Why do people wank over the byzantine empire so much ?

Why do people wank over the byzantine empire so much ?
They were dishonourable cunts basically I mean 1204 and so forth were the consequences of them not paying debts which they did to many other groups like the catalan company for example.
The only thing I think is good is that their last emperor died fighting the ottomans but I have only seen one source for it so it could be bullshit.

Because it's easy and comforting to focus on the bits you like and ignore the inconvenient parts of any topic.

Like, I understand if you wanna use that argument to troll Byzaboos, but ironically expecting an empire to pay gigantic sums of money and give their entire fleet away for several months because some pretender promised to do so?
Really?

>Greeks not paying debts

Some things just never change.

>catalan company
And those guys, you know they had turned into wide spreed looting of Byzantine citizens before the empire tried to go and finish them off?

Well shit, hope you don't get what's coming to you if you are a double nigger who can't honor your agreements.

They were niggers, but so was everybody else, really.

Some autists wank over them because they the Roman empire 2.0 and also some autists hate the Turks a little too much and by extension feel they need to glorify the Byzantines.

I'm not trying to troll byzboos this is genuine I can understand that those demands are fucked up but still they had to honor them I mean a promise is a promise and their end is the perfect example of what happens when you keep fucking over people.

So its basically 'muh rome' and fuck them turks ,even if they are against many values most societies where Veeky Forums posters are from love and promote

Top kek

>So its basically 'muh rome' and fuck them turks
Yep, summed it up real good there

A loose pretender go and promise a bunch of crusaders plenty of richness if they give him his throne, he having no hold whatsoever in the BYzantine empire.

How can the Byzantines be expected to uphold that promise, as they didn't even make it themselves?
The guys who promised them even ended up getting killed by a mob for being a gigantic cunt.

Ok but aside from that why did the latin massacre happen accoridng to you thats just provocation on the byzies part.

Various reasons, being both because of good old normal hate for foreigners as well as the Latins in question fucking shit up for the inhabitants (Like attacking each other's quarters)
And I don't really see how it is related to the Byzzies not paying their dept or not.

Its not exactly related to that but its related to 1204 just like them not paying the debt.

You got a third cousin who promises some hellsangels they will get 500.000 dollars and a brand new car if they help him out with something that isn't life threatening like getting a nice home in the center of the city. As it turns out he can't pay and will have to rely on you, would you say you did something if you refused to pay that dept? Would you even call it a dept?

And again, the massacre isn't related to the dept thing, you may argue if it was enough to justify the sack though.

Well I wouldn't say its my debt but if the debtors don't see a difference than I might as well try to cough up or get shot by hells angels members.

Mostly because Western schools simply don't look at them much, I'd imagine. If you strictly went off what you learned in American High School for instance, you wouldn't know what a Byzantine was, and would probably think someone was stupid if he said the Roman Empire fell in 1453.

They did try to do that, they even confiscated things from Churches and enemies of the emperor.
They still failed, came up with half of the required sum.

>moar bitches needed, m'lord

>Bulgarian calling others niggers
you literally originate from steppe niggers

Just because a failed pretender made some unthinkable promises doesn't mean that the rest of the Byzantines who were against him in the first place should comply, Schlomonito.

And the Crowns of England, France, Spain, etc. always paid their debts and never defaulted even once.

Byzantine today literally means deviousness or underhand behaviour.

We don't all wank over them.

Yeeeeah

Just some very dedicated Greek posters

Don't they have jobs?

No it doesn't. It means overly complicated not necessarily underhanded.