post boots & general outdoor wear inspo

Olbigatory Danner post

>hiking in Clarks Originals

JUST

BLISTER

My time to shine
1/?

2/?

These are my go-to boots for any functional wear. I haven't looked into boots for fashion as of yet, but these work like a charm as long as there's a sock to protect your shins.

3/?

guss i just had 4

thank you for your contribution user

>guss i just had 4
Dis nigga. Getting us all hyped and shit for a dump

cotton kills

okay thats all I have

is norway the most Veeky Forums country?

>hiking in fashion gear

l m a o

pic related best boot

We have been doing few fall trips with a friend to a forrest, some minor hiking, picking berries and mushrooms etc.
Kinda jelly about his shoes, though the pictures don't really make them that appealing. His are bit beat and I really dig the slim shaft and bulky bottom of these.
All that being said function > form, if it's dry and the place isn't too rough or long, plain sneakers or hiking sneakers are great.

For the love of god, please don't take suede Balmain boots hiking.

>but that boot is Veeky Forums as fuck

OP just said post boots & general outdoors stuff. I just posted anything that fits the bill, practical or not. You are right, it would be a good way to ruin a nice pair of boots

butt ugly, but functionality & comfort A++

I've got these, they have no grip in the wet

Dat joint, nnngggh.

MY

RECTUM

get proper hiking boots

in some cases function is over form. sports, hiking etc. are good examples of this. unless your hike is like 5 kilometers...

im suprised people havent shit up the thread with hipster stuff like topo and patagonia yet

4u

how the hell is patagonia "hipster stuff"?

They brought back their retro-x and patterned snap fleece. Obviously that makes them hipster, like how North Face is hypebeast because they worked with Supreme.

Come on, user.

Thought I had more, guess it's on my PC.

well have a look at their catalog, ok mate? they cater to frat boys and hipsters now, if you werent aware. they used to make actual solid outdoor outdoor products. now they make trucker hats, skinny jeans, "chambray" work shirts and the like.

w2c

>be Veeky Forums on the trails
NO.
wtf are you even doing, you're just being silly.

>most recognized outdoor brand since dawn of time
>functional clothing designed for practicality first
>hipster
>nicemaymay.jpg2000

GOrka 3 sexy af

Don't ask on Veeky Forums what to wear to hiking, ask /out/.

damn w2c that sweet sweater

I'm a guy so the background one

Kneepads, makes giving blowjobs a breeze

Fjallraven

danke

ITT: people go hiking to look good

hahahaha

malis? sure way to slip and fucking die

tf is this scientology shit

lol nah not /outdoor/, its just that my dude is at a festival

comfy

finally! an actual action post!

this is cool

lol accidental techwear shot

w2cw2cw2cw2cw2

nah leave this lameass shit in yr dieselpunk folder user

nice sofa comrade

only acceptable place to be dressed like this NOT WHEN IT'S 5CELCIUS AND YOUR ON YOUR WAY TO AN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS SEMINAR

This looks dope.

Clark's are a no go for actual hiking. No fucking grip at all.

This guy gets it

w2c Outfit?

I think it's the end of the camera strap, had me fooled too :/

>not wearing martens when you /out/
>not wearing 24/7
kys

damn it would have to be cold as shit to trad climb in that much gear, like Troll Wall in Romsdal, Norway cold.

I think the Vasque Sundowner is the best marriage between Veeky Forums and /out/ for shoes.

quads

top kek, have you seen the gear threads on that board? they're a mess. not only that those people have no sense of fashion. /out/ is a joke, i'm pretty sure people on that board sit around shit post more than they actually go /out/.

- Wool toque
- Any patterned dark green/brown sweater
- Quilted and waxed Barbour jacket
- Swiss salt and pepper army pack

geologist core will be the next big trend

Pentti Linkola 5/5 alfa

You probably don't want to hear this, but if you are hiking for 40+ miles then you should go with what is best for your foot. Not what is aesthetically appealing

>inb4 some faggot thru hiker argues that muh synthetics and muh modern materials are better!!!

that looks like shit tho

>hiking in that fucking bane jacket

bu-but muh lumbersexual

>he's never worn a shearling jacket in winter before

they're warm as fuck brah, and you don't sweat in your shitty synthetics in a shearling jacket

looks fine

>trying to look fashionable in the wilderness while alone

how fucking insecure are you?

>complains about my post

>not complaining about the whole thread
anyway, you want to look good if you meet a qt dryad or water nymph

Dat Estwing tho

Are Palladium boots legitimately good or are they just memes?

Would they make good boots for hiking or anything? Are they durable?

Or are they just beefy converse Veeky Forums likes for their looks alone?

>Wearing cotton as inner layer while hiking
> :))))

"muh cotton kills".
cotton is fine in a desert environment or any dryish place.

Not if you plan on sweating it's not. Ever been outside for more than 2 days?

yeah. cottons fine. Talk to anybody who practices primtive skills (you're most likely a pussy hiker cuck who's never done any real outdoors practice) and cotton is the best.

if you really want to be technical about it, the optimal gear for hiking should maximize airflow, especially do your crotch area. thus, pants are not reccommended. they make hiking kilts now which maximize airflow and comfort.

don't know about that actual boot model, but the canvas baggy ones are very light and the sole lasts for a while
you can wax them too

I heard the soles are pretty easy to replace with tire tread if you really wanted to make them last.

How are the soles? Are they pretty gripy? Or slick or anything?

I do a lot of crossings of like brooks and small rivers so I'd be dealing with slick rocks and such.

either I have shit taste or all the boots posted in this thread are near hideous

ALL of them?

Because damn near every type of boot has been posted ITT.

Maybe you just don't like boots.

OP, you're a retard. Don't buy fucking Veeky Forums boots for the trail. Buy the ones that will not destroy your feet or fall to bits.

any recommendations for boots under 100 USD that won't fall to bit, aren't designed by a teenager, and don't feel like you're both wearing and stepping on bricks?