Skincare General

Skincare General

Everything related to skincare routines, products, acne, and grooming goes in here.

Wiki:
Skin care basics:tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment:tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids:skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen:skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles:skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

Veeky Forums skincare FAQ:
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

Last thread: Last thread was pretty good, lets make this one last, ey?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/fa/thread/S11587851#p11590791
drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83978
amazon.com/SolBar-Sunscreen-Liquid-SPF-Broad-Spectrum/dp/B0013NB5WK
tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403106
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257661/
niwa.co.nz/sites/niwa.co.nz/files/example_abstract_template_0.pdf
niwa.co.nz/sites/niwa.co.nz/files/import/attachments/McKenzie.pdf
elvex.com/UV A B.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So i might bite the bullet and buy a bunch of Paula's Choice and Cerasil products over the weekend.
I'm going for a bha exfoliant, a vitamin c serum, a moisturizer with sunscreen and a toner with retina.
With oily skin, should i add anything else? Are there any face masks or what not that could potentially help with oil control?

Aw fuck how can you tell if your pores are too stretched out, o have like 2 that aren't closing up after a month of switching exfoliants and cleansers.

gonna try to stockpile some $5 RetinA (buddy of mine lives near Mexico and offered to get it next time he's down there) for any anons that might want to buy it
I used to offer it but only have enough left for myself

Bump

I only have slightly oily skin so I can't help you out there. However, I purchase Paula's RESIST sunscreen and serum on the regular and I highly recommend them!

I believe she has some specific tips on her site for all different skin types.

Is there any way to slow down your lips from chapping? Mine are chapped/chapping every morning I wake up if not already by the night before

Put some Vaseline on your lips before bed.

I've been using Aquaphor lip repair, and I often have to apply it twice a day

DRINK MORE WATER

reposting in the new thread
some backstory:
I finished accutane 6 month course like a year ago, mostly cured all my acne, left some scars that are healing, sometimes i get random breakouts and i just used to use sudocrem on them, should i move to Benzoyl Peroxide to use on single, random spots?

Also is Benzacne which contains
5% Benzoili peroxydum a good product for treating random breakouts?

Get yourself some oil absorption pads to use throughout the day if your problem areas start getting a bit greasy.
A side not with the BHA, you've really got to be dedicated to your routine or else it will be ineffective, the exfoliant is only as good as your worst product.

wtf facial sunscreens are fucking expensive, I go through that shit so fast.

Don't mean to shill my face but

On the lower areas of my cheeks and on my neck underneath my chin my skin has gone to complete shit and it's been this way for a while, a lot of acne/scars and irritation, the rest of my skin is smoother but around these areas it's a little more coarse and easily noticeable

help

I usually wash my face twice a day with light soap and a exfoliating and cleaning wipes but nothing seems to work. Although my selection of products isn't very extensive (at all) How fucked am I? It's the worse on the neck especially, almost covers it from the chin to collar bone.

camera quality is shitty but you can see it on the sides

I use Japanese ones because they have spf50 PA++++ and aren't greasy, plus they're pretty cheap on eBay. People say they don't have enough antioxidants/actives but I get those from my serums and moisturizer anyway.

How many times a day it is acceptable to wash your face?

OP says grooming so I'm assuming this goes ITT.

Any tips on how I can improve my facial hair? I'm not sure how I should groom it, as I'm planning on letting it grow a bit longer since I don't like how sparse it is on the sides.

PROTIP for acne: cut out dairy
thank me later

is soy milk and greek yogurt okay?

Answering some questions from the previous thread here.
Benzoylis Peroxidum is the Polish translation for Benzoyl Peroxide, so I'm guessing that product (or yourself) is Polish.
This solution is at a 10% concentration, but I believe you then went on to say that actually the one you are using is a 5% concentration. If your dermatologist recommended the use of this, then, by all means, continue using it. If they didn't and you are looking for a product to deal with breakouts, try starting at 2.5% BP, because it, at that concentration, gives more or less the same benefit without any excess irritation from the higher concentration. If you find that it does nothing, then go on to purchase a 5% solution. As for the application, BP should ideally be used as an all-over treatment, because it significantly helps both active and non-active pimples. As in, it prevents new ones from appearing.

Dry, red skin is a sign of irritation. If it's a persistent symptom, then it could be a product which is doing this to your skin, or it could simply be the natural state of your skin. Either way, look through your current skincare routine and weed out any potential irritants (artifical fragrance and colour are typical) that could be doing this. Consider introducing a toner which aims to address both redness and dehydration.

I don't really know how to address insomnia as I've had to experience with it, but definitely try the things the other user said and if there aren't any significant results, see a GP.

Did you go to the hospital at all? You could have damaged nerves or small bones which might results in permanently facial scarring. You need to seek professional advice immediately.

Is soy milk dairy? Is Greek yogurt dairy? How dense are you

Did you mean Retinol for your toner? I wasn't aware you could get Retin A in a toner. Anyway, for oily skin you should consider the toner from Paula's Choice labelled 'Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner' as it aims to treat both hydration issues and redness.
As I've said before, have a look at PCs 'Shine Stopper'. I use it and it pretty much stopped me from labelling my skin as combination because I no longer get oily. It's more or a less a make-up primer that soaks up oil over the day and stops your skin from appearing 'shiny'. As well, frequent use of a clay mask (i.e. 2-3 times a week) can also help reduce oil production. If you're still looking at PC, when you buy one of their other products, add 2 or 3 samples (1 just isn't enough) for their mask labelled 'Skin Balancing Oil-Absorbing Mask' and try it out. Otherwise there are heaps of other companies that make them, so consider switching them after after you finish using them.

You shouldn't be switching exfoliants/cleansers or any less than 2 months, because you need to give your skin time to adjust and see if they really are making a difference (ignore that if they give significant negative side effects). To answer your first question, it's a subjective matter. Do you think your pores are too large? If so, continue a consistent routine and consider adding chemical exfoliation (if you don't already do so) instead of physical because it's far more effective yet gentle for the face. If you are already using a BHA exfoliant (like that of stridex pads), consider adding an AHA exfoliant which is more targeted to surface blemishes and all over tone.

Hey there, I tried their Skin-Balancing sunscreen but it just burned slightly after application (I believe from the type of spf it uses) and left a white cast that didn't really dimish over the day, so I stopped using it. How does PCs Resist sunscreens compare? Have you found any burning? Does it leave a white cast?

Drinking water will certainly help any symptoms of dehydration, chapped lips being a known one. If you're already applying a product like Aquaphor lip repair (very reliable) at night as well as during the day, it could be that that particular product isn't right for you. The next time you run out, try out a different brand which uses a different approach to dealing with dry lips (e.g. you could benefit from beeswax in a product, so try Burt's Bees lip balm etc.).

Hi there I answered your question from the previous thread :)

If you're using just a single 'pump' of a product (or whatever it recommends on the back), then it should last at least a month, possibly even more if you are using hydrating toners and/or serums in your daily moisteriser. It's possible that you're finding that your spf moisteriser isn't moisterising enough, so try different brands until you find something that suits you.

Right down the whole names of the products you're using, or better yet, make a flow chart of the products you use. A 'light soap' could imply you're using an actual soap (BIG no-no) as opposed to a cleanser. Exfoliating could imply physical or chemical, we need to know which and what type. Are you using cleaning wiped instead of cleansing your face? Are you using them for makeup removal? What brand/type are they?
You really need to be more specific with what you're using. It's difficult for us to help when we have to do a lot of guess-work.

Twice is normal, once is probably not enough and three times is arguably too many.

Soy milk does not contain dairy because it's derived from soy and not milk. Greek yoghurt does count as dairy because it's made from milk, unless the product specifies otherwise.

So do I wash my face in the mornings after I wake up and in the evening when I am about to go to sleep, or should I do it differently? I'm sorry if these questions come off as really dumb, I just want to be sure and that's all.

What's the optimal temperature for water? I normally wash my face with somewhat cool water.

I've been drinking so much water I pee about 10 times a day

You give kind of bad advice. I would stop.

Where do I even begin? those spots come from when I shave, which is why I don't like shaving daily, or else I'd be covered in them. The blackheads on my nose are my biggest issue, as they're there 100% of the time. I was my face daily and tried those strips, they didn't work.

I am 23 years old and never kissed a girl.

tfw all blemishes disappear and skin completely clears out after few days of drinking and cocaine but I cannot maintain such lifestyle

If you look like the right side of ops pic, what do you do fix it and turn into the left side?

Yes, that's exactly right. Ideally, wash your face in the morning before going outside so too avoid sun damage. Wash your face again at night and make use of serums and other heavy products like retinol because they have more uninterrupted time to soak in. As for the optimal temperature, there is a lot of controversy. Some people say you should wash your face in warm/very warm water to 'open' pores and then just a couple splashes of cold water to 'close' them. Some people say lukewarm water is best because it's less irritating and doesn't 'dry out' your skin (though if you're moisterising right after, that's really not an issue). Take your pick and experiment, change it after 2 months of doing the same thing and see if it made a difference.

Are you this user? If so, I don't know what else to tell you buddy. Consider switching up your products because you might find specific ingredients more beneficial to you than others. Otherwise go see a dermatologist.

What specifically, is 'bad advice'? Everything I've said is based on fact or my own personal experience barred shortly by a 'but everyone is different' approach.

Shaving is definitely a very irritating process and can sometimes lead to acne because of this. These could also be ingrown hairs, but I would treat them the same way. If your shaving routine is simply using a foam and then a cheap razor, that's probably why. Consider using a preshave oil like "Old Taylor of Bond Street" (the one without the fragrance preferably, although it only sits on your face for a few minutes) and letting it soak in (I do ~10 mins) followed by a moisterising shaving foam or gel (Nivea does a nice one) and letting that sit for a minutes before shaving. Also, shaving after showering is really beneficial or, if you shave when you don't shower, try soaking a small towel in hot watter and holding it against your face for a few minutes before going on to shave.

Cocaine? Because it's expensive? Yeah I guess. Skincare can be a massive expense but when you consider how much confidence you gain from clear skin and how much it can affect your everyday life, especially if you had bad skin before (compliments etc.). There are definitely affordable skincare choices, and doing anything is better than nothing. Water is very cheap and drinking plenty a day really helps most people, so keep that up. Skincare wise, do some research and find 'dupes' of popular products. Last thread someone said something about a dupe for a CeraVe moisterising lotion that was cheap and effective, that sort of thing.

I'm pretty certain that OPs pic is from an ad (i.e. not real), in which case what makes her look like that is makeup and photoshop.

>Take your pick and experiment, change it after 2 months of doing the same thing and see if it made a difference.
Thank you, this is very solid advice. I might report in after a while to let people ITT know if there is a difference at all.

>Benzoylis Peroxidum is the Polish translation for Benzoyl Peroxide, so I'm guessing that product (or yourself) is Polish.

brilliant! we would never have guessed

I work at a skin care store named kiehls, hit me with some questions or product recommendations (pic related, me without makeup)

Some person was saying that the name is gibberish or something and I wanted to clarify that it was simply not English, sorry if that came off rude/condescending.

I've heard of kiehls, I used to use one of their eye moisterisers (avocado oil, tiny pot, really expensive) but I found that it did moisterise but not really anything else (I think I bought it because of some YouTubers recommendation haha). Do you guys do a daytime moisteriser with spf?

I have very sensitive skin and using actually anything. I have some pimples but I deal with them by using small amounts of tea tree oil. I need a get rid of blackheads and some strange red stains.
What should I do? Right now, I only use a soap and tea tree oil.

routine?

Blackheads and red spots can be reduced/fixed with chemical exfoliation. Consider introducing either BHA (more effective for pimples and skin overall) or AHA (more effective for surface damage) chemical exfoliation in order to counteract the problems you have. Also, you said you use soap, do you mean a cleanser or are you actually using soap to clean your face? If you are, you need to invest in a well-formulated cleanser which gently yet effectively removes dirt and oil without drying or irritating the skin. Bar and pump soaps are deigned to be used on the body and are not gentle on the skin, this could be the source of your irritation (or, at least, doesn't help).

are there any producst that actually slow down aging or help with wrinkles?

Is there a natural and safe way to shrink pores and scarring? I'm trying out the potato juice method and so far it just makes my skin feel cleaner and soft to the touch

I'll probably choose BHA then, what % should I get? Are there any moisturizers and sunscreens you could recommend?
Regarding your question, the soap i use is supposed to be used on face.

Yes, the creamy eye avocado treatment. That eye cream is specifically made for hydration and doesn't have any anti-aging factors to it, it's just an introductory eye cream. Did the video say that it helped with anything other than moisture?
We have two antiaging moisturizer's that come with SPF as well as a regular moisturizer with SPF. We're currently waiting for the launch of one of our top selling moisturizers (ultra facial cream)with an SPF, it should be released before the year ends (at least we hope)

There are plenty of products, both over-the-counter as well as prescribed that deal with anti-aging. The cheapest and best anti-aging product is suncreen. Use it every. single. day. Rain, hail or shine. Winter or summer. And don't just use it on your face, your neck, decollete, hands, and anything exposed to sunlight is at risk.
If you already do this, then you need to look for more options and be wary, because some of them get really expensive. Most people start off with some sort of Retinol (Vitamin A) treatment, whether it be a moisteriser, serum or prescribed treatment. From there, there are more targetted treatments like fine-line minimisers which aim to fill the lines and make the area more supple. Products that contain collagen-stimulating ingredients are also beneficial, but be careful that they don't actual just contain collagen, because that, in a product applied to the face, does nothing.
The biggest thing you need to be aware of when purchasing anti-aging (or any) products is that they aren't jar-packaged. Or, if they are, they have a resealable lid (but better yet, they aren't pot-sealed). This is because exposing the product to oxygen severely damages most anti-aging ingredients and the product essentially becomes an expensive moisteriser over time.

DIY and at-home skincare is and can never be as effective as well-formulated skincare. Well-formulated skincare is also always 'safe' provided you're using it correctly, so that's not an issue. If you're struggling with scarring, large pores and/or acne, you need to seriously consider well-formulated skincare instead of typically ineffective at-home methods.

The standard is 2%, quite simply. Some companies also do 4% weekly or bi-weekly doses because they are more intense and probably shouldn't be used anymore than once or twice a week.

I think she said it helped her with dark circles, but now that I'm looking at it on the website, it's definitely not supposed to do that. I've had a look at the night and day dark eye circle-specific treatments and I might buy them the next time I purchase an eye treatment and see if it makes a difference. The products I am looking at specifically are 'Midnight Recovery Eye' and 'Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Protector SPF 14', what are your thoughts on them and do or someone you know have any experience with them?

thanks, do you have any products you could recommend?

nice camera man.
your beard looks good 10/10 nothing to improve about. Not sure on how to groom it since I don't grow a beard.

Are you the user asking about the 2% BHA? If so, I would highly recommend Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA liquid. It's one of their most purchased exfoliants and the reason why Veeky Forums probably knows about the brand. If you're one of the other anons, let me know which haha

not him but ill look at this bha thing too, im a (girl) so i dont want minimize aging eventhough its up to genetics and cant be stopped

*do want to

I've personally never used the dark circle perfector, it should help with the white birch and peony but one of the main active ingridients is titanium dioxide so it's more like sunscreen for the eyes. Midnight recovery eye is definitely good for dark circles, it says puffiness as well but I feel it's mostly just dark circles. If you wanted something for lines/wrinkles as well as dark circles, I would go with powerful strength line-reducing eye brightening concentrate.

Is l'Occitane good or no? I need some kind of a moisturiser.

Oh okay, probably mention which person you were haha For aging or anything really I'd recommend Paula's Choice. And I know I've been called out for supporting them but they're honestly so freakin good. If you're only young and getting into anti-aging just make sure you're using sunscreen. If you're late 20s early 30s, then I'd definitely go for something with Retinol in it. You can get stronger stuff from a dermatologist, but as over-the-counter goes and for the price, Paula's Choice is my go to.

Yeah I did think it was more just sunscreen for the eyes, I'll probably try it on its own and see if it does anything for my dark circles otherwise I might just use the nighttime one. They're genetic, so I know they're never going away, but I can at least try haha

Makeup brands like L'Occitane typically are a no-go for skincare. They typically contain irritating ingredients like colour and frsgrance so that the product looks good. They also are usually pot-set, again, to look good and as I said earlier, pot-set products lose their effectiveness over time. Probably start with something that is free of colour or fragrance and won't block pores (non-comedonegenic). Go with something relatively drugstore to begin with, because these use very basic yet effective ingredients. I'd recommend Neutrogena, Nivea, CeraVe etc.

thanks i will try to remember the sunscreen everyday tip

It's great to have you here. Could be superb improvements to the threads.

>I don't like how sparse it is

I wrote a guide on beard gains here:
warosu.org/fa/thread/S11587851#p11590791

Also consider biotin, as well as your blood pressure/possible heart conditions if doing minox. I wouldn't offer any other style advice than clean-shaven, a 5 o'clock shadow, a short trim like what you have now, and a well-groomed full beard.

This is so interesting and I have absolutely no explanation for this. It did remind me of this thread though, about how some people get really clear skin after MDMA use:
drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83978

It's not really preferable since it's so neurotoxic, though. If you're going to keep using cocaine, remember to find some without levamisole and other shit in it.

Nerve damage and bone damage doesn't really affect the skin that much. What causes the greatest amount of collagen deposits and various scarring issues are related to the severity of the actual trauma to the layer of the skin, and the resulting healing time.

Seconding the sunscreen and Retin-A, but sunscreens are generally not needed during Nov-Feb if you live in Germany/UK/Northern Canada or further north. Check the FAQ for info on how the sun accelerates the aging of the skin. Other treatments include botox (to prevent wrinkles forming), fillers, microneedling, different kinds of dermabrasion, peels, and lasers.

Blue herbal gel cleanser
Alcohol free cucumber toner
Iris extract essence
Hydroplump retexturizing serum
Midnight recovery concentrate (night only)
Creamy eye avacado treatment
Ultra facial moisturizer
St. Ives apricot scrub (only 2-3 times a week)

Well in the future you could try the line reducing eye brightening concentration. It's made with 10.5% stable vitamin c so it's the most you can get over the counter without a prescription. We use vitamin c rather than retinal cause it produces the same results, just geared more towards sensitive skin

But there's like vitamin C serums at 20% and 24% or something for sale in many countries

But are they stable? Stable activated vitamin c serums must me in an airtight dark brown container. There are serums in the us have a higher percentage of vitamin c but the difference is that they aren't stable, meaning the potency will decrease over time

Could you recommend some products for scarring and/or large pores?

>but sunscreens are generally not needed during Nov-Feb if you live in Germany/UK/Northern Canada or further north
I'd still advise the use of a moisteriser with at least spf 15 because sunlight can still damage skin even when it's overcast/not bright due to weather.

I'd probably rather go for something that focuses more on dark circles rather than fine lines (although, that also wouldn't be too bad) because it's my main concern ATM. What benefits does that have over the nighttime eye cream I mentioned before?

I also use Paula's Choice 15% Vitamin C serum which is definitely airtight however, it's in a dark orange container (but I store it in a cupboard so hopefully that's not too big of an issue). Maybe the next time I buy Vitamin C in a product, I'll consider a brand that uses the appropriate packaging.

For both large pores and scarring as well as acne and redness, consider introducing a BHA exfoliant such as Paula's Choice Skin-Perfecting 2% BHA which is their best selling product because of its success at doing these things without irritation.

bought hydroquinone 4%, anyone tried it before for skin whitening?

nice tips on shaving, really didnt know much about it.

I just got a sun freckle I'm guessing because of how tan I got this summer, this has sparked me to want to actively care for my skin. I just use cetaphil on my face in the shower right now, if I start moisturizing and using a UV blocker is that pretty much the best I can do?

I found this guy
amazon.com/SolBar-Sunscreen-Liquid-SPF-Broad-Spectrum/dp/B0013NB5WK
seems like it would be more tolerable than putting sun screen on all the time. is there any problem that it's alcohol based?

Current routine:
L'Oreal Men taurine shower gel, charcoal facewash and eye roll on in the mornings.
Nivea moisturiser in the evenings.
Lava mud face mask once a week.

What am I missing out/doing wrong?

Also what shampoo to go for?

Person with normal skin.

How to get rid of these acne scars, I had really bad acne during 17-19 years old now I'm scarred. I'm considering laser removal

Does retinol product slow your ageing while you are using it or does it just mitigate signs?
I.e. if I use it for ten years then stop, will I look better at 60 than if I had never used it?
Is it worth geting into in your 20s?

On a whim, I started using cocoa butter. Seems like it makes me sweat less.

Is matte sunscreen better on oily skin ? Any recommended products ?

Other than the acne you have it doesn't look that bad, if you wear sunscreen and exfoliate you will look good after a while. don't stress over small imperfections, def not as small as what you got

My nose is almost always bright red. I thought it was allergies, but antihistamines and corticosteroids don't do anything. How can I reduce the redness?

What products should i use for skin that is both oily and dry to the point of peeling and flaking off in the winter, along with mild acne. please help

This shit is amazing if anyones looking for a good moisturizer. Always had red cheeks and uneven skin tone and it completely changed that. Made my skin brighter and its moisturizing, god level

how do i get rid of this shit? its ruining my life and i just wanna tear my face off at this point

I've been prescribed Dalacin T the liquid solution and I've been using it twice a day recently. Just today I wanted to try it out with sudocrem so I waited for the solution to dry then applied sudocrem on the active spots, do you think this is a good idea?

Asking this as well, what to do about nose blackheads? Are they even blackheads or just big visible pores? I tried the sticky nose strip as well and it did wonders the first time I used it but did absolutely nothing every subsequent time, no matter how much time had passed. Exfoliating products just made my nose red and dry, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Pore reducer creams I've tried kinda work a little bit but not much.

>tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics

stridex red box and youre good

>actually start working out for once
>skin gets irritated by the sweat
>wherever I shave blows up with red bumps
kill me

Have you checked for rosacea? Nose + cheeks are the most common starting spots for it.

Extreme dryness is countered with moisturizers. Heavier ones in the nighttime, lighter in the daytime. Mild acne is countered as per directions in the FAQ, for example.

>sunlight can still damage skin even when it's overcast/not bright due to weather

Yes, but the thing is that we simply aren't getting enough UV radiation for it to be harmful at our latitudes during the winter parts of the year. This includes UV reflected from eventual snow and such. Check this:

>In the winter half-year indoor workers received a negligible UV dose from solar exposure in Denmark and needed no UV precautions. No UV precautions are needed from November to February during holidays to latitudes above 45 degrees N, while precautions are needed the whole year around at lower latitudes.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403106

What happens is pretty much this:
>Solar zenith angle (season and latitude) have a substantial impact on UVB radiation. At low solar zenith angles, photons must travel longer distances through the ozone layer, increasing the probability of absorption. There is also an enhanced possibility of interaction with air molecules, leading to absorption or scattering back into space, thus effectively attenuating UV radiation

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257661/

In the following texts you can read about how even Australia and NZ has issues with /too low/ levels of UV radiation during your winters, as it impacts vitamin D levels. You'll probably notice how increased skin melanin levels (and therefore sun protection) will actually be a bad thing.

niwa.co.nz/sites/niwa.co.nz/files/example_abstract_template_0.pdf
niwa.co.nz/sites/niwa.co.nz/files/import/attachments/McKenzie.pdf

Best there is. Have you compared it to Cetaphil? I've tried both but I like CeraVe more.

can you please give me an example of a lighter/heavier moisturizer? thank you

It's a possibility, but I'm unsure about that. I mean, I use clindamyacin phosphate in the morning and EpiDuo at night. Wouldn't those resolve that sort of problem?

If you guys continue to be a part of these threads, everyone on this board will actually make it lol

This is kind of major.

My upper lip becomes crazy dry and flaky during warm, humid weather. People tell me it isn't that bad or noticeable but honestly I look in the mirror and it almost looks like a little white moustache some days. I tend to grow stubble to hide this fact.

I have tried every moisturising cream for dry skin available at my local healthcare store but it doesn't seem to help. It's only just started within the past year but I'm 20 and this feels like some puberty type shit.

Has anybody experienced anything similar? Or anyone who can provide me with some advice or products I should consider using?
pic isn't me, mine isn't exactly like this but very similar.

>shower
>African black soap
>black head remover
>indian healing clay + matcha + charcoal
>wash off

lotion with AHA in it

go to dermatologist.

Bumping

it feels as though i always break out after a couple of days after drinking alcohol. anyone else noticed that?
also, does anyone know if xanax affects skin in any way?

Guys someone please help me out. I have really puffy dark eyes. It always looks as though I'm tired. I sleep properly every night, go to bed early, wake up early. I workout, do cardio and my body fat is about 12%. I eat healthy. Yet my face looks tired and has no glow. Pic related my eyes. Please help me

What can I do to get paler skin?

Rub cum

>UVB radiation
it's not the UVB rays the ones damaging and ageing the skin. It's UVA. And whilst it's true that at latitudes lower than 45°N have little to no UVB (usually investigated since it's necessary for Vitamin D production, and darker pigmentation), it's almost irrelevant as per aging goes.
So yes, in winter non-indoor activities can damage your skin with no UVB benefits. Sadly the first paper refers to UVB as "UV", that's incorrect. All the UV spectrum (and the whole light spectrum) is filtered, but UVB is the only component that is filtered so much to be negligible. UVC is the UV component that it's always almost completely filtered, UVB is the component that is completely filtered out when the sun reaches some SZA, UVA is the UV component that always makes its way to the ground (more filtered when the sun is low on the horizon, but still).

Never use SPF as an indicator of anti-aging. SPF protects only against burning, and burning _per se_ is not aging. It's way worse to receive a bunch of UVA radiation without UVB burning and alerting you.

About SZA, UVA and UVB this is a primer
>elvex.com/UV A B.pdf

>that at latitudes lower than 45°N have little to no UVB
(in winter)
>aging
*ageing

I got chicken pox about a month ago and it leave me several nasty scars on my face, somebody know something to get rid of them?

See this

Can I use a piece of TP or my fingers or something to apply liquid exfoliant? I'm a guy I don't have fucking cotton

Cleansing in the shower is fine, but you'll probably find that doing it in a sink will be more beneficial because you'll focus more on cleansing properly, also try using a wash cloth (face towel etc.) with warm water and your cleanser for a much more efficient cleanse (maybe just do it at night though, because some people find that cleansing too thoroughly morning and night can be irritating). Using a sunscreen daily will definitely benefit the skin (for ageing mostly but also to stop the sun from preventing your skin from healing itself), however, the product you listed has alcohol in it which is an irritant that some people find to severely dry out the skin, and it generally shouldn't be in any skincare product.

I haven't looked specifically at your face wash, however it says that it foams and also it's by L'oreal which is better known for make-up rather than skincare because they frequently contain irritants to make the product look/smell better. Consider investing in a well-formulated cleanser which gently yet effectively removes oil, dirt and make-up without irritating the skin. The eye roll, however, contains Vitamin C and caffeine which are both (not sure on caffeine) products that lighten skin (thereby reduce eye circles), so I would keep using that. In terms of skincare, you are missing a lot. You are missing a toner, chemical exfoliant (or any exfoliant), BP (if you have acne) or other acne-fighting product as well as a daily moisteriser with spf in it. The same advice I gave before probably applies to your face mask, though I'm not sure because you didn't list the brand. As for a shampoo, you want whatever is supposed to help your hair (and scalp). If your hair/scalp are dry, or you get dandruff, go for Head and Shoulders (conditioner too), as they are GOAT for this problem. As for oiliness, most shampoos help with this but some are especially good. In order to prevent oiliness, you should be shampooing and conditioning (cont.)

Alright you niggers I will pull the trigger on some products. What do you suggest on someone with oily skin and acne? My routine atm is non existent I just wash in the morning and at night with fragrance free olive oil soap.
I'm guessing Paula's Choice shit? How many products do I need? A wash, a moisturizer and sunscreen? Wouldn't the sunscreen make my oily face look even worse? How do I get rid of the acne?

Le Petit Marseillais shampoo does wonders for my hair. My hair used to be oily in the morning if I showered @ night now I can even go even 2-3 days and still not have oily hair.

Bumping, any help is appreciated

(cont.) a maximum of twice a week which is enough to keep the hair naturally healthy without stripping it of its natural oils. You can tell a good shampoo, by, when you use it in your hand, it should be soft, and when you apply it to your hair, it shouldn't lather too much, because then it probably contains Sodium Lauryl Sulphate which is a known irritant. Go for sulphate-free products which won't dry out the hair excessively also.

Before you consider Laser, which can be very expensive. Definitely consider chemical exfoliation which, over time, significantly reduces and removes scarring as well as dealing with uneven tone and acne (active and non-active). You could benefit from both BHA and AHA usage, but BHA is typically what most people go for, as AHA only deals with surface damage (BHA does both). You skin will naturally heal itself, but using a well-formulated skincare routine consistently, you will see results. Just thought of it, but also use a sunscreen daily to prevent sun damage and stop the sun from stopping your skins natural healing processes.

The answer to your question is yes. If you start using Retinol now, you will look 100 times better than if you didn't at say, 60. Retinol does both, it slows down the ageing process (of skin obviously) and, if used consistently and with a good skincare regime, will reverse the appearance of aging skin. It is worth getting into as early as possible because it can also fight acne and other things that a lot of teens face (pun intended).

I think you'll find DJ Khaled fully recommends the use of Dove shower products, and I would fully agree with him.

Yes. Products labelled matte typically contain ingredients that absorb excess facial oil or prevent its production in some way. I use an oil-free Neutrogena day time moisteriser with spf 15 and it being oil-free means that I'm not producing excessive oil, so my skin looks better at the end of the day. (cont.)