Too old for Veeky Forums

Just turned 23 and starting to feel alittle silly dressing up all the time. What age do you throw in the towel? are their any examples of /fa people past college age?

why are you "dressing up" all the time? being Veeky Forums shouldn't feel like you're dressing up.

no honestly the only reason people dress up is to get chick's. after leaving college and entering the work force you will notice you don't have time to get chick's. it's also harder to get chick's at work and you probably won't feel like going to the bar or club a lot. so you might only dress up nice on weekends. but after 24 or 25 you will have grown out of that party life. so it's safe to say you don't need to dress fashionable after college.

Yeah I'm turning 24 and the only reason I'm still into fashion is because I work at a high end retailer, so we're expected to look nice and trendy. On days off, definitely just wear a t shirt and jeans though. I've stopped caring entirely

what the fuck im 25 and still try to dress good every day, whats wrong with you guys

I really wonder what you people dress like. If you enjoy "dressing up" or if you enjoy a specific type of clothing or look, why would you stop just because you're not a freshman anymore and can actually afford clothing?

I am 23 and just getting into dressing better. Obviously some styles are not wearable past teens but to say it's over now is ridiculous.

30 year old checking in

Just got married in July, first met my wife when i was 27. We made contact for the first time when she approached me at a mutual friend's birthday party and the first thing she said to me was how "fashionable" and nice i looked. It took off from there. So yea, always dress to the best of your ability.

kill yoself grandpa

Only stop being Veeky Forums when you die.

tfw 23 years old and feel like such an old cunt

tfw was only 20 yesterday

casey neistat?

No. It's this guy who's like 100+

This man is my hero and I hope I will still be dressing nicely when im that age.

Why would you say that to your granddad

>tfw 26 and still on this god damn site
It's biz cas everyday for me

Omg now i feel depressed. I'm a failed normie, 23 years old, and yes i dress up for girls, and i still crave that 18 yrs old life sooo bad but i'm just too much of an insecure bag to actuallu even have a friend. And yet i still fantasize about living that life everyday, i'm not satisfied yet, i don't want to be 25 yet, i want to go back to my 18 and re do everything correctly :(( i, i just can't imagine if i had to stop at 25. I feel like i still have desire worth 10 years more..

Plus everyone here be like "i dress up for job" "i dress up for etc etc important and goal-y stuffs". Wtf, i dress up for fun and to make people think of me the way i want them to think. I feel pathetic now.

You sound pathetic

Yeah i know. Plus i still think about how i would dress up, everyday. I still envy people at my age who's doing good life with friends. I, everytime, always fantasize doing a chill conversation, like what words would i say that will impress girls, etc etc. Fuck, how to be normal ?

im 27 and fly as fuck

i know this feeling all too well

This

The fuck are you talking about? How difficult is it to make an outfit before you leave the house? You don't have to walk around in a suit or even a button up. Just make sure your colors work and your shit fits.

The fact is, i think about outfits all the time. I always want to shop. I dress up just because it's fun, not because it's functional for whatever it is important stuffs that i'm involved. (And i'm not involved in any important stuffs that require dressing up, besides college. I'm 23. No hangouts with friends because no friends. Oh fuck me)

is that you're excuse? kek

Let me vent one more time. I also wear stuffs reflects the hobbies i'm interested in (also, those hobbies are stuffs that i wish i could be part of). I still listen to stuffs that i wish i could enjoy sincerely without social pressure, etc etc

What for, it's not even that complex or hard?

You just grab some stuff from your closet that works together.

You need to stop being such a fucking pussy

What part is such a pussy ? What part should i stop doing ? Idk man i can't just quit wanting to be/feel something, i'd have to actually experience in order to actually feel satisfied and not curious anymore

Yeah i know but now fashion is a hobby for me. I shop more than i need, i browse fit all the time, i change my aesthetics all the time, and of course i think about how people would think when i wear those. Like i hope they don't think i listen to A Day To Remember.

So, no one is actually dress up for fun ? So here everyone in Veeky Forums is just for something functional ? Your hobbies aren't fashion ? People are here not because they feel they have good taste but because they feel they have bad taste ?

>tfw I barely felt like a real male until 21 and was too beta and gay to take full advantage of those late teen years
Why live

Exactly. I want to be 18 again, i'm not satiesfied yet, i still have the curiosity to party, hangover, banging tons of girls, dressing up for concerts, dressing up for weekend with fashionable friends, etc etc. Now it's too late to start

Stop worrying about social pressure and just like what you like

Nice save

Dude, all the people I've been going to concerts with still go to concerts. Also men don't dress up for concerts. They all wear a band tee, 511s, and vans or chucks.

Yeah but my point was the whole stuff, the whole set, i've never experienced it. I haven't had friends for 6 years or so. I've been just hanging out with my brother who's 4-5 years younger than me. I don't develop like the other 23s. I feel like i'm missing out a lot, and i think about it everyday. And yeah of course i envy other people.

To get his appartment ofc. Because you know I suck at everything exept smoking weed and playing vidya so I doubt I can afford my own apartment ever.

What were you wearing?
Is the man in the pic you?

I need guidance. I need motivation to be what a guy my age should be

That would depend on your age, and wtf you do with your day.

All of you dressing up for girls should just leave this board immediately. Now I know why it's impossible to discuss fashion here when all you care about is how your ocbds fit your silhouette. fuck off

I'm 23. Just uni, and Veeky Forums, nothing else.

What should a man dress up for ?

No offense OP, but it sounds like you were always just a fashion poser. I'm currently 27, and I'm still trying to improve my style everyday. As a matter of fact, I was 100% not effay when I was 23.

Furthermore, if this feels like a task, then perhaps it's not your thing. A friend of mine told me that fashion should not feel like "dressing up" or putting on a costume, it should be comfortable and natural. You would still need to go and buy clothes, and I guess that you will have to make fashion decisions then. Hell, even if you dress generic and formal for your job, you will still need to make fashion decisions. I don't get you senpai.

What if i dress up to make people think i'm superior to them ?

what stops you from experiencing everything right now?

>tfw 26 but youthful face
fuck all of you early aging early-20s shits

>Idk man i can't just quit wanting to be/feel something
That's not the pussy. The pussy is not being what you want to be, and not feeling what you want to feel.
>And of course i think about how people would think when i wear those.
And of course you are more of a pussy. No one cares, and nor should you. You are spooked, my man. Literally and egoistically.

As an eighteen year old who wasted much of his teenage life, your posts are strongly encouraging.

Getting stuck in the past, wishing for things to have been different, is the coward's way out.

Same here, I go with button-up, jeans or courduroy pants in winter, suede derbies.
Basic as fuck, better dressed than the average joe in a tee and sneakers.
i guess it's kind of a prole-professional look.

you're just lucky. i, am not

self consciousness, very low self esteem, not normal/common personality, no friends, insecurity. basically no friends but i'm just too much of a pussy to start a casual conversation with anyone. i can't just go anywhere by myself, i'm scared if some people that know me see me walking alone. i don't want them to know that i'm a friendless freak

Jeans ruined it.

it's just not that easy. the obstacles are too strong, it overpowers the excitements. i just want to have meaningful friends and do crazy stuffs with them but i can't connect emotionally with anyone. i have daddy issues tho i grew up being scared of my dad, so yeah no father-son connection for me, i don't have male role model that teach me about masculinity therefore i find it hard to connect with male

idk where else to find guidance. /pol/ and Veeky Forums are the only boards that has the best kind of people. the outgoing and the moraled

Jesus Im only 19 and I was already starting to feel like this, thanks for the wake up call lmao.

dubs of truth

OP why are you giving up? Are you under the impression that life ends in your 20-ies? Cause there is no other way I can explain your situation. Because you have a mentality of a person who will never strive for more that is given to him and stop at the earliest step to the road of becoming better.

Being Veeky Forums is a worldview. It's about taking care of yourself and constantly improving. This might come off cliche but it's what it is. Are you gonna just settle in when you hit a certain numerical indicator? I share the same age with you and for a 23 year old you speak as if you were already wishing for your own funeral.

You seem weak willed. Not that I have particularly strong will power but I have a goal of not letting myself age at least mentally. Being open minded, try out new things, keep up with the huge pace of life. Yes, our bodies will get old, yes you will no longer be able to dress like a "hip teenage boy" but it's all in your head. Remember all those shitty articles on you saw on facebook about a 70 yo gramps beating some kind of world record or the one dressing up in sick clothing. Even then he is still ambitious and that's what is the ultimate goal.

It kind of made me sad to think that in such a world of opportunity you choose to drop everything and feel "silly". Then go conform. Be the consumer. But I know you can do better user.

TL;DR
>never don't give up

i'm this guy
what should i do ? what's wrong with me what needs to be fixed ?

Be brave and try to contact some of your old acquaintances, hang out with them and be part of their social circles.

i'm not interested in them

You have "FOMO" or fear of missing out. I don't know what kind of person are you but I've had similar feelings towards my teenage years. Cause I was a shut in. A weeb. Quite socially awkward but outgoing. I always chose my hobbies (music, video games, photography, video) over going out and staying up and throwing up.

I've noticed that all those people who spent their youth doing exactly that are now growing out of it and they don't have much left. They are now mundane and boring people who I rarely see going out or being active in social activities.

It's always that there is this pressure that you experience, that you have to live a life "full of adventure and drugs and sex and parties" but in reality why should you? Is it what you really want? If you wanted it enough you would not be complaining right now. Then it must be that you would rather enjoy reading a book or something else. I must appear to sound really cliche or vague but it's what it is. It's mostly about you.

What do you do in life user? Cause life does not end in your 20-ies and it took me too long to convince myself that.

It's not important.
Social skills are like a muscle, you need to train them constantly if you want them to be strong.
If you spent a lot of time in reclusion chances are that if you'll meet someone that actually interests you you'll act like a total sperg with them, because you're not used to the pressure.
Besides, if you hang out with those uninteresting guys you'll still be able to meet new people and potential sexual partners.
Friends are disposable anyway, just use them.

>i don't have male role model that teach me about masculinity
A vastly overrated problem. You don't need a role model to teach you about masculinity when the whole concept permeates, and is birthed from, our culture. Further, women are often friends with men. You are simply latching onto something to blame, just as you latch onto your "missing" teenage years.

I do not know what your obstacles are. You do. If you know what your obstacles are, you can work out how to go around, or overcome, them. If they "overpower" your aims, then they overpower your aims. But it really does not sound like they overpower them. I do not think you would be posting this if they overpowered them.
If you want me to baby you, I will give you an idea of how to become friends with people you enjoy being with. You must undertake group hobbies that you are interested in. I don't care if it's rock climbing or LARPing as particularly autistic elves, it must be something that relies on group activity. That way you will be forced into meeting people who enjoy things you enjoy, and they will be forced into meeting you.

Yes, this will be scary. It's scary for everyone the first time. Do you think bungee jumpers aren't pissing their pants the first time they jump? Of course they are. If you are pissing your pants before bungee jumping while others are not, it is only because they pissed their pants a few years earlier than you. You haven't missed anything, nor are you locked out of anything, you're just slightly behind.

This is just depressing. How can a man reach thst age and not graduate to a post-trend sense of style? He's not even dressing like one of those elderly high fashion divas, it's just sucking the teet of high end street wear, on shallow trends thst have already come and gone. The fit mightve hot 5 years ago with a certain crowd but it's an abomination now, despite the clearly high quality pieces.

Most people's grandfather's dress much better than this sorry case without even trying just by wearing the clothes they've always owned and are comfortable with. Not this shallow contrived trash.

Sounds like you go to some overpriced overground yuppie/dad shit, dude. Good shows are the most fash parties in every city.

>look at that old man memeing it up
>posts a photo from an EG lookbook

i'm just a college student with no hobbies and side activities.
well you know i think for me it's beyond social pressure. when i hear them talking, it sounds fun and i want to just be in the middle with them and be comfortable about it. but i can't, because i'm scared of talking to people, i'm scared of being natural in front of attractive people. i've been lonely for 7+ years so yeah.

Get a dose of reality and man thebfuck up. you're a self pitying POS with a media distorted idea of the world.

Put away your shitty indie music and start reading books. Fix your diet and get test in your system. Browse /pol/ or read Culture of Critique to learn that what you believe you're missing out on is an unattainable fabrication designed to destroy civil society - you havent done anything wrong by voluntarily abstaining from normal day degeneracy. Like the desert monks of tjeb12th century, when the world is bad, the only thing left for good men to do is to refuse to participate.

But that's the easy way out. You can still find good people and good things to do. Go to gallery opens and warehouse parties (just do a search on RA for some relatively underground techno/house like an artist from LIES or Blackest Ever Black, then find the event on fb, then scan through the related events for any underground shit esp if it say msg 4 address) and take some drugs, you'll meet intelligent, educated unpozzed people. But they wont want anything with you if you don't have anything to show for yourself. that's why you have to read books.

yeah of course after years and years of finding solutions online, i've heard this solution million times. i just, don't have the energy and the balls to start doing anything

hear hear

Don't you see the self irony in his fit? You autistic fuck holy shiet you need to end your self

It's people from the 21st century newfag. EG wishes they could catch up on this YY shit.

Then your problem is that you don't have the energy or balls to start doing anything, and nothing more.

Do you have the energy or the balls to work on your energy and balls?

Why does everyone on this board act like 23 is so old?
I'm 19 but you're making me want to kill myself lmao is there anything after 22 worth living for or what? i only recently started getting attractive

not fair

>Don't you see the self irony in his fit?
Wew

yeah i think i can read books and fix my diets, that's pretty easy. i think, instead of forcing myself when i'm not ready, i have to make myself ready first from the inside, so that when i start socializing, it woudn't be much of a challenge. plus i don't care about degeneracy/not, good/bad in God's eyes, etc etc

>/pol/
i can't. i'm not white, not christian, and not from a western country. the bantz made me hate myself. although i really wish to move to the US.

just go all out on fashion stuffs now. and make sure to stop at 23

>Do you have the energy or the balls to work on your energy and balls?
idk how. okay firstly, i hate myself physically, i feel very inferior to others.

Fat neckbeards who never wash have plenty of friends, and do well enough.

But I admit that a lot of this sounds like deep-seated psychological shit that you should see a therapist for. And, no amount of rationality will overcome psychological issues.

>What age do you throw in the towel?
25 and that's just the age for women
men can go a little longer

hurry up and get in the last 2 years until your 25
you've only been legally able to drink for 2 years
anyway

>you've only been legally able to drink for 2 years anyway
You what.

ugh goddammit, it's that complicated huh ?

damn, why me ?

You are rusing me.

you don't live in the US?
legal drinking age here is 21

i don't want to go to a therapist, because they will always make me go there more than two times and i don't have that much money, and i can't just ask from my parents because my parents shouldn't know about this.

well thank you anyway

The median age of this board is, like, fifteen.

I agree with you so much. I was a late bloomer, was ugly during my youth, I only started getting confident and attractive in the last 2 years (currently 27).

I think OP is confusing things. Clearly, you won't have that much time to experiment with clothes once you start working and go to college. You might be required to abide to a dress code to a certain extent. However, part of growing up is to find a style that suits you and your environment.

Life after 22 is awesome... but yeah, you will be held accountable for what you do, you cannot fuck up things anymore. However, if you like being independent, having a career, actually earning your own fucking money... then yeah, growing up only gets better.

this was encouraging to read desu

This is suck a strange thread. Why are most of you agreeing that being fashionable in your 20s is bad? Are you all 15? When your in the late 20s just stop dressing like a teenager. Teenagers dress like shit anyways.

It's more about the motivation to dress up. Not the style. If you still have fashion as hobby in your 20s, that's a red flag

How the fuck are you supposed to get into fashion before 20s without being rich ass spoiled brat anyway? I only got money for clothes now since I began to work. Of course after I hit 28-30, it will be time to stop wearing loudy stuff and go on with perhaps SLP or Prada, but before you can wear all you want.

now this is some bait shit

lmao if you stop dressing how you want cause your 23 youre a fag with no perception on life yet. Youre still a fuckin kid, live for yourself and not for what you think fags on an internet board think you should

Is this whole board and thread fucking retarded? or just 10 yrs old? Your 20's are literally the most reasonable time to be dressing well..... like what you only have like 3 yrs to to dress well from 17 to 20 and thats it?

this, I dont know when else youre supposed to be dressing well. your 20's are when youre grown enough but still young enough to really pull a look off

Da little faggots have the impression that only teenish twinks can look fashionable. And yeah, this thread is a trainwreck... time to sage!

Basically if you're older than the 1992 Geo Tracker, the official car of Veeky Forums, you're too old to listen to these impressionable 16 year old twinks' advice on what to ask mommy to buy them

I love this fucking poster and meme

Your style will change throughout your life. Take some time to reevaluate things in your closet. If you don't like them anymore, get rid of them. Then think of how you would like to dress, and find what is missing. It's a never-ending cycle.

Going out every day and being a very particular person about what makes me feel comfortable, I ended up not caring much about how I look, but mostly picking clothes to wear to work every day that are comfortable and don't clash with my sense of style.

As the daily grind was getting harder (and working in an environment where no client sees you and no boss cares what you look like) dressing up became less and less attractive a proposition. I was wearing mostly joggers all winter, running shoes to withstand the commute, and I even started wearing shorts again in the summer which I haven't done for years.

too bad about the rust on the fender