In USA and other countries Uniqlo is considered great mid-tier clothes

>In USA and other countries Uniqlo is considered great mid-tier clothes
>In Japan it's considered to be at the same level as clothes shopping at Walmart would be in the USA

Why is this?

I visited the Seattle one and was seriously disapointed.

Veeky Forums and /mfa cream over this nip trash.
I was more satisfied with the couple of Zara pieces I got.

Americans usually dress like shit so something that is considered Walmart tier over the boarder in America is nice

i consider it walmart tier as the quality is really bad

i love uniqlo fuck u

their supima ts are great, sweaters are decent and jeans are okay for the price

>>In USA and other countries Uniqlo is considered great mid-tier clothes
USA and other countries have low standards for fashion so it doesn't take much to look "good"

I'm not complaining because this allows you to be """""""fashionable"""""" with very little $

I've been paying some attention to this

Uniqlo is becoming just another fast fashion mall tier brand. It was better before it started growing.

Fine by me though since it still looks arguably better than the American standard of dress and has so far kept clear from the obnoxious logo cancer. If you pick the right items you can also fool someone for a quarter of a second into thinking you're wearing something expensive

By the time I can afford a Norse Projects/"fast designer X" wardrobe without sweating about it I will be a soulless corpo-cuck anyway so disposable Uniqlo is just fine

As for the quality, at this point it's nothing special. Most items have a short life and aren't generally going to last many cleaning cycles before starting to look like rags.

I've also heard many complaining about the fit sizes being changed up to make things baggier and less tall/skinny friendly.

it's taken a serious dip in quality since they started expanding into the international market

Maybe you should all try going to Japan instead of repeating nonsense you read on Veeky Forums from people who have never been to Japan either.

I go to Japan quite often. I've been to Uniqlo in Japan. Let me tell you a secret....

There are people in there! Japanese people even! Some of them are actually fashionable.

I know what you're saying.

>b-b-but mfa likes Uniqlo

Strange thing about Japanese culture: they don't give a fuck what mfa likes. Yeah, strange, I know. Something to do with samurais or something I guess.

GU (owned by Uniqlo) is the spot in Japan for Walmart quality shit. Uniqlo is more like a cheap American Apparel or GAP. GAP is bigger than Buddha in Japan, btw. If you wanna dress like a Jap, shop at GAP.

I guess their standards in Japan are much greater than the ones in the west. Not surprising though, Asians are naturally effay

it's not fine, considering their quality is going down, their sizes up to accommodate fat american asses but their prices aren't dropping

Fucking Americuck having an opinion

>Uniqlo is becoming just another fast fashion mall tier brand. It was better before it started growing.
jesus christ could you sound any more like a clueless tool

/thread

Because all trends are started at Shibuya, where small, unique thrift stores dictate supply and demand of limited products.

Sadly, this is dying as stores are moving to less "tourist friendly" parts of the city.

H&M >>>>>>>>>> uniqlo

Same way Zara is considered utter trash in Spain but retards in other countries think it is fashionable

not really

zara is bottom of the barrel quality and ripoff garbage

No, lmao.

Why do you GAF?

Are you kidding?

Live in Tokyo, most of my shit is Uni Qlo.. It's that good fitting skinny boy shit. Plain, easy to wear, everyday shit that looks like it could be designer simple wear.

Black sweats, plain T, can't go fucking wrong. Fuck overpriced baked ass designer brands.

hey guys, i've never as much as seen a piece by Uniqlo irl, so i've really no idea what to expect.

does anyone have an idea about how the quality will be for that Uniqlo U collection that will be available from 30th September. I'm planning on buying one of the bomber jackets and i might also look into some of the merino pieces. Are the clothes going to be any better than the most generic of H&M pieces?

I lived in Minato near Temple University for five years when my Dad taught there. Uniqlo was cash, because it actually fit my tall, skinny stick self. Between it and Air Jordan 1s I was able to cop in LA, I got complements from girls on the street which boosted my shitty teenage self-esteem.

airism is actually really great imo. I also got a nice fleece for 30 bones. for what you pay, it's decent, but you have to acknowledge what it is. it's obviously not "quality basics" acne, apc, shit.

i meant one of the down jackets

I live in the US and buy a lot of my stuff from Uniqlo. There stuff is definitely better than H&M. People on Veeky Forums like to exaggerate and say fast fashion store clothes are beyond shit quality and will fall apart in a couple months but with H&M they're not lying. H&M clothes are probably some of the worst quality clothes I've ever worn since I actually started caring about the way I dress. Like loose threads everywhere and some of the thinnest fabric I've ever felt. Their pants in particular are terrible, like they actually feel terrible the quality is so bad.
I've bought sweatshirts, supima tees, socks, chinos, and some corduroys from Uniqlo and they're all still doing well after about a year. It's not incredible quality obviously but it has all held up really well and kept its shape even after tons of washes. There's no other store I would recommend for good basics honestly. I can't think of anything else that has decent quality and good styles for prices that affordable.

uniqlo is very good
>designs are nice (best t-shirts)
>everything fits well, even my rare xs size (impossible to find at >H&M or anywhere else in low-mid price range)
>rather cheap
i don't know why japanese would consider it "walmart tier"
i often go out full uniqlo

>If you wanna dress like a Jap, shop at GAP.

10/10

This. Fashionable Japanese shop at Uniqlo as well. A lot of teens also shop at Uniqlo's cheaper counterpart, G.U.

Uniqlo is just generic fast fashion literally the H&M of Japan. If it wasn't a Japanese brand it literally wouldn't be on the radar here. Thank weeaboos for that one... My 1992 Geo Tracker, the official car of Veeky Forums has been fashionable for 25 years... can your uniqlo say the same?

You don't even know what fast fashion means.

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it. I think I'll go for at least a down jacket then

this is what happens to most brands that try to scale their market to meet international demand
It can't be helped once the company reaches that size

This is why fast fashion gets shit on. It gets popular and grows at an uncontrollable pace that can't match quality standards

This is the part where I beg you to share your exclusive superior knowledge while you whirl more ad-hominems like a mentally retarded monkey without providing any rational counter argument.

There's a UNIQLO next to all the other fast fashion mall brands in major cities now. Undeniable fact.

>It's that good fitting skinny boy shit.
Not anyfucking more

They're fucking with the sizes. This was the main reason I liked this brand

this really but it used to even be better in terms of price:quality so you have some people complaining

it's funny how you seriously think you can sell these pieces of junk out of some obscure dealership in CA because you post about them on Veeky Forums

this site has no real value, there's a reason why it's never made big time ad revenue

>They're fucking with the sizes. This was the main reason I liked this brand
Fucking tell me.

I was furious about this,

I don't understand why everybody on Veeky Forums just makes retarded claims without giving any examples.

This is my experience with Uniqlo:

2012, Tokyo, Japan - denim, t-shirts and socks
2015, Taipei, Taiwan - chinos, t-shirts, dress shirts, socks
2015, Emeryville, California, USA - chambray shirt
2016, Manila, Philippines - chinos, shorts, t-shirts, dress shirts, socks, some Lemaire collab shit

On the quality: I'd say in general it's gotten better. The chinos are about the same. The socks I bought in 2012 are trash, but the recent cops are pretty good. The dress shirts are WAY better. The ones I bought last year are trash, while the one I bought this year are like REAL dress shirts. The stitching and construction are actually kinda impressive. Makes me excited for the future of mass production technology, tbqh. The T-shirts are the one thing that have gotten worse. The ones I bought in 2012 still fit and feel nice, while the recent cops shrunk after a couple washes.

On the fit: It's definitely gotten a little slimmer. The dress shirts went from a little boxy to perfect fit for me. I'll definitely have to size up t-shirts if I ever buy from them again, but I probably won't. The pants are exactly the same.

So I have really no fucking clue where this "hurr uniqlo has gotten cheaper and fatter" meme comes from.

If you have conflicting experiences, feel free to share them.

uniqlo seems very basic to me.

Marketing.

this
it's just super basic stuff.

the uniqlo in Ginza's pdank, connects right to cdg shit too

are you fried man?
you post the exact same sentence about your car in EVERY fucking thread.
jesus christ dude give it a fucking break.

You mean the one with the walkway into Dover Street? Boy calling that "cdg shit" really shows your taste

I'm a slut for play

dover street is cdg cocksucker central

>tfw shop at Target
>Massimo and Merino are fucking fine
>don't have any of the quality issues people are bawwing about in this thread

Why do you even spend the money, desu?

>Makes me excited for the future of mass production technology
depends on the mood of the bangladeshi sewstresses i guess

they're considered normal basics in japan, not trashy or anything at all like walmart

their new oversized t-shirts or "biggu t-shirt" are really nice

because I have the money, poorfag

>tfw excited for lemaire pieces next month

Looking to buy the wool pants. Are there any I can get for the same price or less (

Yeah I know, but that doesn't mean the stuff it carries is bad.

Boy you should really work on that

I've been buying their stuff since 2011 and it's definitely gotten worse in quality as they've gotten popular. I mean the quality of the materials, their designs are still good.

>instant coffee connoisseur

not even close fampai

Best place to buy mid tier clothes?

This is the part where I beg you to share your exclusive superior knowledge... etc.

You don't realize this applies to you too?
Seriously dude, Uniqlo doesn't seem to be going in that path neither is what OP said true, I've been to Japan too and am in a city with a decent number of Uniqlos and their stuff isn't dying off or becoming "mall tier"
We've all seen that happen, and come on, the evidence is staring me and the rest in the face, perhaps where you stay is saturated with "mall tier" clothes and that's why Uniqlo is where people are buying clothes, it's be a stupid waste of resources to place themselves away from what's accessible for people who are doing exactly what their business is involved in.

You're doing this fucking stupid thing where you instantly associate things with what's around them, and this is why you're such a fucking pleb that's constantly worried about what you surround yourself with and if things are turning into "mall tier" without real consideration for actual aesthetics.

If you live in LA I can hook you up with a staff discount

We'lp, I'm from NY

Here in London it is basically considered absolute dogshit, you're paying a bit more for Primark / low end Asos label shit

it's not