soundcloud.com/joshpan/kys
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-video-and-audio-dow/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/turbo-download-manager/
youtube.com/watch?v=Znl38ekImpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TMW6AgGwtvA
youtube.com/watch?v=jznZSdRFz-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=2vq3nfWLmlE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you know how to make a mix and can read a room while playing interesting music at the same time then yeah

link me to your mixcloud

what kind of house? what kind of techno?

And what controller/mixer would you recommend for a beginner that barely knows how to fuck around in traktor?

Turntables with time coded vinyl or whatever CDJs the venue throw at u? or regular controller

I also DJ and I love to spin House records, especially late 90s records. I also do Vogue House and Jersey club

Not about fashion. Reported.

Depends on if you're effay or not.

No fun allowed

I actually use my ddjsx2 controller or whatever. It's a 4 channel pioneer that Is super portable. I like it because I hate being to rely on shit equipment at venues. Also I'm very comfy with it. Nothing like playing two tracks then using another channel to throw in a snare or something for a build

It's effay if you are extremely good, but otherwise you just look like a wanker.

Man i wish i was part of the scene

you can be if you go to events and show a genuine interest. Music guys were super chill if you are nice to them

yea you don't want to be a top 40 fader cocksucker. Its important to develop skills as well as your own style.

I definitely think house and techno dj's are Veeky Forums
here in Melbourne there's a pretty good scene of cool people
and lots of small regular events to keep it going
what artists are you into?

I am a huge fan of Neil Landstrumm. This is my absolute favorite set ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=ht8CZAOFv90

Also I really like this set by david august.
something about live element really gets me
youtube.com/watch?v=mRfwdJx0NDE

what about you friend?

I spend too much time with guitar stuff. I read that as "d-jing" as in djent.

I am really feeling that david august set.
I definitely enjoy a lot of Disco/House
last summer was full of day events in the sun with happy music and some mushies
some of the tunes I'm really liking atm:
youtube.com/watch?v=SIjMbQyP5oU Ave Astra
youtube.com/watch?v=19_WLdNz5tI Mall Grab
youtube.com/watch?v=O1gXsD1rJz8 D.Futers

I really want to get into DJ since I already collect a couple vinyls but just need to pony up cash for it

where to find good 90's/00's house events in Melbourne?

I mainly just go to revs on a sunday to see spacey space

dont start with a controller, just buy some second-hand tech 1200's (if you pay sub $300 you're probably buying a lemon) and mixer. you'll be better off in the long run when you're gearing up to play out. trust me on this one, i work at a record shop

My m3d's came in like 2 days ago actually

finally back to wax

I've heard lounge is good I'm going this weekend, for events I usually just find one event then follow the promotion company's page and then find other events they post. Also look up George w Doof its a closed group that plan day parties in Parks which are always fun, sometimes my friends dj there

t b h the best thing is just having some mates over, having a couple beers, some ket and some weed, getting them to bring some records and just playing some choons for each other on the decks, kicking back and having a little fuck around

Veeky Forums house party? I'll bring the tranq

depends on selection and if you can read a crowd
imo if you have skills but can't do those two you're fucked
i'm trying to learn to produce but honestly i've always been interested in what you can do with electronic music but it seems like there's so much to learn and so little time compared to others who have been doing it for years

This is something I want to do on my free time, I just love the scene, usually very effay people around and just good music.
Just got a Dual 704 turntable with a Shure MkIII pickup to play my Leon Vynehall, Jack J, Moodymann, HNNY and other misc disco and house.

No, unless you make your own shit and are actually talented with a keyboard like feed me or wolfgang garner

Jack J is da bomb

Go big or go home
I've been producing since I was 16 and the last thing I want to welcome others to our community, but not if you're gonna muck it up
Get out there and get it going man

Guys. Where do you find more techno music ? Like what website, webzine, etc etc

>tfw love techno but never been to a club or rave because of social anxiety

discogs, resident advisor, soundcloud etc
HATE & deepspace on youtube are pretty good too
just listen to some mixes and search from there

THIS. i can only watch boiler room while fantasizing being there, dancing and talking and drinking in god tier fit.

dunno if you've heard of it, but there's this wicked thing that all the cool kids are doing nowadays called mdma
you should try it sometime

drugs are for losers you fucking degenerate

poofter cunt

losers are the ones who are anxious and friendless, kissless virgins, beta, autistic, talks about stuffs no one understands, etc etc.
druggies are outgoing, club-hoppers, dress good, attractive, living the life that the losers wish to have. definitely the opposite of losers, because they're not losing, they're winning. they win life.

god you suck on so many levels

yeah dude, 420 blaise id am I right haha

xanax!

I love smoking oxy haha

I only take speed when I need to go to work or get up after smoking oxy lol

no, you. how come you even come up with the word degenerate. this is not a trump rally or sunday church.

le euphoric gentleman face

lol fucking nerd loser is that a fucking christ cross shirt lol gtfo loser stop stuttering

you can get a lot of good stuff used if you go to a proper shop. Otherwise I would be careful buying used because you never know what has been spilled on it or if it has been dropped. That being said you can get started for under 1k. I know its a lot but its mad fun. Thanks for the set recs I'll listen to them!

put more shit on your snap boy

Sometimes I feel very strange for thoroughly enjoying house/techno and electronic music in general while abstaining from drugs. Here's some things I like.

youtube.com/watch?v=LdISTPorBwg

youtube.com/watch?v=IYSs7Yu8I9Y

youtube.com/watch?v=nVmVZxkbDOo

also live in melbourne

if you guys are looking for good house/techno parties and good music in melbourne, follow Houses In Motion on facebook, its my friends record label and they play phenomenal parties, especially around the house party circuit in the north. all you need is a PA, a smoke machine, some decks and some lights and you're good to go - the best parties in melbourne arent in the clubs but - other stuff to follow:

6am at the garage
lampion
animals dancing collective
cool room
bunker

Depends where you dj.
If you dj in a cool club then yeah, cool.
If you dj at some kids bat mitzvah then no.

also did you cop mall grab tickets at hugs and kisses? im real keen

Jog Wheels are dead
Native Instruments is ruining the scene by improving it.
Have not used anything else since I got this, It's nice running Traktor, but also not having to monkey fuck your laptop.

Anyone got link ups in LA?

Forgot to add, I spin shit like this

youtube.com/watch?v=PrunO4Nh_k0
youtube.com/watch?v=V_0J1LGI2l4
youtube.com/watch?v=VE6fIRZVH9I

Deep House is my true passion, But I've been vibing to Soulection shit for the past year. Shits sensational live.

Interesting to hear something by Rashad that isn't footwork

I think he's stealing to branch out, I still think Brighter Dayz is a slapper

>soulection
them and other "la beat" people are so cliquey (what underground scene isn't filled with more and more people like that)

It's just the current LA scene. I just like the lifestyle behind it.

>read a room

room should follow you not the other way round

Its 'better' in the longrun, but what non-DJ already has a record collection geared towards a mix and wants to blow $100s on deck/desk...

Fucking this

>Also I really like this set by david august.
>something about live element really gets me
>youtube.com/watch?v=mRfwdJx0NDE
This is great, thank you. More like this?

Wtf is this thread. No , it's not Veeky Forums, everyone and their dog is a "DJ". And it's lame as fuck if you're doing bookings for yuppie parties and bars. Basic bitch DJ's like are a dime a dozen.

It's only cool if you're DJing underground tracks for local illegal basement/warehouse shows, which almost always implies you're a resident basically running the parties. Otherwise you should be embarrassed to mention it, even normalfags basic bitches would cringe, they've heard it a thousand times before. Christ have you fags ever been outside?

>soulection
>current LA scene
>underground
Kys desu

Joining this

youtube.com/watch?v=4aSfIpzlGpQ

youtube.com/watch?v=Kxz2Hz21f8c

youtube.com/watch?v=SAFqulfIq_I

youtube.com/watch?v=0Kafnssi0tc

youtube.com/watch?v=UjuusCo0NTY

soundcloud.com/joshpan/kys

Been thinking about upgrading to a s5 or an s8, what was the deciding factor between the two of them for you? And nice tracks btw.

I "dj" a radio show

>youtube.com/watch?v=mRfwdJx0NDE
how do I get an mp3 of this?

You could download the video's audio using a browser plugin.

I tried a few for firefox and they didn't work for one reason or another. Then I tried youtube-dl on mac and got an error installing it. Fugg.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-video-and-audio-dow/

Then you are going to need turbo to convert the audio to mp3. At least that is how I think it works. Installed this awhile ago.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/turbo-download-manager/

sorta related

who /grime/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=Znl38ekImpQ

>No jog wheels.
I just sold my S5 because I missed wheels too damn much.
Got an XDJ-RX in the mail because I spent too much money on clothes and can't afford the XDJ1ks I wanted.
Would've kept my S5/gotten an S8 if I didn't hate carrying around my laptop all the damn time to gigs.

thanks

thiis me my man.

bit more into the grime producer shit, but this a dope mc

Couldn't have produced a better retort

this

This is totally footwork

there's nothing wrong with a sync button as long as you can fall back on old CDJ's if and when your setup gets fucked up.
anybody arguing about muh skill is retarded, your set is what people hear, nobody gives a shit how you sync up the tracks, it's what tracks, when and how.

They honestly do the same shit. I got the S8 honestly, just because it's bigger in size. Cause Imma be honest 8 channel mixing is retarded. I'm honestly just a button whore.
The S5 will do the same job, if you got the extra cash go for the s8

I always have a back up for my sets, have an iPod shuffle with an hour mix I made, shit is always plugged in and playing (obviously the channel is muted)

I don't miss jog Wheels, I think they're wasted space on a mixer. I'd probably add cdjs and use my S8 as a mixer. But honestly, I still think jog Wheels are almost pointless. Cue and sync buttons are so prime now, it's in a sense more accurste than jog Wheels.

Honestly?

>Sometimes I feel very strange for thoroughly enjoying house/techno and electronic music in general while abstaining from drugs. Here's some things I like.
Are you friggin me

Oh I totally agree. If I didn't get my start on ATLP120s and DVS I wouldn't have even bothered.
Just too lazy to learn from scratch again.
Heh.

Good tunes famalam

It's all about that haus

youtube.com/watch?v=TMW6AgGwtvA
youtube.com/watch?v=jznZSdRFz-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=2vq3nfWLmlE

>listening to music

You're only cool if you listen to white noise