts a couple of hours

>1 Million - Paco Rabanne

really don't get the hype over this, literally everyone in the local clubs here wears it

It's a bit of a long process to be honest. You can find something you like and which is pleasant to wear relatively easily, but finding something which really suits and compliments you and your style can take a bit longer.

A good place to start is just your personality - are you very introverted and quiet? Then perhaps a fragrance which behaves similarly and isn't huge/doesn't project hugely is a start, and vice versa.

Some non pleb fragancies that i can buy pretty much everywhere? i am in my 20s

i just wear what i like 2bh. i think that in itself reflects anyone's personality, and w/r/t aesthetics, there is much more leeway in fragrance since it's olfactory and not visual

>Colonia Assoluta, Acqua di Parma
Heady dose of jasmine and citrus; very sweet. Uplifting and bright as a Cologne should be. Creamy smooth base after it settles down. Old world feel. Almost formal.
>Gramercy Park, Bond No 9
Melony green soft floral. Gentle and particularly suited for / evocative of Spring. Unique.
>Voleur de Roses, L Artisan Parfumeur
Transparent three-note fragrance. Juicy plum, dusky rose, and a soil-like patchouli. Possibly the most perfectly named fragrance (Rose Thief). Cold season / evenings only.

How do I into AdP Colonia but where do I start? There's like five different variations without even gettig into those that are note-specific

What I want is a super fresh cologne-style fragrance for the high summer heat

>I Hate Perfume

You work for CB or something? Oh wait you said Europe, CB is in NY.

Anyway, would probably never wear/like any of those, I'm gonna write my "to try" list of decants/samples below, if any anons have good suggestions add something:

>Slumberhouse generally (I have Norne and love it, really want to try their other offerings)
>CdG generally (basically the most interesting ones to me: Black, Hinoki, 2 Man, Kyot, although I'm not impressed by the scent of the Blue Santal I have)
>Serge Luten Fille en Aiguilles
>Lalique Encre Noire (just want to buy a full bottle, mentioned in almost every frag thread)

On the maybe list are Zoologist/Imaginary Authors (need to look into their offerings more). Wish I could get samples/decants easier in Canada... :(

>Slumberhouse
their latest sounds interesting

>ash
>goat fur

>super fresh
Isn't exactly what AdP are good at, though. Most of their eaux de Cologne have some lavender or spice or resins in them, yielding some degree of "barbershop" vibe.

I love Colognes and have a decent collection of fragrances in the genre. The "freshest" I own is Dior Homme Cologne, which is a simple dry musky citrus. Also in the "fresh" category is The Different Company Tokyo Bloom, which is absolutely lovely, light yellow dandelion with accompanying green notes. Less refined and more affordable but very close to Tokyo Bloom in style is Thierry Mugler Cologne. All three should meet your expectations for high summer heat without becoming cloying.

HAIL TO THE KING BABY!

Very divisive, so try before you buy, but make sure you try it on a hot day before you make up your mind. It was originally marketed as a summer frag, and absolutely shines in the heat.

The goat fur definitely stunned me, something I've never seen before. But the combination notes of mint/ash/leather interest me, really want to try it.

>ash
>goat fur

Who else gonna use this for /ashlandercore/?

if goat fur is the smell of wet cashmere, then I'm in

If I like B&G The One, what else should I try? So far I've got Odin 11 Semma on a sample order at Perfumed Court but I want to add a few more.

Specifically, it's notes like clove, ginger, anise, cinnamon, cardamom, basil, mint that I'm looking to explore. Is there a pho fragrance?

There are several that I've found through basenotes searches but I'd have to blind buy or pay $10 or more to sample most of them.

basenotes.net/ID26140175.html
basenotes.net/ID26137109.html
basenotes.net/ID26121006.html
basenotes.net/ID26139198.html
basenotes.net/ID26128770.html

>B&G The One
I once sampled B&G pour Vous but I didn't really like it

Whups, of course I meant Mulchy and Banana.

spectacular

What batch is that La Nuit de l`Homme?

Bought La Nuit de l`Homme with batch 38MN02. What am I in for?

Thanks. It's good to get an idea of what I'm in for. I'm probably most excited for Gramercy Park

I need something that smells like a sweaty 20-something, but in a good way. I'm really into knock-me-out, wtf-is-that-scent, unique shit

>not boarding the /ultmeme/ bandwagon

Secretions Magnifiques

>Secretions Magnifiques
Don't be memeing me, this looks dope af

Just ordered a sample. But I'm pretty sure I'll love it

La Nuit de l`Homme is highly praised, though.

what do you guys think of lush fragrances? I samples BOG at their boutique today and fell in love, so fucking unique. Dry-down is the best vetiver ever.

That's exactly what Kouros is famous for but idk if recent reforms have made it something else.

you won't. it's pain in olfactory form and it's not meant to be "enjoyed".

Serious post:
Which is the best flanker from the L'Homme line by YSL, Veeky Forums?

That's what I want, dummy. PAIN IS PLEASURE UNNGGGHHH

Any thoughts on the new Pengaligon Endymion concentrated?

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Although in all seriousness, I really wanna try La Nuit Parfum. I quite like frozen la nuit but not enough to commit to a bottle. What are you experiences with the flankers fraganon?

Thoughts on pic related ?

>I really wanna try La Nuit Parfum
Isn't actually worth than the actual La Nuit de Homme EDT as I have read from most reviews.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about the 2009 and 2016 reformulation of La Nuit de Homme EDT saying there is a huge difference between the two. Will Veeky Forums please enlighten me in detail to what exactly? Thanks

Yep. Yet another reason to be contrarian and spend lots of money on being a special snowflake... or even making your own scents. Wearing the same scent identifies you with, or connects you to, another person. There are so many people wearing many common scents that I would never want to fraternize with from a fragrance point of view... I think it's quite common for people to think that though. That's partly why some spend so much money on fragrances that most other people can't afford or get their hands on. It's a matter of personal identity, same as with a lot of personal style choices...

It is the #1 scent of the "fragrance parasites" in stores.
1 Million testers are emptied the fastest, stolen the most, and the "customers" are the rudest and loudest.
Wearing 1 Million is in practice aposematism... Stay away from this person as far as possible...
The bottle is a damn plastic gold bar. It really tells you something about the fragrance and who wears it.

Yeah... No. I just don't like most fragrances nowadays for approximately the same reasons as CB...

Check out
>Agonist - The Infidels
>Armani/Privé - Bois d'Encens, Myrrhe Impériale
>Guerlain - Vetiver
>Balmain - Carbone

Some that I really enjoy are...
>Van Cleef & Arpels - Orchid Vanille
>Hermés - Ambre Narguile
>Fueguia - Xocoatl
>Byredo - Mojave Ghost
>Diptyque - L'Ombre Dans L'Eau

Pretty much boils down to longevity my guy. My 2016 bottle lasts like 2 hours max and projects well for an hour. Apparently the early bottles would project and last really well. The actual liquid is apparently lighter in colour in the newer batches as well. It's sad when companies do this.

Was GOAT in the 90's.
Current formulation has zero staying power and the musk has gone missing.
A small tragedy of perfumery.

Ordered a sample of this yesterday. What am I in for?

Yeah dude it honestly smells absolutely fucking disgusting. Has a metallic blood smell and that kind of acrid semen smell. Certainly not wearable.

Frag horror stories?

I wore Interlude to a date today and my date had such a bad reaction (headache/dizziness) she cancelled on the spot.

Pretty much agree w everything you said. Lots of fuccbois here make fun of vintage or niche, but on the contrary, why would you want to smell common? Dousing yourself in Invictus is the olfactory equivalent of wearing a sideways cap while riding a hoverboard. Wearing a shitload of Aventus doesn't make you irresistible, it makes you a hopeless cologne guy. People who assume the popularity of a fragrance = likeliness to get laid and get into fragrance for that reason are either underage and naive or the lights-are-on-but-no-one's-home type; the clout of these people online compared to the small cult willing to seek out a unique signature really hits home why perfume has a generally negative association in the US.

>wearing interlude to a date
might as well have wore a ghutra and introduced yourself with allahu akbar

>wears Amouage on a (first / casual) date
Not to go full Jeremydrone on you but holy shit what were you thinking you fragrance autist

How the fuck do I use travel perfume atomizers?

I'm trying to transfer my CDG 2 into one but I'm not sure how. Do I just spray it in?

>what are mini funnels

amzn.com/B0118MVV2E

I wore 6 sprays of Zoologist Bat under my cape while proposing marriage to a casher I've been stalking

Sillage is very good but the restraining order requires me to stay 25 feet away from her at all times and I don't think she was able to discern my elite and unique taste in niche frags

heard this was good for strippers and regular chicks

>I wore Interlude to a date

Thanks, guess I'll order some of those.

I got an atomizer from Muji but it only came with a plastic pipette which seems useless as I can't seem to open the top of the CDG 2 bottle.

It's not so much the frag you chose, although Interlude Man is far down the list of frags I would have chosen for a date, especially a daytime one, but the fact that you wore so much. If you had done one spray on your chest she might have only smelled it when licking your nipple. How many sprays and where, out of curiosity? And how long before the date?

Depends on the atomizer. If it's a Travalo or clone, you pull off the atomizer head of your bottle and stick the Travalo on the exposed tube. If not, you can fill it by spraying in to it. Try to press slowly and the juice will come out as a stream, rather than a mist. A funnel is helpful, but not necessary. A pipette is only for spashes or bottles from which you can unscrew the atomizer. Do not attempt to remove a crimped on atomizer, as you will destroy it.