Alright, so with the winter coming up, I'd really like to get an m65 or m43. Really like the look of them...

Alright, so with the winter coming up, I'd really like to get an m65 or m43. Really like the look of them, but I have nothing to go on.

Do you guys mind recommending any? Preferably none that break the bank. ($125 or less preferred)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Alpha-Industries-Mens-M-65-Field/dp/B00MRW8DP8
amazon.com/Alpha-Industries-Mens-Slim-Field/dp/B00MRW8DX0/ref=cts_ap_2_vtp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

as someone who fell for the m65 meme (bought one in navy), TRY ONE ON BEFORE YOU BUY. I'm skelly and I didn't even think of it bulking my torso up as abnormally as it did. I'm going to be selling mine on grailed or something soon but if you like it and it fits, it's a good jacket.

Remember to buy it a size smaller than what you'd normally wear

try the alpha industries m65. idk what the quality is like but it looks nice.

I was lucky OP, my Grandad was a Nam vet and SOMEHOW his survived with little damage. Not only that, he was smaller than me.

My uniform size is Medium-Regular (5'11", 190 lbs, athletic build), however even though my Grandad's M65 is Small-Regular, it fits me perfectly with enough room for the liner and a uniform underneath (or a shirt and hoodie). The shoulders fit me considerably better than my friend's Medium-Regular I tried on.

Do what says.

Try to find an actual M65, avoid Rothco and Mil-tec, and any Chinese brands. (Alpha-Industries is reputable) You can find originals on ebay sometimes for less than $100. The Austrian M65 is also great, but a bit longer and the sizing is a different system.

I wear mine constantly in the Fall and Winter, definitely layer under it with the liner when it falls below freezing though.

If you are not buying a real one don't bother. Fashion inspo remakes are shit and will not keep you warm even the slightest.

I went to a military surplus store and bought an Olive drab m65 for 60$. Had a sewed in liner and the think kept me warm all winter. Everyone kept calling me Rambo because I wore it so much. Might pick up another one come first snowfall as I beat my old one to shit, got my eyes more set on this thought desu.

just install the removable hardtop on your 1992 Geo Tracker, the official car of Veeky Forums and its reliable red hot heating system guarantees you'll be wearing a T shirt all winter

I was thinking about the one from kommandostore but I do worry about sizing

I found one of these for 5 bucks at goodwill. It's xl tho so it's huge.

That is Austrian. I hear nothing but good things about that particular item.

I have a number of Austrian BDU shirts and they are fantastic quality.

As for sizing just follow the instructions and you should be fine. If you are having doubts go to the Milsurp fashion circle jerks over on /k/ and ask them about how you should go about sizing yourself for one of the jackets.

You will get 3+ replies garenteed provided you supply a picture of the item. All they do is post the same shit over and over again, they will jump on the opportunity to break the cycle.

Quality's good.

Sizing advice is true though. I'm a Medium but went with a Small-Regular. Fits pretty good, still baggy but period-authentic so I don't mind.

The thing about the m65 is if they are slightly over sized you can tell pretty easily, particularly in the arm space around the bicep, material likes to conglomerate there.

I got a large myself and it was too big, they are made to be worn over clothing (they are parka) but can start to look a little ridiculous if your frame does not match the jackets sizing.

I myself should have gone Medium or ML

A good leather jacket is amazing for winter, can really recommend not settling for a cheap one, but immediately get a thick good quality one. Just got this a while ago, couldn't be happier with it.

That is a nice one, I used to wear leather frequently. The jacket I had looked similar to that in cut but ever since I have outgrew it I have never been able to find one that matched the quality and the look.

Did some research and found out that it was made in 1947 in New York. Got it at a Value Village. A good quality leather Jacket will last more then one lifetime it seems.

The one I have in my pic up there is a good quality remake of a German U-boat captains jacket. If you are familiar with Varustelika's reproductions.

Yeah, when I turned 21 my parents wanted to give me a gift that would last a while, and after giving it some thought I chose a good leather jacket, as its indeed something that can last a lifetime, and it was kind of out of my budget (it was about 650 euros).

That jacket you have there looks really nice, but the collar is a bit too formal for me I think, but I think that's also a bit of an age thing. Weren't the U boat captain jacket longer though, with two rows of buttons, like this one?

Ok, I'm looking at either the alpha industries in a small (I'm a medium) or an original. The nearest Milsurp store is a good hour away and I'd rather not waste the gas going out that far. Later I'll go check goodwill, but was there anything else to note?

I believe the actual Jackets were yes, they are not 100% reproductions. They like to add little things that they feel should have been added (Extra interior pockets and such). Call them modern renditions that try to stay true to quality. Unlike the fashion company that simply take inspo without delivering on quality.

As for the collar, formality does come to mind. The collar cut on these particular jackets did however go on to inspire this style of motorcycle jacket. Would say that is a bit of case of irony, no?

Goodwill is not a garenteed, most thrift stores are a hit and miss when it comes to military surplus.

You could always order through the internet, would save you on gas, time, and also many stores have good online deals on m65. Just make sure you get your sizing correct (i believe that many stores offer an exchange to help you get the right fit)

I bought a xsmall and it's almost too big for me

Yes, the irony is very real on that haha. Talking about leather jackets that last a lifetime reminded me of this jacket I have. I got it from my father, who bought it secondhand in 1980, when he was 16. The jacket is still nearly flawless. I really enjoy having pieces of clothing like this, with lots of history haha, hooe you find a nice one!

I used the sizing chart on their website for the alpha industries one and it's pointing me in the direction of the small. However, when I went over to Amazon, they had 2 different ones - for $150 and -$180. I really like the price on the $150 better, but I'm not entirely sure what the difference is. I'm still looking around, but if anyone would know I'd appreciate it.

amazon.com/Alpha-Industries-Mens-M-65-Field/dp/B00MRW8DP8
amazon.com/Alpha-Industries-Mens-Slim-Field/dp/B00MRW8DX0/ref=cts_ap_2_vtp

99% sure you'll size it wrong.
Atleast with Alpha ones.
Yes they're high quality but are way too stiff when new and fit HUGE.

You'll have to deal with different proportions.
And if you don't pull it off correctly it'll look silly on you.

Honestly just get an M65 from a quality "fashion" brand that fits a bit slimmer rather than a military brand.
Even sometimes a military surplus fits better than a new Alpha if you can score one.

The short leather jackets were inspired by the ground forces' panzer coats, since unlike the long version they offered little parts to get stuck in submarine/tank machinery

The only liberty Varusteleka took was adding two pockets on the outside

Thank you for correcting the record.

it seems like there are a few distinct categories for this jacket

>new milsurp ~$50-100
>Alpha new $180
>Alpha vintage (priced all over in varying conditions)

Which is the best option?

which color is best Veeky Forums?

go for drab if your wardrobe mixes with it well, otherwise I'd suggest to just go black, which is worn more easily. The drab one is more unique though

wear left if you want to look like a girl in 2014

I don't know anything about fashion and I wanted to know if these are still good?

M65 is pretty norm-core man do not cop

Not even on a bigger guy like me?

Also what about the m43?

it doesn't matter what your build is, they're so prevalent that you can buy one at Target
dnc

Do you know what normcore is?

just becuase travis bickle and john rambo wore military garb doesn't mean you look like a badass in your M65

>muh military surplus
get whatever suits your body type

Just droped $350 on this parka. I know it's to much but it was my favorite one because the fur hood is stretched tothe shoulders. It also was the last one they had. Fucking Neiman Marcus...