Does fashion week make anyone else less interested in clothes?

Does fashion week make anyone else less interested in clothes?
I like designers like rick, raf, gosha, Alexander Wang etc. But I mostly wear mall basics mixed with less expensive stuff like norse projects and cdg But when I see all these fashion news sites everything seems so fucking pretentious and not like in a funny Veeky Forums way either, it's like a an elite rich people pretentious.
Im insecure af when I walk down SoHo and it's a bunch of attractive people with nice expensive ass clothes and good fits and I'm in old skools, black skinny Levi's, a uniqlo striped tee, and a basic olive green field jacket
>Am I just a beta pleb

My 2 cents, get a hobby outside of effay that will makes you feel you are worth shit like skating. Thing is, most people are low-middle class and average or ugly looking, you'll definitely feel like shit if you rely on looks alone and compare yourself to more good looking people who's doing the same thing as you.

Its more the wealth than the looks that make me insecure desu.
But I get what your saying about other hobbies and I do have hobbies but anime and vidya aren't that fulfilling and they are just side hobbies. My mind is way too invested in fashion desu.

>not dressing nicely when in soho
Your fault senpai desu

That's about as nice as I could afford tho

Same same. Those 17 year olds with all designer shit probably born to a wealthy family. When you working min wage job at McD its kinda hard to spend 700+ on an entire outfit, thats almost your whole income. I feel you

How should I dress in SoHo
I also went there. I was in skinny Levi's, beat white sk8 highs, a white tank top that I wore under a light pink crewneck. The tank was sticking out a bit.

However you see fit senpai, there's nothing wrong with your outfit desu.
Just know there will always be people who are more attractive with more expensive clothes. At the same time there are people who have worse fits/are uglier/or just don't care at all.

GRAILED IS FREIND
BAPE SHIRT ONLY 150
PRADA PANTS 81
DAMIR DOMA BOOTS ONLY 270

those people are just a bunch of lames hoping they'll get their pic taken for their shit tumblr page

Yeah I guess im just insecure in general and I don't like covering it up with self deprecation anymore
I wish I had confidence desu. It would make life so much easier

There's this one 15 year old singer chick on Twitter that wears all.fucking designer and shit, goes to a fancy ass NYC art school and makes a shit ton through merch and shows so idk if it's all daddy's money either.
So fucking jealous holy shit I know how you feel guys. Being broke while into fashion is the worst feel.
>Tfw when I'll never date a slutty NYC rich girl who's favorite designer is Alexander Wang

She must have done some mother Terresa shit in her previous life. Some people are just born lucky.

Fuck high fashion honestly. Shits so pretentious and full of rich kids who buy all their shit with daddies money
Stick with basics and fashion brands that aren't 1000+ per piece
Like wings+horns and maison kitsune
And support small brands and independent artists and designers
There's some good shit on Etsy
Fuck all these whores in soho with their little black Alexander Wang dresses thinking their hot shit

Honestly don't get into shit you can't afford, that's so stupid. The most accessible shit is streetwear if you wanna dress nice but still affordable/ ie Palace, Supreme, Carhartt. But the hypebeasts/reseller fags are a huge turnoff though.

Word it's more effay to get unknown high quality brands
No one knows what you got but they know it's good

could you link some good etsy shops pleasE? never shopped there before

w2c unknown high quality brands

pls post etsy good stuff
all i can imagine is just soccer mom tier shit

Byky is fucking dope I'm suprised nobody on effay knows it
Midas Clo is great
Golde is fucking dope
Lucid is pretty unknown despite the shilling here
Most people have never heard of hypland
Super radical is pretty good but idk how unknown it is. Nobody I know has heard of it but it's by Tyler gross who has a lot of Twitter followers

thank you very much my dude

totally unrelated comment but am i the only one that doesn't like this fit?

his pants arent tight but some how still make his legs look fat, the rips arent helping either. not feeling the techrunners either, stans, ramones, old skools, or cps wouldve worked better imo.

Cityandsalvage
ZOLNAR
Tovima
Regathread
Stahlguide
A lot of vintage stuff on there
You have to look through a lot of shit and fake PABLO shit but it's worth it

Does anyone else despise most girls who are into fashion but only like dresses and purses and wear a fucking dress everywhere
Shits worse than full.rick

ayy lmao nyc gang gang

there's so many people dressed like shit in soho
you can't be the worst one
keep ya head up

North Jersey suburbia actually
Still only 25 miles from midtown so I'm in the city a lot

is this post supposed to be a joke?

>I like designers like rick, raf, gosha, Alexander Wang etc.
>I mostly wear mall basics mixed with less expensive stuff like norse projects and cdg
ive never seen someone embody the Veeky Forums stereotype so perfectly holy shit

try thinking for yourself for once

wtf is that list, first two is fucking horrible and the rest is not even on the website

>gosha
what is the appeal of this shitty brand?

ahh I see. at least cigs are cheap there. I literally only go to NJ for cigs. move down here and be influenced

fuccbois will cream themselves

Idk that wasn't me
You honestly have to look around on Etsy
Too many people just screen print shit trying to make a quick buck

I do think for myself

is that why you wear dark minimal mall basics and worship rick and raf

I own a few high-end and recognizable designer pieces I've paid for myself through hustling in various ways. No money in my family.

You can figure out a way to get some of your favorite pieces or DIY something similar. If you aren't filthy rich you won't have an all designer wardrobe but most of your basics it doesn't matter, and you can get a few killer jackets, shoes, shirts, or other more interesting pieces and still dress damn well, if a bit consistently similar.

Whenever I'm in some situation full of stuck up rich people wearing an outfit which would have retailed for about $5k I make a point to have as much as a fuckless carefree shitwad as possible. Looking like you have money will get you into places with people with money, and there aint nothing more fun than floating around some rich fuckers private party in beverly like hunter s. thompson on a 10-day-bender and people won't stop you because you look more important then they do

a tip if you look like shit but want to fuck around in expensive places: name your budget and have it be ridiculous. "I'm looking for a jacket in the $6-7k range, what would you suggest?" because poor people don't say that shit, they just look around but not lie

independent artists/designers and DIY stuff will always be more unique than anything off the shelf regardless of price

>Looking like you have money will get you into places with people with money, and there aint nothing more fun than floating around some rich fuckers private party in beverly like hunter s. thompson on a 10-day-bender and people won't stop you because you look more important then they do
how to achieve scumbag drifter vibes
do i just move to LA and gate-crash or what

Bitch I go to soho pretty much every other day in like joggers/denim , GATs or converse x CDG his, and plain uniqlo tshirts and feel like Im outdressin 80-90% of the people there. Sure there are some asians wearing full Song for the Mute and Yohji that have everything dialed in, and then some black dudes wearing head to toe bape/supreme, but whats the real quality of a fit? just the other day I saw someone in Stone Island, SLP, and Yeezy 350's that looked like total shit and their outfit is 20x (literally) the cost of mine

>dark minimal
stop posting this thanks, you have no clue what you're talking about

>tfw my wardrobe only exists of COS and H&M
>only "designer" clothes i have is a pair of common projects and 2 hugo boss suits
>tfw I probably outdress every /hypebeaststreetsnap/ fashion faggot

>modern boss

>common projects and hugo boss
>designer
Ayyyyy

I don't wear dark minimal mall basics
Just basics

My wardrobe is all uniqlo/forever 21/vans/converse/Levi's
Of course with some supreme, palace, cdg and norse pieces mixed in

So you dress like a teenager who sells dimebags of reg

I'm a uni student with a minimum wage job

You could have a much nicer wardrobe if you didn't waste money on shit like palace, supreme and cdgp (I'm assuming from the other shit you listed that you buy play not shirt or homme+, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Not that your style is inherently bad it's just more juvenile than it could be on the same budget

What should I look into?

your soul

What should I cop?

Can anybody pls identify that jacket/anorak he's wearing?

CAV empt nigga

doesnt matter, youre way too late to the hype train...

You late
Shits sold out everywhere
Also it's not cool anymore

It's $600 for an anorak anyway. I'll get one that works better for $50

This is literally what's killing fa, this is a fashion thread maman

lol
>soho
>dress nice
>expensive
Dude 80% of the those kids wear the same outfit 9 times a week. If you are confident, you can make a $1 look better than a $1k tee.
When you walk to Warren/Greenwich street near tribeca u will see that those millionaires wearing what you think isn't "/fa" thinking its decent. Don't ever sell yourself short to fking "soho" kids. They will suck your dick 4 times if you have a Fear piece.

>cdg
>less expensive

Uh what

he did write "designer"

How do I fugg qt rich chicks if all I can afford is mall core?

Hey man, honestly don't listen to this guy you probably dress better than him already

honestly it's so easy to dress good if it's a priority for you
Grailed makes everything so easy and you can buy basics from uniqlo or Macy's

>mfw this whole post
No wonder why Veeky Forums has gone head first to the shitter, youre the plebiest bitch on this board

nothing to gain from antagonizing wealthy fashion circles yall, unless they're acting outright obnoxious

its cool to be decked out in designer clothes as well as fashionable basics

ps no one in soho cares what you wear unless you look really really cool

stopped caring about logos long ago

will wear a 2000USD top with a 5USD bottom if I think it looks right.

Following what some faggot picked out for you to wear because it's """""""fashion"""""" is truly disgusting. Even more disgusting is bowing down to brands because they're associated with some pseudo-lifestyle or "look to be attained". Start in the morning by putting on a personality and then choose your clothes instead of being a mindless consumertard

The way I see it, the highlight of these people's lives is to have others notice their clothing. That's why they drop big numbers on their fits, right? At least you have some semblance of normalcy because you're humbled by your less expensive gear.
Idk why everyone tries to hit the highest bar, try to live with some humility.

elitism doesn't exist, it's just circle jerk or hype delusion

fashion journalists are pretentious

fashion week is when you should be interested in clothing

fashion is not a contest