I'm a surgeon and i wear sneakers to the OR. The problem is that blood always seeps through the mesh...

I'm a surgeon and i wear sneakers to the OR. The problem is that blood always seeps through the mesh. I'm looking for some comfy (affordable) shoes that don't let that happen. I'm looking at boots like this but cheaper. Any good suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

kmart.com/athletech-men-s-keaton-aqua-sock-black/p-035B014039290001P?plpSellerId=Kmart&prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Boots in an OR? You're fucking ridiculous.

the only time crocs are acceptable

>ONLY
key word.

Get crocs. Easy to slip on and sanitize. You're a dingus if you get leather boots for the OR.

Wear a pair of Shoes For Crews slip on loafers. Dont buy anything witg laces as liquid will seep in.
t. Dishwasher whom has avoided burns on feet

Get a pair of Crocs or Birkis or some other rubber clog. You'll be safer and more comfortable than you would be in any pair of boots. You can also toss them in the dish washer to disinfect.

lol. is this a joke? youre going to go into surgery wearing wolverine 1000 mile boots, selvedge jeans, a waxed beard and a chore coat? "american workwear" surgeon?

You should bet wearing a slip-resistant water proof shoe you dumb ass. How do you get through medical school without knowing this? Christ I'm sure you had to work food in high school growing up where it's the same concept.

Maybe he's re-enacting Civil War surgery.

I hope not, though.

you'd be surprised how often people wear boots cause they're comfy. I don't want expensive shit like pic related, but apparently people like it, so I figure I'd at least look into it.

You will need slip resistant soles if you are working in a hospital. You also sound like a complete moron.

good idea thinking that leather will help
I recommend something that breaths better instead
Either crocs or gore-tex sneakers will work

if you look at OSHA dress codes they're very clear that if you are exposed to blood-borne pathogens you have to wear shoes with a leather upper....it's a delicate balance for someone standing in place for long periods of time

I put autoclave bags over my shoes*.

*i don't.

All jokes aside, you should probably get a pair of danskos for men. They're leather, very comfy and supportive, easy on and off. I see tons of doctors and nurses wearing them.

>surgeon
>cheaper

do you even KNOW how offensive that is

Why did you emphasize 'know'? Makes no sense and sounds retarded tbqh

bruh, just get all white UBs and let them get stained to death
insane fucking surgeon steeze

Waterproof Chucks? Waterproof and you can get them in red so the blood doesn't show. Might still have some getting through the eyelets though.

By the way, 1st year med student here. I have a looooong way to go, but how's surgery? How crazy good do you have to be with your hands? What were your board scores like?

have you heard of leather sneakers? use them, they're awesome

If I was getting surgery and my surgeon was wearing fucking sneakers or red wings I would be out of there in a flash

I'm a surgeon as well and always wear dessert boots in the OR.. nurses think I'm psycho...
What kind of Surgeon are you?

mark mcnairy made a colab with some rainwwear company.

It was a good looking boot that was completely waterproof.

Upper made of some kind of rubber/plastic but didnt look cheap.

Try and find those.

EMT and firefighter boots are usually built with blood in mind.

I hear what a lot of EMTs like to wear these days is Redback boots.

yeah but they don't stand in place for hours...not the same thing
I don't think a surgeon could wear lug soles for too long, man

you wouldn't know cuz OR staff generally walk around in shoe covers

ED RN here. I love my Dansko's. They get a lot of shit and blood on them and they clean easy. Theyre also comfy as hell. My feet never feel sore after a shift.

>yeah but they don't stand in place for hours

Well that's part of why they supposedly like the redbacks. Easy on their feet. I'm not sure if normal redbacks actually have anything special for blood.

Like youd really give a shit. One of the best docs I work with in the ED wears these fuckers when hes running traumas like a boss.

ER doctors are weird
half are ex military, or act as such
the other half are hippies

I'm a serial killer and I have the same problem, thanks for your answers

First time I was in an OR the nurse told me off for wearing normal office shoes. She surprised me so all I could think to say was "Are you sure?" She didn't like that and I had to go back to the changing room and borrow some slippers.

Do not wear those boots to OT you will look like a fag. I always think guys that wear leather boots with scrubs look like tools and are trying too hard. Get some cheap water shoes form kmart, good for standing all day as they are minimal and blood can be wiped off. like these:
kmart.com/athletech-men-s-keaton-aqua-sock-black/p-035B014039290001P?plpSellerId=Kmart&prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1
Or buy a leather sneaker like af1 or stan smiths that blood can be wiped off of.