Why is there never a bead/facial hair thread here?

Why is there never a bead/facial hair thread here?

Lets talk about beards for once.

because Veeky Forums is a bunch of low test fags who cant grow facial hair.

Test doesnt make you grow a beard
> t. beard owner

NU

The chevron shape mustache is so overlooked and underutilized. Instead, way too many guys try to go for looks like in this pic. It's literally just as impressive and way more flattering.
t. chevron wearer/former handlebar doofus

A lot of beards have been taking into the Nu-male look. Beards aren't bad, but when you're like OPs picture, then you need to stop.

Some big beards are incredibly effay, but yeah, when it's too sculpted or combined with vests, flatcaps, and bow ties it completely defeats the purpose. You have to look masculine to pull it off. Also, having thicker eyebrows is almost a necessity.

>golden blonde
>blonde eyebrows
>dye them with light brown beard dye to match my hair
>go from no eyebrows to huge fucking bushy eyebrows

Seriously, if you have blonde eyebrows give it a try. You'd be surprised how thick and large they are.

godtier beards incoming

imo Jake's beard looked best in Enemy
I was pretty jealous

>>still falling for the beard meme

>something that grows naturally on your face is a meme

The average age span on here is 16-19, all you'll get are envious children spouting how it's "man makeup" or something about chins.

chinlet pls

A lot of the kiddos here can't grow a beard so "uhhhhhh nĂ¼ male LOLOLOLOLOL check out my dad jeans"
A short beard/stubble will always be Veeky Forums

I'm not a huge fan of the really big beards but if it's what you like, cool, wear it.
None of the little guys on campus can grow anything decent, but the guys who can have mostly been doing the short beard or stubble that I've seen.

Good gracious this is awful
It could look ok if you went for this kind of look and kept it short trimmed

IF YOU CANT GROW A FULL BEARD, DONT EVER LET IT GET LONGER THAN HALF AN INCH, PEOPLE

Here's your (You)

its just a very young demo round here, homeboy.

ability to grow one is genetic, most people are able to grow one at the same age their pops could.

>actually grooming your bed
Do you also get pedicures and manicures once a week, along with an enema each month?

Son, you're on the wrong board if you have issues with grooming your face rug.

Night time cell phone camera shot
I've never been sure what shape to trim/shave my cheeks; this is my beard at 1/4"-5/8" or so, which is the longest I let it get. Any recommendations? I can take a picture from another angle if needed.

What this user said. Even long, majestic beards need at least a little maintenance. But most people look better with trimmed (not shaped, trimmed) facial hair rather than an unkempt mess.

Imagine there's a line from the top of where your ear connects with your head to the tip of your mustache. Shave above that line to get rid of the scraggly mess. Other than that, it looks p good.

are you from the 50's? men are allowed to take care of their faces these days, its cool

Not a great beard, just on a very pretty face

I don't think a self respecting male in the 50's wouldn't care for his facial hair.

I shave everyday like a grown-up.

It's not necessarily that it's a great beard, but that it works well with his overall look and he knows how to take care of it.

>like a grown up
So you're saying that makes you mature? Kniw what's even more mature? Not getting up in people's business if they don't want to shave. It's literally their choice, and in
>current year+(?)
it's not a big deal if people want to groom themselves differently than you

If that dudes shaving joke made you that mad, you're on the wrong website. Go to MFA so you can downvote the meanies instead.

Heyahz yah (yeou)

there seem to be a lot of insecure people itt

I have some stubble now, should i shave it for a dating site picture?

Peak Beard hit my area (NYC) around 2014, it's now mostly Jersey Shore guido types who wear beards like that. Respectable people still sometimes have beards but they're much less flamboyant and retarded looking.

I can only assume you live in one of those places that's perpetually several years behind the times.
Low test is just memespeak for "I'm fat, ugly, wear shitty clothes, and have lowered my standards in women because I can't get any good looking ones"

This is true. Testosterone is the hormone responsible for body hair production, if no test = no beard.

Veeky Forums is a bunch of soy eating skinny low test twinky faggots who have never shaved in their life.

Low test isnt a meme bud.

I didn't have a very good beard until I was in my late teens. I ate voraciously, exercised often albeit mostly cardio type activities, and although I did eat a lot of vegetables, I got plenty of meat and milk and eggs in my diet.

It has nothing to do with soy, and everything to do with this board being mostly in high school. I'm not sure what they're teaching you kids in class but those differences you see in your classmates are largely genetic.

Testosterone the hormone and "low test" the meme are completely different things, buddy. Stop believing everything you read on Veeky Forums.

Stubble can be effay (Mads Mikkelsen) still most effay is
>no facial hair

>DONT EVER LET IT GET LONGER THAN HALF AN INCH, PEOPLE

>muh fragile masculinity

That looks terrible.

beards almost never make a person look better
the best they can do is mask your weak jaw or chin

>That looks terrible.

To the people who think you're manly for growing a beard:

On the left is Army Sgt. Clint Romesha, a Medal of Honor recipient. He is a warrior, and his story will be passed on for generations. He has pushed his body and mind to its absolute limits. He is the definition of what it means to be a man.

On the right is a picture of you. You are pasty, white, slightly overweight, and are prematurely balding. You have a degree in computer science and are very active on Instagram. You are submissive, passive, and boring, which is why you seek validation from Tumblrinas who get a hard on by seeing millenial tools who grow waxed beards, have quirky tattoos, and sport large-rimmed glasses.

You don't have to be a war hero or manly man to grow a beard. But don't do it for a political reasons. Don't claim you do it because "muh high-test nordic heritage". If you are going to grow a beard to make a statement, make sure you can actually back it up with something.

haha wtf

what if u want to violently fuck girls and are in the process of doing so bc youre slightly attractive and girls really like it when you choke hold them during sex

asking for a friend who wants to grow a beard
because its too much effort shaving
and incorporating into his skincare routine
for a friend god knows

So I live in central Ontario where a man drives a 4x4 if they're over 12, not on welfare, and heterosexual. Only overcompensating beta males who fall for the OLD SPICE BACON CAMOFLAUGE MANLY MAN meme and drive these shitty ass unreliable Jeep Wranglers have beards.

Do you want to be another beta male driving your wife's kid to the beach in a made-in-mexico 4 door 4x4 mall crawler with unreliable electronics?

No?

Then shave and buy a 1992 Geo Tracker, the official car of Veeky Forums

To me, beards typically only look good on men who already have a masculine face. Eyebrows that are prominent helps.

When a guy with a shitty jawline, or obvious facial fat grows a beard, it looks awful and does not compensate.

Also, they look like complete shit when they are overgroomed. So many men shave the neckline way too high. It looks awful. That along with shaping them so that it is "perfectly" groomed just takes away from the point of even having one.

A bit of scruff and imperfection is better than an overly groomed beard.

That looks good, but it's mostly because it's on tom hardy.

That looks okay, but mostly because it's on Jake gyllenhyllenhylenhalenhall. He still looks better with a more well-taken-care-of beard.

But most people don't have ridiculously good facial structure, so the logical way to add contrast and visual rhythm to your face is to grow facial hair. Not saying it's the most effay, but it usually helps improve how someone looks, and looking the best that you personally can is the most effay thing in the world.

This is partly true. I would argue that it is a good thing to use facial hair to hide the fact that you have a crappy jawline. Look at Gavin McInnes. Not saying he's effay, but good gracious does he look better with a beard than as a bald-faced chinlet. And that's because he doesn't sculpt or shape or create an artificial jawline. He simply uses the hair to break up and alter the silhouette, which is what so much of fashion relies on.

Subhuman numale spotted.

Great contribution to the thread. Your highly articulate statement provided a unique insight.

hahaha wtf

To me this picture says a lot about beard.

>Why is there never a bead/facial hair thread here?

Because hipsters are annoying as fuck...

lol xD jajaja

>Why is there never a bead/facial hair thread here?
Veeky Forumsggots = homosexual asian teenagers

if everyone has shut the fuck up, I would like to know some basics for beard growth, i'm more than a month along with my beard without any touching up, trimming or product used.

What products should I use in my beard?
Is beard oil just a hipster gimmick?
Why the fuck did I just buy a safety razor?

dude would look god tier if he just trimmed it down to a normal 1 inch length

>What products should I use in my beard?
None. Just condition it in the shower just like you should be doing with the rest of your hair. Avoid shampoo if you don't want to risk dandruff (yes you can get it on your beard too).
>Is beard oil just a hipster gimmick?
Yes.
>Why the fuck did I just buy a safety razor?
You can trim up loose hairs on your neck and cheeks. If your beard is messy and travels too far down your neck, it tends to give off the impression of a basement-dweller beard instead of a macho man beard.

Already conditioning so i'll trim it later tonight, thanks user

As long as your beard doesn't look like shit, go for it.

a beard like that is 1000 X times better than an oily, well cut and parfum hipster beard.

My current beard. At about 7 months growth. Turned out pretty well, first time I've gone this big.

Not you fag

how bout yes.

Kys

Why are you wearing a bow tie

you look like a respectable gentleman.

Good beard

great comeback, user.
that'll show him

this is a really fedora post, user.
>be what I, a stranger on the internet, aspire to be and don't be what I hate"

I started wearing them for work recently. I like em and it's a good differentiator in the workplace.

Are you fucking serious dude

neckbeard LUL

seems fine to me
a bit too out there if you live in some flyover shithole where anything other than cargo pants and gym shoes is gay, but he looks like he works in tech, entertainment, or publishing, which are real places industries

The sharp trimming is weird. Makes it look like a manicured hedge.

Are we being raided?

>raids
flyover country: where everything, even Veeky Forums, is stuck in 8 years ago

Are you talking about the le beard and bowtie? I agree. But I would say 5 years ago, not 8. 2011 was the time of the beard and fixie guy.

>beard and fixie and bowtie
this is how I know you're not from anywhere that matters
those three things didn't hit at the same time
people still wear bowties, just not with pee wee herman pants
his hair is way too low volume to be meming
he just looks like a slightly dandyish office worker, not a "hipster" mixing memes from different eras

Lmao, it's all the same embarassing shit and you know it.

he looks fine, get over it
it's not cutting edge fashion but it looks good and he's not overdoing anything

No, he doesn't. He looks embarassing. Outside of the yuppie hugbox areas you're describing he would be mocked. But then I live in a sunny city of brodudes who all lift weights and wear rvca. I would be too crass to live in a pc minefield of pussies like portland or williamsburg

weight lifting is big in "yuppie hugbox" places. the difference is that we eat real food not HFCS crap, so aesthetics is considered a thing. unlike Veeky Forums obese hamplanet mode where all that matters is your leg press and bench. we use actual squat racks here and isolation work isn't unheard of because when your bodyfat is low you can actually have a hope of looking good
you sound like you live in a place where "college boy" is unironically considered an insult

This is some high level bait man.

Well plane.

>a real man eats 3000% of his TDEE in deep fried bryers guar gum dessert and can't see his own dick without a mirror
>Mark "Big Flyover" Rippletits

guar as in morrowind?

>implying Veeky Forums doesn't use the squat rack
Have you ever been on Veeky Forums man

This is my beard/hair inspo, but that jumper is terrible. What sort of Veeky Forumsshion choices would work well with this look?

posting his own face on Veeky Forums

What's the matter, numale? Did my post really make you feel that insecure? Shave your facial pubes off, faggot.

It looks better now. Having it all cleaned up perfectly like in the picture resembles