Skirts as unisex

Will skirts ever become unisex? Have any men in here ever worn one (privately or publicly). How did it feel? Can men pull this off? What would it take?

Other urls found in this thread:

hiatus-shop.com/fr/jupes-pour-hommes/200-jupe-longue-pour-homme-kendo.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The 1992 Geo Tracker, the official car of Veeky Forums wears a skirt sometimes. It doesn't look great on her

Gay

I'm genuinely surprised they aren't already

they will definitely become unisex within 100 years

this

Robes would have to become commonplace first

I copped the zara skirt

the ones like this that just look like kilts are the only ones that look good imo

to pull them off at this point you have to look like whatever the opposite of a numale is in every way except your skirt

Skirts seem to look best on men when they aren't shiny at all, they must be matte. Longer seems to look best, with a stretched trapezoidal shape, but not too tight, when it is skin tight on the legs it just doesn't look right. Having a flap like pic related or just opening up in the front and wearing pants underneath seem to look the best, or honestly even a mage robe-esque design

pic related is another example, certainly very flamboyant but I think it could be toned down to work better for more casual wear

Here's the mage robe, I contradict my previous statement about skirts being shiny, perhaps the colour or texture is what makes look good

It would probably take about a hundred years of a good amount of men consistently wearing them to not be completely laughed at in public

>pants under a skirt

why. that's even sillier than wearing a cape.

Genuinely fire

pants jacket

lmao is that the fucking fashion guy from youtube? who does the JC Penny makeovers for redditors?

unisex clothing is on its way but it'll take a while

Is there a name to that black button-up shirt?

this dude is fucking killing it

and yes, skirts finna trend sooner than later, dresses even. 2017 or 2018 probably, artsy kids are already doin it

white skirts are standard formalwear for samoan men

Black for tongan. Susu poki samoa

All those men don't want to show their legs. What's the point of a skirt if you don't aerate the groin area?

W2C SKIRT?

This would be an awful skirt/combination on a women too.

Another clumsy combination that looks like he's a closeted trannie wearing with mummy's dress while she's at work.

Makes him look like a midget, bad proportions.

I mostly see it go two ways. Try to look like a nigger wearing street clothing except your baggy shorts are a skirt (very minor difference actually). Or look aristocratic/ethnic with historically inspired long, layered skirts. Modern female fashion is little girl's fashion. Don't imitate that if you want to look like a man.

I have a Givenchy ss15 skirt that I wear occasionally.

what about skirted shorts? less gay than a full blown skirt but has nearly the same look

Obviously you Faggots haven't figured out that a chiton is the way to go

>blazer
>Shirt
>skirt
>shirt not tucked into skirt.

Dude come on

Only ones ITT that don't look feminine, and one is a kilt

Attack on titan pulled off army uniforms with unisex skirts

now dress like them

It's French
hiatus-shop.com/fr/jupes-pour-hommes/200-jupe-longue-pour-homme-kendo.html

tucking? fucking get out here russian grandma. LMFAO.

>tfw straight, but still think dresses and skirts are cool
>tfw girls barely wear them anymore
>tfw my gf is a tomboy and doesn't wear them
>tfw it'll never be acceptable for men to wear them

Life is suffering.

yes lets castrate men even more
because modern society hasn't done that enough already

Poe's law is strong with this one, or bait since this is Veeky Forums after all

No, hes right. Look around you, everyone is demonizing manliness and gloryfing homosexuality

did you know Sam Hyde used to be a cocaine addict and has harassed several women ceaselessly for not fucking him?

No, you got it all wrong friend. this is the future do you wanna be on the wrong side of history buster?
Just look at this fine young individual with his hands on his hips, ill bet he has a real nice vagina

>tumblr bookmark

>tumblr
>wanting to wear a skirt

better cut your nuts off now kiddo you wont need em where youre going

how new r u

At least get your dichotomies right, there's some manly ass gays out there.

I know what you mean though, but it's just not my social reality, not in Mexico. And the picture he posted is straight strawman.

If you ask me skirts are not real garments but that's just an affectation of mine. That aside they emphazise the hips so they look quite shit on a man speacially from behind, they are just not flattering.

The one time I've seen it look cool was in an outlander costume expo, with trousers under it and a frock coat over, there was some cool layering going on.

he's from Veeky Forums and he's ugly as sin, it's obvious he's a hounding creep. none of this surprises me

Pretty gay

I layer with a simple black skirt a lot in the fall, gotten a lot of compliments

Can you post the yellow version of this?

ofc

Skirts are already here for those who are on the forefront of fashion. Clothes "for men" or "for woman" will soon be a thing of the past. I pity those imprisoned by rules of the past that limit freedom.

fits like these and pic related

i put on my robe and wizard hat

no but actually that's amazing

Skirts in public is a tough thing to do. But it's fantastic and it must be done at least once by anyone who wants to be fashion adventurous.
You have to choose the venue very carefully - more open minded and liberal in the true sense of the word. But, if you do wear one be prepared to still get some odd looks. In places that overly macho men gather and drag their knuckles is probably not the place to expect a warm reception. They will seek to feel better about their own homoerotic feels by trying to beat you to a pulp.
Also, most women really like to see men in skirts who have fit legs. You will get a lot of nice compliments from a pretty diverse crowd of women just for being a brave dude in a skirt.
The best choices for men are simple a-line or pencil skirts that are not too overtly feminine. Solid colors and simple patterns are best. Kilt-like is also a good look at this time. Most men look best with shorter knee-length skirts and I like 5-pocket denim skirts in darker washes.
The dress-over skinny jeans look is is good for some, looks a lot like the long shirt over skinny jeans look so it's hard to tell what it actually is... which might be a good thing.
We need many many more men to try a skirt and see how great it is to be free of some of fashions oldest and most useless rules. Be a fashion pioneer and wear a dammed skirt already!

You don't need a skirt, just go full Arnold

You are the gayest thing since gay went to gaytown.
Fag.

trips for the goat
why are you even here pussy

I'm just here to call you a faggot. All of you are faggots.

GET OUT GYNO

No skirts, this whole skirt fad will probably just boil down to some weebo samurai and irish plaid things. I'm sure pants will go 180 from skinny to straight up parachute MC hammer pants though.

I could probably wear a skirt and still fuck your bitch, boi.

>Mexico
Boy, don't even dream of wearing one if you want to stay alive. Skirt may be effay, but not getting killed in streets for wearing one is rational.

Some places should be more like Mexico

>You want to be gay? Be gay but in your house, privately, not in public
>You want feminism? Get prepared to get your ass beated up by your father, your boyfriend, your boss, your teachers, every man is going to fuck you up for wanting such stupid shit
>You want to dress like most faggots in """Veeky Forums"""? Lmao, dont even get out or you will be harassed to the point of not ever going out dressed like a fag

Swish!

why can you plebs only think about fashion in the span of a few hundred years?
skirts have and will again be worn by men some time in the future, fashion constantly changes stop focusing on retarded trends and social norms.

OK that doesn't look half bad

Remove the hat and it's perfect

Leaving those first two things aside the level of plebness is a two edged sword. On one hand I can't go too avant garde or people won't get it, and on the other it is very easy to look effay just by matching colors well.

i'm wearing a fur skirt as we speak :^)