Living space advice/showoff thread?

There isn't even an inspo thread going.
What's going on with you?

My WIP over the last couple of months.

>Plan on getting a bed frame/headboard, white fitted sheet set.
>Second throw blanket, a couple accent pillows to match. Thinking ash or sage color
>Nightstand or two. Kinda need the bed frame first.
>Walls bare as shit. Have things in mind.
>I hate the mini shelf. Have no idea what to do with that space.
>Upset that my Veeky Forums pots lack drainage and some of my plants are dying.

Fuck, man, why are pots so expensive? All of my big boxes cleared out anything interesting, and what's left lacks drainage. Being a scrub of shrubs, I didn't know that no drainage is basically a death sentence.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailyhealthpost.com/nasa-plants-that-purify-the-air-in-your-house/
danishdesignstore.com/products/wegner-ch445-wing-chair-carl-hansen-son
epas.favoratlanta.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/design-modern-bed-frames-image.jpg
etsy.com/listing/246660072/terra-on-magitek-armor-poster-inspired
etsy.com/shop/Crowsmack/items
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fucked up and didn't post my collage.

How much work is those plants?

Haven't had them long, but the only thing can really do to fuck them up is to over water them. Ironically enough, that's the very thing that I did. Get a pot that drains. It's an absolute must.

Anyways, the general rule with the plants I have is let the soil dry almost completely before watering.

The bigger one of the case is a chinese evergreen, and beside it is a golden pothos. The desk is a white mable pothos. The one of the shelf is a butterly nephthytis

(white marble pothos)

The Chinese evergreen came with a tag that said water with one cup every two weeks, maybe more frequently if in harsher conditions.

You could do a quick search for resilient house plants, "man plants", and the like for decent suggestions. The alternative is just to show up on your local home improvement joint and hope someone could guide you.

Man, I really wish we had a garden shop anywhere near me. No clue why pots are so expensive. I'd like something like this with a drainage saucer.

Golden pothos.

If this uploads sideways...

nephthytis

cool! Do they make the room smell better or have any effects on the indoors air climate?

There's a subtle "crispness" to the air, yeah. I'd like more plants but I need to figure out my potting situation first. Check out this link for some more suggestions on air purifying plants.

dailyhealthpost.com/nasa-plants-that-purify-the-air-in-your-house/

All the plants cost me $4~6/ea and pots $5~6/ea. The Evergreen (and the Sanke in the bathroom) came with a planter for $11/ea. Got them all at Home Depot, iirc.

Pothos are great plants to start out with. Get a pot that drains and be mindful of overwatering. Note the symptom of drowning- the browning of leaves and the stems. You can see those symptoms in my two pictures.

Supposedly you can propagate potohos easily, if slowly, with cuttings. I'm attempting that with a small clipping that came off of goldie on top of the shelf.

660 bucks a month, bachelor's apartment in Kanata. Big sex.

stolen from Veeky Forums-user

My room desu. Ignore shitty quality both my cameras on my phone are smashed.

Flatting with 3 other guys

To be honest, this is pretty safe and doesnt really say much about you. Also, get pink sheets.

Gonna get a new slightly shorter desk soon and Also in the market for a print/lithography or two to make the wall less empty. Been feeling Chagall lately

$660 a month? What country are you living in??

god what is that chair

some richfags reading chair

danishdesignstore.com/products/wegner-ch445-wing-chair-carl-hansen-son

is my room Veeky Forums?

Plants shouldn't be in the bedroom because they have too much energy. The bedroom is supposed to be quiet and peaceful.

you're still here lmao? kinda pathetic desu

lol says you? a nobody? like your opinion really matters to me...

right, because you're a trip on an anonymous imageboard....I don't see how someone like you can throw around the term nobody, you fucking loser

>that projection
seriously though, you can stop trying to impress people at the expense of others because its not working and youre just coming across as an angry little child

if you do nothing but shit around your place and act like Veeky Forums is your friends it's not projection, it's an accurate way to describe your worthless life. honestly, I want to kick your rotten teeth down your goddamn throat you cunt

Where can I get posters for the low?

I just saw her trip and thought the exact same thing.

You should worry more about your oral hygiene than your room.

fuck off

moved out about 6 months ago and still haven't bought any new furniture, just stole what i could find from my parents

couch looks comfy but end table being used as coffee table makes me sad. If you're low on cash buuy a couple of Lacks from Ikea and use them as a sort of separateable coffee table

I know it's probably just the poor image quality, but please don't tell me that's a carpet on the carpet. I quite like the lamp and tryptic.

No.

Don't think I don't see that Amano art book. Are you excited for not one but TWO FF games to come out in the next couple of months?

Also, thanks for Potential to be mega comfy with the right lighting

rate mine Veeky Forumsgs

gingivitis/10

stop derailing the thread you attentionwhoring greaseball. drop trip, drop dead

I really wanted to say something nice about your room, but I really cant. Colours, messy ugly table, anime posters, teddies...

you replied though

youre not cool or funny fyi

Okay people, back on track. Starting with some inspo.

WENGER OUT

whats the top magazine? looks cool

you might find this interesting, you might not believe me, but it goes incredibly well with picrel

10/10

>le classy gentlesir manhole

Fucking disgusting

I've got this great idea for an apartment

You basically build (if it's possible) a penthouse kind of thing on top of one of those industrial brown nigger blocks or on the top of a commieblock. It'll be really long, but not that wide, and on one of the sides you only have windows. The walls and floor should be simple concrete, while the rooms will be delimited by just 2 walls covered or made from rosewood, so they won't really be "rooms", kinda like a toilet stall without a door, including the shower (there should be a little bump and tiles around), the shitter will be separate and closed because I mean, it's obvious

Also there will be a proper room, and I think of it with pillow-carpet kind of thing, both on the walls and on the floor, kinda like a room-sized bed, with a telly around it and that kind of shit

When you enter there'll be a huge living room with a small kitchen where you can fit many people for when you want to make a party for instance

Any tips on bringing a bit of colour to a boring student housing room?
I thought about flags, but it's hard not to be edgy or political

Envious and illiterate?

fantastic library right there
top stuff

Can you even read the names of the books in the image? Or is this a funpost?

Quick robin! To the Bat-Chair!

I just recently moved into my very first own apartment. The place is a mess at the moment, so I'd rather show you guys this photo of the empty apartment.

And here's the best part of the whole place: behold the view from the other side of the room

looks pretty baller if you ask me, this has a lot of potential
is it a 1 roomer? how high is the ceiling?

Tapestries?

Note how there's a wooden carving of "library" on the wall.

oh

Yeah it's a single room apartment. There's a narrow hallway after the front door with some closet space and a really cramped bathroom. Ceiling height is 3 meters if I remember correctly. It's also located on the 5th and highest floor of the apartment building.

I'm moving into a really tiny little room in LA in 2 weeks, it's got a lofted bed w/ a closet rod under it and no real discernible "aesthetic" (no hardwood or concrete or anything, just a window). any advice? clutter it and make it my own or dont and make it look more spacious? gotta fit a desk and tv in there

That's a damn small kitchen. I do like the general layout, but it looks like you won't have much room to work with. Maybe try a similar layout to this. Do you have enough space to fit your headboard/bed in the bay window, or failing that, a nice chair for reading?

Yeah the kitchen is pretty lackluster. The fridge is integrated inside the outermost cabin, and it doesn't even include a freezer.

I managed to pick up a decent sofa and two armchairs from a thrift shop and decided to put them by the bay window.

I'm still unpacking my stuff, but here's what it looks like right now.

That's a lot larger than I initially judged from those first photos. All I can say is I hope you have some nice artwork to go on the walls, and get some nicer curtains, something with a bit of colour.

I'm moving into this partly furnished apartment next month ( got this picture from the landlord). Any ideas on how to make it look less like shit/decent ? I have no idea what colour scheme i should go for that would match the red...i have to keep the shitty bed and wardrobe

i actually like the bed - you could go with neutral colours like white and brown. the red would look pretty cool.

Anyone got the images of the Scottish user's apartment that get posted every once in a while? He had a bay window and mostly white interiors.

I love seeing those pictures.

how to poor

Brush your fucking teeth you hillbilly shit

post shoes

Here's an photo of mine from a few months back.

Nothing has changed except I brought in a small cactus and put my radio back. Still need to buy nicer night stands, and maybe a rug or something at the foot of the bed.

Suggestions welcome.

damn that is a 10/10 doggo a real quality pupper

Thanks user. He's pretty great.

No thoughts on the room?

different user here.

i think the room looks nice as is.

you might be able to free up more usable floor space if you turn the bed 90 degrees and put it up against the back wall (if it will fit like that). you would have a larger contiguous floor area which would be great for activities. the room wouldn't look as pleasing, though, in my opinion. so i guess it just depends on what your priorities are.

I like your room, it looks very nice and bright. Having more blankets or more luxurious sheets might make it feel nicer.

I actually have about 6 feet or so of floor space after the foot of the bed, where I took the picture, so it's not as bad as it looks. There's a dresser, mirror, and a closet along that wall. We debated running the bed in either direction, not even sure why we decided on this. It's a house though, so I'm not too worried about space, I have living room, dining room and finished basement for that.

My really nice duvet cover got ripped up by the dog, but I bought an off white linen one and very similar to pic related, but with more white space. It is loud, but the room is bare enough I don't find it top offensive. Haven't seen much else that I like, honestly. Muji had some alright gingham ones, but they're never in stock.

Thanks guys!

Ayooooo

Looking great, but if I may suggest something...
You got some crisp clean white shapes going on, but the bed sides/boxes ruin that.
You could get awood frame to do around it (from the floor up to 2 inches past where the actual mattres starts). Sort of like an l_l shape so you just slide it in place. In pure white like the shelves.
Your bed will then look super expensive for pretty cheap.

Sorta like this but in thick white MDF
epas.favoratlanta.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/design-modern-bed-frames-image.jpg

Man, that's a pretty good idea. I've been pushing for a low headboard, but a whole frame like that would probably look sick. I've never seen a headboard that looks perfect, let alone a whole frame, and I don't consider myself handy enough to do exactly what I'd like on my own.

Maybe something like this, but obviously built to house a box spring, and with less contoured detail. Something simpler, and more rectangular.

A lot about this is cringe worthy except for the price.

>To be honest, this is pretty safe and doesnt really say much about you. Also, get pink sheets.

Yeah, it's a work in progress, but in a way, it still represents me pretty well. I'm going for a slight scandinivian motif, and I really like [attached picture]. so I'm trying to mishmash those.

Saving for/not having a bed frame is really killing further progress with the room. A lot hinges on the color/size that I go with.

>Plants shouldn't be in the bedroom because they have too much energy. The bedroom is supposed to be quiet and peaceful.

Not sure if I subscribe to that. There's something tranquil and soothing about them. Not to mention the actual, physical atmosphere is noticeably different. I really love having them in here.

Now, I can see you your point with popping colors, flowers and the like, but I think the greens work well enough.

>Don't think I don't see that Amano art book. Are you excited for not one but TWO FF games to come out in the next couple of months?

>Also, thanks for
No problem for that.

I'm excited, but unfortunately, I don't have a PS4. I opted for the XBO specifically to play with my best friend, but only because he cut me a deal on it. I might pick a Neo later on if I can pick it up cheap enough, but man, PC gaming has really hampered my desire to buy heavily into another console.

Speaking of FF, this is something I considered framing for a wall.

etsy.com/listing/246660072/terra-on-magitek-armor-poster-inspired

That's pretty nice.

As other have said, consider changing out the night stands. Would you be able to lower the shelves a bit more? I could see removing the second shelf from the bottom and using that as a stand alternative? Just an idea.

A bed frame or platform might with a headboard not be a bad idea. I'm personally trying to ditch the skirt on mine.

Besides that, maybe add a tad more color? I think the white/bronze/taupe thing, but you might had a tad too much white?

>this is something I considered framing for a wall.
That is bad ass, but I don't know if I'd ever put it on a wall. It looks like it could look either dope or really cheap in person.

I have this framed on the wall in my home office, so maybe take my opinion lightly.

could you guys pls give me any tips on how i could improve my room?

Thats gorgeous. Fav game in the series?

They're as high as they are to give clearance for the lamps. I'm actually impressed they fit, since the top is flush with the ceiling. I thought about bringing them down to double as night stands, but the shelves are too short and too shallow for any real practical application. We've toyed with the idea of doing an arch of shelves, but I haven't ever seen it executed well enough.

I hate my bed skirt, but it's better than nothing at the moment. Too fucking shiny, and too long.

I'm trying to find marble top night stands, maybe if they were brass/copper that could make a bit of a difference for adding colour. But I'm honestly lost on how to do that without overhauling the whole set up. I like the wall in a light grey, I guess it could go a little darker, but that might not do much. Maybe get nicer curtains. They look a little like burlap irl, and I don't mean that complimentary.

Probably 2. I actually liked Universe, as much of a slog as it was.

Fine. Get a white desk, and a new chair. Something less office supply. Frame your damn pictures. Clean your fucking room. And you don't need that many pillows, and even if you do, match the cases a bit.

Haha, I'm actually a big fan of PSO. Too bad there's not any real room swag out there.

Yeah, the Magitek piece could be a flop.That shop has pretty good reviews, though. I'll see if I can find pictures oh it from folk who own it.

Dark Souls is really the only other series I'd be willing to decorate my walls with, but I'm not a fan of advertising what I consume. If anything, I'd be looking for something a bit more alluding and "muted", like this for instance.

And as much as I hate words on wall art, this guy has same fun stuff.

etsy.com/shop/Crowsmack/items

Whoops, meant to post this regarding shelves over the bed. Best I could find through Google, but still not ideal.