Veeky Forums school supplies thread

Veeky Forums school supplies thread
Specifically Uni or college
Pens, bags, notebooks and organizers

Was thinking about copping, worth? Or any suggestions?

Signo pens sold at any store ever are the best pens

Muji everything

Lamy studio

C/n?

Looks cool but very few people will recognize it as expensive. It just looks a bit like the yesstyle kind of stuff people wear.

rec me some mechanical pencils guise

christ have you guys ever been to uni? the pens will probably get stolen or lost. Just buy a cheap bic pen and will last you the whole year

Lamy is a good entry level fountain tip pen.

Pilot 95s gold/burgundy
Midori traveler notebook

Would you spend the extra 100 on the palidium version or just get the steel version

Budget options are Uni-Ball Kuru Toga and Pentel Sharp P200 but honestly Patrick Bateman can give you a good

Rotring 600 if you don't mind the edgelord black + red
Faber Castell Grip 2011 if you make a lot of mistakes
Autopoint Twinpoint All-American if you'd like to have more than one colour

I'd say if you've never written with a fountain pen, get a cheaper one to start out with to see if you like it. If you don't, there's actually no shame in using a cheaper pen.

It doesnt look that good

I really like this backpack from cdg, but it's a bit expensive for me just for a backpack. Since it's a simple design, could someone point me to backpacks just like it (same silhouette, texture, proportions) that are a bit affordable but not cheap looking? Thanks

literally just cop a generic ass jansport

I'd rather not actually, it's not exactly what I'm looking for

literally the same looking shit as jansport, no one is gonna notice

Yeah I don't wanna pay so much for a generic simple black backpack, but I don't like the design of jansports so I'm just asking for options that look similar to this (and jansports are a good suggestion, thank you, and theyre okay and not really ugly like that since its as simple as it gets but I care about the details)

also check 849 by paul smith, fucking GOAT

How's me pen/pencil combo?

Parker Jotter
Rotring800

Thoughts?

Rotring 800 is trash, get a 600 instead.

>2016
>still using pen and paper
Its like you faggots want to make uni as hard as possible, get a fucking laptop, jeez.

I bet I could take notes and make diagrams and illustrations faster than you could on your computer

Take the logo off with scissors and it's the same damn thing

you could become a walking meme and get a Herschel Supply Co. Backpack

Muji

>click pen

I'd like to see your collection of pen fedoras

nice, how are cheaper rotrings like 300 or 500?

maybe not Veeky Forums but if you happen to hold pencils like a neanderthal like I do, the zebra delguard is amazing

>he has to take notes
what are you, stupid?

Is this too much?

I didn't buy pens in uni until exam periods where you have to write a fuckload of notes

You can just pick them up for free literally everywhere

poler has questionable quality and yes it's too much imo

I've been out of college for 5 years and I stole so many pens and high lighters they all have the college's name on it too

Eastpak the goat

for taking upskirts of your teacher

This is the most Veeky Forums laptop and school supply. You don't need a notebook, the Surface pro already comes with an app that you can type or write your notes; it's pretty much a virtual notebook.

but you cant put it on your lap....

>$0.03 has been added to your account

It doubles as a tablet. The screen itself pops out a keyboard or you can use the pen to write

I wish tbqhf, because I really do love it. A friend of mine had it during the spring, and she could edit and annotate documents our profs. gave us on the fly. The battery life is horrible and they don't have very much space.

Lamy 2000

The solid gold nib is platinum plated to imitate stainless steel

Also the nib essentially has a foreskin to maintain a timeless look. This pen was designed over 60 years ago

my nig

I use an asus zenbook for that
matte screen > touchscreen on a laptop

isn't this super huge irl

Lamy Scala looks better, I think. More elegant and straightforward.

yeah looks comical

>seriously falling for the jewniversity meme

I make 60-80K annually as a salesman and I never got my grade 10

Come at me with your fantastic theories of how much you SHOULD be making collegecucks

Just don't fuck up my venti coffee

wow man 60k thats really something

>they told me I would be making 120K before the ink was dry on my diploma
>this starbucks job is just temporary
>Ive totally got a brighter future than you

cool man im definitely still in uni and making less than 60k

T H I S

Cool man! I actually am a salesman as well, I own Jim's Trackerland in San Dimas, CA! We have a great stock of 1992 Trackers, 1993 Trackers, 1992 Hardtop Trackers, Customized 1992 Trackers, and even a couple 1991 Trackers! So if you want a 1992 Geo Tracker, the official car of Veeky Forums, just come in for a test drive! We'll find you that perfect car for you!

you seem to be very insecure about your career choice

you seem to be a pretty smug NEET

Surface is shit. Only fedoralords who bought the apple is for plebs meme (pro tip: their laptop hardware is by far the best on the market at any price) and the marketing to "creatives". It looks like shit, the display is crappy, it doesn't even have a fucking keyboard. It has the chunkiness of a thinkpad and stuck on W8/10.

rMBP running OSX & a cheap refurbished thinkpad running Linux/Windows dual boot is the only way to go, both for fashion & function. A thing else is for the plebs.

i really hope you´re not unironically replying to paid shillbots that only ask about your interests to come up with a plan to suck all money out of you

is brand X effay? is this drug effay? is this behavior effay? please dumbass, tell us what you think as cool so we can sell you exatcly that thing and sucker you in to spending thousands of dollars on next season customer items.

Ingore all polls. It´s not fashion related. That´s all.
>yfw all product discussion boards are shittest places on chan atm coz of paid shills

I have one, it's pretty nice looking and feeling but it gets covered in fingerprint smudges which really annoys me. It also has the exact same internals and nibs as the cheaper pens, it doesn't write any better than a Safari or whatever.

Honestly I use my Al-star more, I like it better.

Are you retarded? I've been using the same pen and pencil for the last two years of college.

They're both trash, they just look nice on the outside but the inside is just as plastic and cheap as any other pencil.

Graphgear 1000

Wow you mean I could've just turned down all my scholarships and skipped university to make less money doing a shitty dead end customer service job instead? And I wouldn't have had to better myself with an education either? I guess I really fucked up.

Bitch, when I'm done with school I will be making 3 to 4 times more than you, STARTING.

signo um151 are the best cheapo pens for my money. just don't get the .28mm ones.
pic related is coming in the mail. the fellow has a cute face

What's a good pen to match with my pentel graphgear 1000?

Thoughts? You?

im studying to become a doctor

im guaranteed a job and doing something i love, and also get heaps of money doing it

i hope you like dealing with pus and fat fucks

Lamy Al-star is also anodized aluminum and matches it pretty well
I'm sure there's others that are aluminum too

Are you going for a phd or something?

I cant think of any job that pays 180,000-320,000 out of the gate with just a masters, unless you go to sf where a 300 sqft tenemant is $2700/mo

I'm also studying to be a doctor, a clinical pathologist

Nice

>the pens will probably get stolen or lost
>buy one pen and it will last you the whole year

My Lamy Safari ran dry on the second day of classes, I thought I had a bit more life in the cartridge since I didn't use it much all summer but nooope. Waiting on cartridges and killing my wrist with a shitty bic right now.

Thinking of grabbing pic related for my bag. Not in a hurry right now though because it hasn't started snowing.

Great backpacks, super nice for rain and snow yeah. Roomy too and the laptop sleeve is nice. Get a 15" bag even if your laptop is smaller. Only problem is Tumblr chicks and art fags like these so watch out

dont fukken do it m80

Why? They shitty or a meme bag or something?

They're a meme bag for girls or gays who wanna be artsy. But they're good bags, mine's structurally intact after 1.5 years of daily use

I haven't seen them much on here, nor anywhere else where I live. If they have an obnoxious fanbase on tumblr I never knew because I don't browse fashion stuff on there. I'm not a girl but I am a bit of an androgynous faggot.

I don't know if it's posted a lot on tumblr but it's that sort of girl (omg let's go to a coffee shop and listen to indie rock and shop at UO) that uses these cause they wanna be artsy. But they're also great bags, just get it. If you haven't seen any around everyone will just tell you it's a cool bag.

You think majoring in CIS is a good idea nowadays?

Just do CS m8

I'm planning to buy one. Are they worth the money? any comparison in term of price?

>doesn't know that there are many types of doctors, some of who don't deal with patients

fuck off you dumb piece of shit

GraphGear or Rotring?

what do I carry my supplies in? I don't want to use a pencil case like a highschooler

Only answer is a zip-lock bag.

but I don't want to look like I'm carrying around crime evidence either

time is money and while you may be rich in money you will be poor in the time you have that is your own.

spoken like a true liberal arts student

>$300k in student loan debt
>$90k a year starting salary
enjoy living like a pauper until you're 50
>mfw I have a nicer watch than my doctor and I majored in philosophy
>mfw $95k salary and only $5k left on the loans

Neither is a bad choice, but rotring

looks like a bouncy castle

Being uneducated isn't Veeky Forums

How're you manage that one, slick? I thought philosophy majors are about as bad for job finding as women studies

1. Go to a school that doesn't suck
2. Be smart
3. Don't be stupid

There are plenty of STEM graduates who are autistic fuckups doing glorified data entry jobs. I know because the company I work for employs some of them.

A smart person can do well with just about any kind of degree from a good enough school.

At a shittier school, it makes sense to think of education as more like metal shop in high school. It's not so much preparing you to think and solve problems, it's more teaching you rote tasks that you can repeat in an assembly line type workplace.

it is, even the medium version

Fuck this is my thread.

The graph gear 1000 is hands down the best value for what you get mechanical pencil. Rotring 800 is goat, get in the silver color way as black has quality control issues.

I also carry a Muji fountain pen with a bock titanium nib, and a pilot custom 92 (clear skeleton demonstrator) I dropped it a few days ago and the nibs fucked, planning to replace that as well

Fuck I love me some pens.

some hospitals and federal programs will take care of the student loans

its amazing quality wise, really worth the money. also it doesnt lose much value after wearing so if you dont like it anymore you can resell quite well