Opinion on monkey boots?

Like these, which are Solovair x Margaret Howell boots. I'm looking into these (solovairdirect.com/collections/soloviar-boots/products/solovair-7-eye-monkey-boot-in-black) as an alternative to the normal Doc Marten style derby boots (which, if I did purchase, would be these by Solovair as well:solovairdirect.com/collections/soloviar-boots/products/solovair-8-eye-derby-in-greasy-black)

The only thing about the Doc Marten style derby is the silhouette seems too clunky for my tastes.

Other urls found in this thread:

stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20936
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if it's too clunky for you, get something slimmer
depends on what you wear with them

also, monkey boots were pretty different from docs/solovair

I prefer Doc Marten 1460 Mono's over them. These look like a more "bowling shoe" version of them.

I guess by "clunky" I mean how the laced part of the boot tapers on the derby style versus the monkey boot style. The bouncy rubber sole part I'm fine with, as I'm going for the utilitarian boot look. I also like how the monkey boot is not as tall as the derby.

I was thinking these:

I think the 1460 mono looks nicer, desu.

The only problem is they're shiny as a result of being very thick, corrected grain, but I think they're otherwise aesthetically perfect enough and with some wear that will rub off.

i'm looking more for quality tho,
doc martens (except for the made in England line, which are made in Solovair's facotry lol) are absolute shite

I'll be working in these every day, mind you

Also, I was leaning more to the "greasy" look, but I'm not totally set yet.

Monkey boots are neat. Not something i'd wear personally but i know a lot of people can pull them off well.

They were used by electricians or something iirc? Pic related are Lone Wolfs, a jap boot brand churning out some solid footwear

Apparently trickers does one too which looks sleek

Nah they were Czech military boots. The originals were pretty slim, canvas j think?, and adopted by early LA masque punks & skaters. NaNa in LA made their own first. Docs did them up nice first, and best. Chunk is life.

Grafters are the originals. Only boots you can skate in

& If you don't get them oxblood w yellow detail you're a fag

any cheaper alternative to this?

I like the matte black

mono are a must have

does anyone have pictures of mono 1461's on feet?

what pants? They are lovely

literally go back and fourth on which one to get these or mono 1460s

honestly the quality with the Solovairs beats anything Doc Marten puts out that isn't the Made In England line (made in Solovair's factory), and really you could just stain the welt stiching black if you wanted and they'd look the same.

What're these?

judging from the box, i would say rick

id?

stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20936