You can own any watch, of any price, but You cannot sell it, what watch do you choose?

You can own any watch, of any price, but You cannot sell it, what watch do you choose?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3rgnN3uAJFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A kinetic seiko in gold tone.

Jaeger LeCoultre Gyrotourbillon 1, final edition, Rose Gold

daniel wellington, best watches ever made hands down

/thread

Patek World Time

I don't know a lot about watches but I want the most expensive watch that is also stylish and tasteful. What should I choose?

Would probably be happy with this.

g shock

IWC: Portugieser Chronographe Rattrapante

here are the watchmakers, ranked from most expensive and prestigious to least

interesting thanks

I've heard of Patek but probably not the vast majority of the others

>Want the most expensive just for the "show off".
Seriously, a watch is a piece of art, a wonder of mechanic. Choose one that speaking to you, that makes you feel something different.

For exemple most of new watch owners want a Rolex just because of the brand.
Search and find the brand you'll love.

I don't really want the most expensive so much as I just wanted to know what the general perceived rankings were. I was surprised to see Rolex so low and Omega so high on this infographic.

Rolex can make you look like a show-off who knows nothing about watches to some people

I think it's just because everyone knows about Rollies and they're kind of associated with gaudy nouveau riche types

I prefer this model, wear it daily.

wrist fedora

I wanted a thread like this, what are some of the more effay watches? Anyone familiar with Daniel Wellington? I'm gonna start carrying them in my shop

pleb
patrician

this one I think

White dial moonphase Patek Nautilus

This one

pleb, it's a masterpiece

how about a real ass rolex or any of the shit featured in NY TIme

who disagree is a basic pleb

that watch strap

Or maybe pic related.
Spot the normie

Beautiful

probably this or the grande sonniere on milanese mesh

no pls

Yeah nah, watches are machines. In most markets, for instance cars, you pay more for higher performance (goes faster), or for higher luxury (better sound proofing, stereo, the best seats, creature comforts, etc.), or some combination of the two. Car enthusiasts do salivate over nice bodies, but these generally have to be backed up with more tangible things. The best cars define themselves as the works of art -- they are the literal state of the art.

In the watch world, you pay more for worse performance. Their basic function is keeping the time. Yet a Patek Philippe performs worse at its most essential parameter than a quartz you'd hand out for free to grade schoolers on a field trip. Let alone a rudimentary thermal-corrected quartz, or any of the marvels of precision beyond quartz oscillators which the watch world has not bothered to wake up to. And there really isn't enough room in the design space of a watch for real, tangible luxury to permeate through. So there really aren't any passionate watch enthusiasts, there are only decadent watch fetishists.

got this the other day with a black face

why is omega so underrated?

>A White Watch

none

I don't want a mechanical meme or anything on my wrist for that matter.

>not having a bird in your watch
youtube.com/watch?v=3rgnN3uAJFQ

Grand Seiko mufuggas

p nice

milsub

>Fabric Strap on a Rolex

God, no

not the snow flake, nigga pls

Solid gold Rollie with maybe a little ice. Just a sexy, expensive one. Idk anything about watches.

>wanting gaudy nigger shit

You can buy one of those from aliexpress for $5

ye that is pretty sexy
not a fan of complications tho
for this style at least

What about citizen watches?

>being this new

Right here senpai

kek

>rolex
yikes
>GOLD rolex
> YIKES

>the ultimate wrist-fedora

nice

not white lol

heck yeah, but with a blue face

>autism, the watch

more wrist fedora

gorgeous

ok

ok

nice

>nigger-core

>pic related
>god tier

Zeitwerk

I just got the black / gold numbering of this model 2 days ago. Very good.

Not true.

The more expensive is it, the more precise is the mechanism.

Yes a Quartz is the top of precision but an automatical watch or a mechanical one can live hundreds of years with a good maintening.

Furthermore having a mechanical watch it's having a real piece of art who can give you the time, the date and i dunno, the phase of the moon, can sing... without electricity, just with the genius of the man.

Resonance for sure, considered a centigraphe or octa lune but this is the prettiest, and the light face means it'll work for dressy occasions, unlike that chronometre bleu someone posted. Sure the chronometre souveraign is more versatile/ traditional but this is more Journe, love every bit of it (the case back is my favorite tooo)

other considerations

ez

this desu?

this one desu
this is the watch that says "i have more money than your entire family will earn over their collective lifetimes"
i would only wear it if i was a legitimate filthy rich mob boss though, because then nobody would steal it

it does look cool but i'm mostly fascinated by the fact that it costs more than a house

dang dis es sexy

FUCccckkkkkkkkkkkk

>watch looks really cool in thumbnail
>homos

;

tfw my previous boss had exactly one of those

the one from spy kids

1939 zenith cal 12-4

Eh. the newer version doesn't look as good. Indices and hands look too clunky at that size.

easy, a fucking reverso

>Idk much about watches
We can tell

>only 18k gold
fucking poorfag

hermes apple watch

Speedmaster cal 321

this or a nomos toki probably.
I'm a sucker for weebshit.

posting toki as well

lol, so boring. and affordable at that

I hope you're 60 years old, severely overweight, with orange skin, and extensive plastic surgery
I have pencil wrists, so I'd go for pic related

>not wanting a planetarium on your wrist

Maitres du temps
Chapter One Tonneau Transparence Titanium: C1-3T

Im happy with mine, I have no intention of buying a new one, wanted one since I was a kid, and now I have it

>I'm 21 and poor: the watch
sell your butthole on the internet so you can buy the actual nice watch that you aspire to

Casio W-71

Basic af

Christiaan van der Klaauw, not a hard question my man

fucking gorgeous

>Speed master reduced
The overpriced cost of a speed master without the moon watch November or anything els that makes the moon watch good.

Moon watch movement*

Enjoy your panic attacks any time it gets cloudy and you didn't bring an umbrella

step up your game pleb
2.5m

>Starts raining
>Put watch in pocket till it stops

The date's in a little something called 'Silian Rail'

It don't tel time doe
dumb nigger

>starts raining harder
>your pants get wet
>moisture gets into case
>enjoy your watch-shaped paperweight