Tapestries

My room has hideous, chunky white walls so i want to cover it up. Where can i get tasteful tapestries that dont look like average hippy trippy stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

gagosian.com/shop/posters
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bumping for this out of serious interest-w2c effay wall things

Bumping with inspo

These are all sold out or too small

That's some cringe ass shit my man

im a non american student studying in an american college so it'll be kinda funny. not that i can get it anyway cuz its sold out baka

What college?

wow really makes you think to

desu """art""" likes this only belongs on a bonfire

chunky white walls are Veeky Forums components of a home. just get some rococo or barroque paintings with golden frames and crooked art and hang it there. it will look beautiful. you can also hang plants and dyi shit to fill it in. look into belgian style or scandinavian white wash etc.
you're welcome OP

This

>rococo
highly detailed paintings framed in gold feel kind of tacky and "hood with money" to me. Go for more subtle prints and get them framed. Do some research on art history and find paintings that hold some kind of meaning for you and buy prints of those.

kek

>scandinavian white wash
this is really nice. might be a big project but im definitely gonna consider it. thank you

washu

yeah rococo is not my favorite desu. if i hang out with art girls they're probably gonna shit on it too bcuz basic/ historic context

I went with pic related for the time being, but this belgian shit is amazing looking so i might do that eventually

Bump for inspo and websites to cop sicc wall stuff

w2c?

usually some good stuff on here

gagosian.com/shop/posters

just look for art galleries online shops, pretty Veeky Forums

whats the best place to get posters printed online?

nice know anyothers like this?

Looks bigger irl.

is this custom printed? where did u get this

ball&chain co there's a sale starting today and i got it yesterday fuck me

Its from a band. sold out

its a band tapestry, 'banner' 'flag'

common names , thats from the world is a beautiful place and i am no longer afraid to die, that's the band

usually people put em up on etsy/ mercari/ ebay etc

bump

these would look way better as actual paintings and not on fabric lol

Tapestries are shit. Pls be actually effay, paint some paintings yourself and hang that shit on the walls so it is at least a 2/10 rather than a 1/10. Jkjkjkjk it will depend on your art skill.

what kind of self obsessed person puts up their own paintings? lol
i would subtley laugh at it if i saw that in someone's house to be honest. coming from an illustration major

framing and stuff takes work man also it doesnt quite go with my room. my desk/ bookshelf/ mattress are all rigid rectangles and a tapestry would add some organic shapes to the room

i see i knew it was an album cover, but i didn't know it was a merch

Only almost every famous artist ever. Have you even art historied? Van Gogh and the sunflowers? Fucking Picasso? Jackson Pollock?

Meh, I shouldn't waste my time, you seem like a pretentious piece of shit.

bumping with more inspo...i had this poster in my dorm room last year, it's one of my favorite movies. i printed it off my school plotters but im sure it's available for purchase on the internet

pls post more cool wall stuff bois

do you think you're picasso lol...
i got bosch's last judgement for my bedside, I think I know a thing or two about basic western art

try to be a little more humble about what you know man everything's a google away these days anyway...

i also had these sketches when i was a freshman in college- i would NOT put these up now tho way too personal and cringy. i can see how geniuses could have enough ego to put up their own works up but damn it's easy to say hard to do

>My room has hideous, chunky white walls so i want to cover it up.
Paint. Google it.

they have globs and cracks on it you retarded man. also they have been repainted several times and the layers are too visible

damn dude these are neat

>they have globs and cracks on it you retarded man. also they have been repainted several times and the layers are too visible
"so let's go full retard instead!"

?????????? why do you hate tapestries so much? its literally just graphic on fabric??

Unfortunately i rent, which makes hanging tapestries and even using blu-tac almost impossible.

however ive had alot of time to think about what i would do

>hang mandalas above and surrounding bed
>makes really comfy sleeping and fucking space

>photo wall
>cool photos
>photos of friends and family
>other shit
This one is really great because when people come around they can spend a long time looking at your photo wall. Its something to be proud of.

>artworks by friends
>art works you have done

I think buying art is over-rated, expecially when you are young and may have friends who are artists or perhaps you like painting yourself.
Ask a friend to paint or draw you something for your birthday instead of getting you a present, or simply commision a work from them.
It is alot more personal than buying art from an artist you dont know, and your room should be a personal space.

>wall mounted plants, fake or real

anyway hope you like these ideas, i wish i could use them in my own room

I don't hate tapestries. Done well, I love 'em.

But you don't love tapestries. You just want to cover up ugly white walls. Might as well just cover up everything with movie posters. or newspaper. Or bottlecaps. Or paint, after some stripping ans spackling.

opinions on my wall?
just random film photos.

In my area, thrift shops tend to have a fairly large selection of wall art. It's mostly Live Laugh Love and framed wine-mom jokes, but there's some neat shit you can find. I picked up this topographical map of a section of Japanese coastline for 5 bucks and it fits pretty nice.

Thrift stores in other places I've been don't have that much wall stuff, though, so your mileage may vary based on location

im digging the poster on the right
its funny that u did that but it like also fits the collage vibe??
what's the image of?

you don't have that many friends dont you

good idea, i might look at goodwill or st soon

ignore the hippi dreamcatchers and whatnot. does anyone know what those pillows are called / where to buy them??