If the middle-east and North Africa were never Arabized/Islamized would it be a lot better than it is now...

If the middle-east and North Africa were never Arabized/Islamized would it be a lot better than it is now? Would a Christian Middle East have flourished post 1600s the way Europe did?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cDGlN6mluGA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wouldn't bet on it.

Eastern Europe was also Christian, and they didn't do nearly as well.

It seems that whatever happened in Western Europe to propel them to greatness, it was a particularly unique phenomenon.

I'm personally betting on republics.

No. No . No

The Middle East isn't poor because of religion. Remember whites law of energy before you start oozing out stupidity.

What religion they followed really doesn't matter.

Hmmmm .... Thats curious.

Berbers civilization were a bit similar to Arabs but Roman West North Africa was very Romanized in the urban regions. It would have most likely become a Spain or an Italy and maybe more prosperous due to its agriculture capacity.

Egypt was too literate a culture to Romanize or Hellenize proper. I'm guessing Orthodox Christianity would have given the region a Byzantine-esque cultural dynamic but the Pre-Roman Egyptian culture was alive and well, so who knows.

Somalia would be a superpower

You've fapped to this at least once, haven't you?

How is Somalia middle eastern?

If it's Islam then that makes Mali, Chad, Niger, Gambia, Senegal, Guinea, and all of the East African coast MENA

They are part of the Arab League.

They don't exactly look west african and they speak arabic in certain areas .

>republics.

That's not how you write colonialism user.

I feel like this post represents a misunderstanding of the fact that Araby didnt flourish like Europe because of Islam, it faltered because of an overextended Ottoman empire. If the Arab world happened to be successfully christianized and Islam somehow managed to not develop, I'm sure the only thing that would have changed is that when the Ottomans conquered Constantinople they would keep the Hagia Sophia as a Christian temple.

But they're not considered Arabs by anyone

And a nigger is still a nigger

Right? I always wished to see a parallel universe history where that existed just to see the odd mix if uniquely egyptian, greco-roman/pseudo byzantine cultures, mixed with koptic christianity and perhaps some ethiopian orthodoxy or judaism? Who knows...

They snackbar like Arabs.

Really, what you get with Somalia is the worst of both worlds.

What in the goddamn-

They might have turned out worse, at least through the Middle Ages. No telling how colonialism would have turned out, if there even would have been a dynamic, advanced Western Europe in this scenario. The plagues of the 6th-8th centuries would have decimated the urban centers no matter what, and instead of a culturally unified movement of nomad tribes who urbanized you might have had distinct Berber, Arab, Iranic, and Turkic migrations that turn the region into a redux of post-WRE Europe with its Germanic and Slavic groups.

>I'm personally betting on republics.
Republic of Pisa, Republic of Novgorod, Icelandic commonwealth, Pskov republic

They are caucasian niggers

Outside the peninsula proper, being an Arab is more or less the same as being Latino, it's much more of a linguistic group then an ethnicity or a race

youtube.com/watch?v=cDGlN6mluGA

Easterm europe had its own sets of problems (Balkans had Turks, Russia and Ukraine had were too huge and rural, Poland was marred by retarded government (not so bad still) and by catastophes in 17th and 18th century, while Bohemia and Hungary (unitl Turkish invasion) were by no standard backwards).
Western Africa was relatively peacefull, and if they were christian, if anything, it would make trade and diplomacy with christian monarchs much easier.