A friend of mine is queer or something, and she likes wearing men's clothing. She want's to have the men's look...

A friend of mine is queer or something, and she likes wearing men's clothing. She want's to have the men's look, but men's clothing doesn't fit appropriately to women's bodies, cause women have curves and shit. Are there particular items of clothing or fits that she should get?

tldr: How does a woman get men's clothing that fits?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFtKnJYVMf5nsRIgTau0fjclpGqoLLPdu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get it tailored. Nobody said it was going to be cheap or easy to be queer.

Tailor

Option 1: see a tailor

Option 2: look for menswear inspired women's pieces

Option 3: work on a more androgynous body so you can fit in boys' clothing. If your body is too feminine of course men's clothing won't fit it.

We know you made this thread so please stop hiding behind the "friend" guise

>A friend of mine
are we in elementary school or what?

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFtKnJYVMf5nsRIgTau0fjclpGqoLLPdu

watch this first, it'll help. I have a few tran friends. Mostly it comes from just combing different shops relentlessly and figuring out how different things fit on your body. It'll be much harder for you, because things will fit differently, but basically you need to gain a very strong understanding of your silouhette and bodys shape, and how its affected by different cuts. There are few short cuts.

tell her mental illness isnt fa

>A friend of mine

So... you.

don't listen to the sad kid OP

But it is.

back to tumblr

Tell her to fuck off back to Tumblr and that she's not a special snowflake, just an SJW making an ass out of herself.

>some chick likes clothes that fit a very prevalent fashion trend
>what a fuckin SJW
stay classy, /fa.

lol

Go to a tailor.

>How does a woman get men's clothing that fits?
Short answer: she doesn't. Can't be done. You get a jacket tailored ot fit, bam, now it's cut like a ladies' jacket, because that's the natural consequence of her being a woman.

Your "buddy" is fucked, buddy.

...except gettin' shit tailor'd is pretty cheap you
>neverevergotshittailor'dever
faggot

He means tailor-made from scratch, you idiot, not altered.

>that head shape
>that lunk-ass spider body
>thickass fucking point collar
Women can't into trad, jfc

Looks pretty good. Would date and go tie shopping with

>A friend of mine is queer or something, and she likes wearing men's clothing.
w2c?

>he would go tie shopping with someone who wears a humongo-pattern tie with an inch-wide gap at the collar

There are a number of websites that make suits especially for queer people, just gotta google them. I can't find the links right now because I'm on my phone, but yeah Tumblr is pretty solid for that shit. Just search queer fashion or something in Tumblrs search bar.

Your "understanding" of the differences between men's and women's tailored clothing is utterly cringe inducing.

>Option 2: look for menswear inspired women's pieces
This is the only sane option if she has any kind of figure.
Tailoring a men's jacket to a woman's body is going to be expensive.
The easiest way would be to use preppy shit as a base, and then tailor or modify them to suit her tastes.

Im pretty sure this uniform is for a special meeting of sorts. Like hunting clubs which require you to wear a set of specific clothes.

I would like to see more + that camel coat she got

>girl wearing mens clothes

thats hot

>a friend
Sure

Sauce is Lauren Remington Platt. Beauty broker by ralph lauren

>t. assmangled lesboid

J Crew womens does full suiting.
What are her proportions?
If "she" is framed similarly to the pic you posted, she should have no problem getting trying anything from Ludlow line or 120s.

>She want's to have the men's look, but men's clothing doesn't fit appropriately to women's bodies
Duh, dumbfuck

Like everybody here said, you're fucked if you want to get a male silhouette, that comes from having a male body. There are tweeds and shit for women but they'll be cut with the hourglass form. Looks great if you ask me, but it's anything but "queering the gender sex" or whatever.

Fucking ugly ass dykes. Fuck off back to tumblr.

That's called Bespoke you numbnuts

You're a fag and your mother is a fag. Bespoke tailoring is only the very top grade of tailored garments, where everything's cut to patterns made specifically for you personally and hand-stitched without the use of machines. There's tons of tailoring between that and simple alterations, e.g. making to measure.

If it's tailored from scratch, it's bespoke.

Fuck off you filthy dyke
>expecting to have a man look when you arent one

No it's not, fagface. Learn some basic things about tailoring before you open your fat yap.

>A friend of mine is queer or something
KEK

>Are there particular items of clothing or fits that she should get?
Pic related, the best tie

>Im pretty sure this uniform is for a special meeting of sorts. Like hunting clubs which require you to wear a set of specific clothes.
How does that in any way defend the fact that she can't tie a tie?

Not to mention, what kind of fucking uniform is a tweed sportcoat, novelty tie and clutch purse?

>A friend of mine is tumblr or something
>She wants to have the tumblr look

wow you got absolutely BTFO

that must feel pretty bad

I noticed that nobody's commented on her pants, so I'd like to comment on her fucking pants. Are those brown jeggings or some shit? What am I even looking at here? Why would even a retarded femme wear skin tight pants under a tweed jacket?

This fit's ridiculous on every level, shit silhouette, shit proportions, the jacket even gives her torso a super weird shape and her arms look weirdly elongated somehow, almost spidery.

>Option 2: look for menswear inspired women's pieces

Can you name the menswear brands that aim to do this?

>shit silhouette, shit proportions, the jacket even gives her torso a super weird shape
This is just because of her girl shape. Shoulders narrower than hips isn't unnatural for a woman to have, but in menswear it's an unexpected shape and just gives a weirdly bulbous appearance. Women's jackets are cut with an acute waist – I won't say *for that reason*, but it prevents that as a part and parcel effect of flattering a woman's shape. A certain kind of person talks a lot of shit about womenswear being based in patriarchy and oppression, but really the reason the cuts are different is just to prevent you from spending hundreds of dollars only to look like a weird insectoid fuckup.

TL:DR there's a reason menswear and womenswear exist and women (and men) should stay in their own lane.

You honestly don't know much about tailoring if you think the only differences between a masculine and feminine suit are the shape, or that you can't mold the shape of the body with tailoring.

I mean, like, fuck, what do you think shoulderpads are?

>You honestly don't know much about tailoring if you think the only differences between a masculine and feminine suit are the shape
But... they are? A good tailor can make any given "menswear" for a woman, but will cut them to a woman's shape. It's not the norm, sure, but the fact it can be done shows that the crucial fact is shape.

You'd have more of a basis if you hadn't said "suit" since a lot of womenswear is super flamboyant and uses really dramatic exaggerations to emphasize a the feminine silhouette, in a way that can't really be recut for men while leaving the piece remotely the same.

my first thought. Veeky Forums is user as it gets folks.

That's really not a woman in men's clothing, she looks like someone whose into Horse riding.

buy yohji. his design philosophy for womenswear is literally making women dress like men.

anyways, like most people pointed out, pic related is a shit fit.

10/10 Would marry

... didn't you make this thread on /lgbt/ recently? I recognise the picture

The scorn this fit got is well deserved but gotta say thats a god tier color of tweed. That dark, slightly bluish tone's a much nicer green than the typical yellowish hues

She probably did it because she had some suspicion she might get this brutally BTFO. On some level she wanted to hide from her just deserts.

>Can you name the menswear brands that aim to do this?
Wouldn't they be womenswear brands?

>men's clothing doesn't fit appropriately to women's bodies, cause women have curves and shit
Lose weight, skinny women can pull off suits fine. Only fat girls complain about being too curvy.

seconding this

OP, your friend is a degenerate and you should not associate with her.

She is toxic and will only bring you down to her level.

>all these Veeky Forumsggots wanting to marry the raging tumblrina
Low even for this board t b h

>he actually bought the "friend" bit

They'd be women's brands. Zara would be a good one, some of their women's clothes look like they could be for guys as well.

I see lots of people on the internet call tailoring cheap, but where the fuck do you guys live? Where I live all prices for even simple tailoring are like at least three times what people quote online.

Probably just a confusion. Having things alreted to fit better is pretty cheap, but MTM and especially bespoke isn't, it's expensive as fuck, at minimum the level of brand pieces. It's much better value for money though, you get top quality for your dollar instead of a little embroidered picture of a man playing polo, or an H or whatever.

But yeah, if you just want stuff altered, use word of mouth to find out which dry cleaner near you has a good reliable tailor, then go there. That shouldn't be too pricey.

>They'd be women's brands. Zara would be a good one
>Zara
>a good one
what are you smoking
is it dope

>Low even for this board
I wish that were true

WTF is going on with this tie
[spoiler]w2c tie[/spoiler]

>tldr: How does a woman get men's clothing that fits?
Kek, how do you not see the contradiction in this