Can mostly earthtones make a good wardrobe?

Can mostly earthtones make a good wardrobe?

I'm trying to make a wardrobe for myself and break years of graphic tees and cargo shorts, and I've come to find that I prefer less vibrant colors in most cases, shades of brown, natural greens, duller shades of blue and red (like the red in pic related) and I was wondering if you could make an outfit mostly of a pallette like that.

Most things I see people leave the more subdued and natural colors for accessories and such, common things to wear with different brightly colored outfits.

Though I'm not sure how well a color scheme like that would go with my natural colors considering I'm fair skinned, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

I already suspect the answer on this will be no, but can stuff like military surplus, cargo pants, etc be considered fashionable? Personally I like the look of stuff like that.

yes

military style can be pulled off extremely well if you know what you are doing.

im tryna move towards the same kind of wardrobe, it works especially well in the pnw.

What constitutes "knowing what you are doing?"

I've been thinking of a military look and less "Seattle hipster" than this, but the color scheme isn't bad. I'm in the south too so jackets aren't a practical choice of clothing when it's not late fall or winter.

it definitely makes for a great cartoon palette

Cute until I saw the bong. Gross.

i am from seattle so i accept this

He's in Washington, what did you expect.

my girl smokes more weed than me

>What constitutes "knowing what you are doing?"

mostly making sure it fits properly, don't go walking around in what could be mistaken for parachute pants.

If you have to ask, you don't.

w2c all?

Cargo pants definetly aren't the worst thing you could wear.

If you want to wear camouflage limit it to a single item at a time, and stick to vintage camo patterns. Don't walk around wearing digital camo and multicam as "fashion."

Is olive actually a good color to wear? I hear criticisms of it being that it's not a color that's "interchangeable" but I find it goes perfectly well with any other earth tone.

How dependent are earth tones on skin tone? I've been told to avoid certain shades of brown and such because I'm blonde and don't tan well, they say I should avoid darker browns and go for beige and khaki colors.

As for pic related, cop or not?

Olive is great, as long as it's closer to green rather than grey.

Cop

nice fit but clean your shoes

you could experiment with like faded unsaturated colors.

>Can mostly earthtones make a good wardrobe?
earth tones and something else, i'm not a fan of full earth tone outfits

earth tones and black, earth tones and white can look great

It depends on your colors.
If you're a pale germanic beauty, or a dark black guy, you'll look faded.
On a latin complexion, or irish redehead with lots of freckles, it could work.

DUDE WEED LMAO SO SICK

What's a good way to determine your natural colors and find a scheme that can work well with them?

I like earthtone and white or black for summer, like khaki pants and a white shirt like , or darker green shirt and black shorts, olive pants and a white shirt etc to work well, then for winter I like to go more full earthtone, usually with a white shirt underneath my jacket or sweater.

Check your natural contrast (between skin-eyes-hair) and color saturation, keep it similar with your clothes.
Like, if you're pale with dark hair, you can rock stark whites easily. It's not rocket science.

u guys are triggered so easy thats just where i keep my bong buddy

cargos can look totally fine but if you couple it with a 5.11 tactical shirt, a fucking buck knife, and any facial hair (aside from a full beard) you'll look like a birther
there's a fine line between insane conspiracy theorist / doomsday prepper and tasteful milspo

i didn't even notice it and it doesn't seem like he's trying to show it off

that's why your response is strange to me

i'm guessing you personally fall more into the "insane conspiracy theorist" look?

pleb detected. Redheadedness is a Germanic trait, not an Irish trait.
A "redhaired germanic beauty" would make a lot more sense, faggot. Irish have dark hair.

What if I'm pale-ish with blonde hair?

Nah I go for clean shaven and my knife is a small folder that stays in my pocket.

By 5.11 tactical shirt do you mean one of their button ups that look like something a cop would wear or one of these things?
I wouldn't even know how to react if I saw someone wearing something like pic related in any situation other than like shooting or something else outdoors like camping or hiking.

Sorta kinda like this guy?
That's low-contrast, and nature tones are too, that's great.
The trick is to find which tones are low contrast with your colors, then you're set.

Redheads are associated to the Irish in popular culture, and the point was to paint a mental picture, not being correct.
Same shit, germans are commonly depicted as blondes, I needed something that would call up the right image.

and? only people with Germanic Descent have red hair. not german, Germanic

And the dna sequencing for red hair wasn't the point, but thank you for the fact check.

>The trick is to find which tones are low contrast with your colors
Is there a good guide for that? I want to wear darker browns and like olive greens and such, maybe the occasional rust red, but I feel they wouldn't fit as well with my colors as like khakis and beiges and such

Yeah, olive goes well with earth colors. The problem is that it's already been played, everybody is using it. Don't cop, not because it doesn't go well but because it looks autistic.

no shit you blithering retard, go gatekeep somewhere else

>Damn no constitution thumping alt right friends who only get their news from The Blaze and you're like "What happened to you we used to play melee together"
I'll never know that feel =(

What brand are those pants?

What color chinos should I get to pair with this sweater and flannel? I was thinking of going with a rusty red color but I'd rather go with something more versatile.

Sorry for the bad lighting.

light tan, grey, olive, black

Uniqlo has a bunch of earthtone colored clothing right now, it's all coordinated with pantone

adriano goldschmied, nearly positive theyre womens sized

>that post number

From what you've said, darker colors could work for you, but not as well as lighter ones.
The idea should be not to fight your natural colors, especially your eyes. It's not a big deal since you're still in the same nature tones, if you have dark eyes it could even work better than lighter tones.

As for guides, there are a lot around. Most focus on categorizing people by depth, warmth and light... it's a bit too much for males, what with the limited color palette available and all.
Usually not fighting against your own contrast and brightness settings (like an old tv set!) is enough, and maybe adding in a touch of color that calls back to your eyes, those are supposed to call attention after all.

seesh

What are some examples of military looks that actually look good and don't leave you looking like some paramilitarist conspiracy nut?

I mean, not trying to imply that I aren't a paramilitarist conspiracy nut, I just don't want to conspicuously look like one.

Bump
There's never a good thread for earthtone and milspo on this board.

I only ever wear earth tones, Goes well with my skin, hair and eyes.

>skin, hair and eyes.
What colors are they?

Olive-ish,(natural light tan), Hazel, and a light-ish brown, can get blonde streaks in summer. Grey and navy are also good colours that go with earth tones

Scotland has the most redheads per population, followed by Ireland. The genetics are heavily associated with the British Isles/Celtic people and can be found in great number there. You get your anthropology degree from DeVry University? Fag.

over the garden wall is based

Really immature responses to something that is hardly drawing attention to itself, I'm sure you two are perfect peaches. Looking for things to complain about besides the fit isn't really adding anything, or helping him out.
>inb4 triggered
Fuck yeah, I am.

Are Palladium boots legitimately good or are they just memes?

Would they make good boots for hiking or anything? Are they durable?

Or are they just beefy converse Veeky Forums likes for their looks alone?

Should I cop pic related at all? What are some outfits these boots could work with?

Palladiums, I can say from owning multiple pairs that you are royally fucked if you twist your ankle on a hike, I mean I haven't but yeah not much ankle support. HOWEVER in dry environments, they're super grippy and I've been able to stand on about 60 degree incline without any slippage, canvas ones can b pretty durable, but the leather

i got a pair of the canvas baggys six months ago and they both busted in the same place on both heels after mild day to day use. im interested in their leather variaties tho

>royally fucked if you twist your ankle on a hike
Even like the Pampa Tactical models? I could imagine the only canvas or leather baggy models not being too stiff, but the Pampa line seems a lot more sturdy just from looking at them.

>dry environments
What about wet environments? There are a lot of streams and brooks in my area, and I do like to go caving sometimes, which means I need things that do well on slick stone surfaces too. Also how do they do on dusty surfaces? I've been wanting to go out doing some of the desert trails.
But I mean obviously, I can buy actual hiking boots hiking boots, I'm just curious about palladiums in particular.

Do they make good boots for humid, hot environments? I live in the south, as mentioned before, and my normal leather boots kill my feet in the summer because they get so hot if I'm working in the sun.

>totally backwards advice
Contrary to this idiot, the paler you are, the harder it is to carry off a white suit, this is why you virtually only see black guys in them. On the other hand, a pale blue-eyed blonde guy looks fucking amazing in a green tweed suit and maroon jumper over a tattersall shirt.

>the harder it is to carry off a white suit
Are you sure? I like wearing white because it makes my skin look less pale in comparison to the stark white.

But I'm not very fashion sensible, and have a preference for dark colors anyway

If you're already pale though, that looks fucking weird, is the problem, because there's no contrast and you just come off bleached out.

The guy in the pic you linked is wearing a frankly amazing fit on the other hand, it's really strong and would fit a paler guy equally well. Shoop the guy's hair and beard blonde if you can do that kinda thing and you'll see.

>Can mostly earthtones make a good wardrobe?
OP, there's only one way to do earthtones wrong. I'm going to reveal the secret. Are you ready? Here it is: overusing beige.

For the love of Christ, don't go overboard with the beige. Follow this advice, and you'll be golden.

>The guy in the pic you linked is wearing a frankly amazing fit on the other hand,
You think so?
I'm the first person in my family to actually wear a suit honestly, so this whole formal wear is pretty foreign to me.

Is that a good hairstyle? I have a more heart shaped face and I never know what to do with my hair.

What do you think of the fit in pic related?

Not a big fan of beige anyway, I've been more looking at shades of brown, olive and more yellow-ish shades of khaki.

this post inspired me to get a pair, i prefer this colorway. got em half off too

Potcalling the kettle black friendo.

i wore my canvas palladiums on a camping trip a few weeks ago and i ended up in the river a couple times and my socks never got wet, granted it was shallow water and never for much time

How did the tread do? I heard they aren't too good on wet surfaces. Also Ive heard widely varying reports on the durability of them too from
>canvas ones can b pretty durable
To
>i got a pair of the canvas baggys six months ago and they both busted in the same place on both heels after mild day to day use

And that's just in the same thread.
That being said I do like their look. They're like more subdued Chuck Taylors.

the tread wasnt holding up great on the wet rocks

fucking kek, did not catch that

heres where they busted, the hole doesnt go all the way through but its probably just a matter of time

Maybe it's cause you bought fakes ya doofus

bought straight from their website ya dip

>What do you think of the fit in pic related?
This is okay but it's much more casual and nondescript than which is really sharp.

>Is that a good hairstyle? I have a more heart shaped face and I never know what to do with my hair.
Hard to give advice about hairstyles without seeing your head, I'd suggest just trying to find a good barber and asking his advice in person.

I like this outfit, but it would look so much better if he didn't have that stupid fucking retard tunic on under his jacket.

BDU pants.

Cop or not?

ive been contemplating something like these myself, w2c

>w2c
Literally any army surplus store. Like just look up "BDU Pants" on google. They should all be less than $45 dollars, and if you're paying more than $30 it's a bad deal.

ya i realized this immediately after asking. not huge on the reinforced seats on most that im looking at.

>not huge on the reinforced seats on most that im looking at
Then you'll have to get some more expensive "fashion" copies. These things are generally made to a military specification pattern so most of the ones you'll find will have that.

You can always go Shia core if you aren't too skinny

>that surplus backpack
How can an actor be such a normie?

By the way
What do you think of these pants?

I think they're fine but what are you going to wear them with?

Kommando store has some good nutty brown shirts.

What's up with cuffed pant legs like this? Is this a feature that could be found on any surplus pants, our just fashion/casual pants?

I dig the high speed low drag look/possible functionality. Looks like a good compromise between tucking my skinnies into boots and getting baggy pants with leg openings larger than my boots.

Sorry for noob question, I'm more of a /k/ guy

It's a military thing.
Modern BDU pants use drawstring cuffs.

Are you a communist?

Nationalist.

What this user said but you can also use blousing straps or springs if you want to go 100% mil inspo.

My wardrobe consists of colors used in camouflage and it works with my skin/eye/hair tones. Ymmv

Bump

Earth tones are mainly neutrals, so they work out with anything. Yes, even with your beautiful nordic features, so don't be afraid to wear these tones

w2c tunic?

It's some country's surplus. Not sure exactly.

Look for "smocks"

Thanks, will look into it. Would like it to be a bit longer, and wear it without the jacket, and slimmer pants. The colour is spot on though.