I am a mere plebian who want to learn history starting from Ancient History. Where do I begin?

I am a mere plebian who want to learn history starting from Ancient History. Where do I begin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9FrHGAd_yto&list=PL023BCE5134243987&index=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

start with the greeks

What kind of history?
Human history?
Pre-human history/history of the universe?

Your family tree, because i have good news...Son.

Herodotus

high school is a decent start

Mesopotamia.

Donald Kagan's History of Ancient Greece on iTunesU. The whole lecture course of one of the best ancient Greek scholars teaching a 101 class, for free - you can't go wrong.

Proto-IndoEuropeans
Mesopotamians
Egyptians

I personally find The Levant and Egypt most interesting. Then maybe the Greeks?

Read "Idea of history" by Collingwood.. that would help you...

Egypt is the oldest recorded civilisation. If you want to be thorough, start there.

The Bible is the only true history book there is. Watch out for deceivers claiming the ancient Egyptians and other pagans could have high morals and that ancient Hebrews were polytheists and got their concept of a Messiah and a Final Judgment from the Zoroastrians, for their are the children of perdition.

Start with the berry pickers

Shut the fuck up you berrypixking faggot.

history of rome podcast is a good intro to the west. Also shows the inevitable political evolution (or devolution) of republics->into democracy-> into demagoguery-> into empire.

>Donald Kagan's History of Ancient Greece
You can also watch it on YouTube:

youtube.com/watch?v=9FrHGAd_yto&list=PL023BCE5134243987&index=1

what langueages can you read OP?
start with Cambridge ancient history...1235641234 pages of pure fun

also i made an invenoty of my ancient histoty book folder... it seams i have around 12 000 books and papers

Start with the cradle of civilization. Start between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

Read Will Durant. It's a part if being well read.

Greatly appreciated user!

its really good user.

You know what to do.

Upload it to MEGA

what is mega?

seconding this, they are very well done and elaborate while avoiding the common problem of being too intellectual for new readers.

Mary Beard's SPQR is a pretty good overview of the Roman Empire and Frank McLynn's biography of Marcus Aurelius is also v interesting

The new megaupload.

Mega is like Megaupload. The link is mega.nz

It gives you 50 GB of free cloud storage after you create account making it ideal for sharing files without the retarded seeders/leechers that slow down and in the end deny the distribution of information.

I have eleven different accounts of which i filled completely nine of them and others are nearly full.

Commence the Hellenes

As far away from Veeky Forums as you can

start with ancient history

Peer reviewed academic texts.