What books are effays?

What books are effays?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DClTg-2BNYI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Holy Bible (King James Version)

what a stupid question...

the sun also rises

Used books, so it looks like you've read them.

fuck i can understand the clothing thing but how arrogant do you have to be to care about what book people see you reading? just as long as it's not some comic book- but even then, I'd want to talk to someone reading Gaiman

have you read Final Crisis
that was fuuuucked up comic lol

>gaiman
kys plebe

>gayman

looooool dude

2bh I want to believe I would meet someone interesting if I sat outside reading Gurdjieff. Either someone chill or someone nuts anyway.

anyone making a show about reading anything widely printed is a fag though

I have actually, it's on my shelf rn. the Superman Beyond 3D part was actually incredible. shit like

>there are 5555 words for nothing
>superman can hear a breathing from a distance- that's your breathing! holy shit he's breaking the 4th fucking wall fuaaaark
>within a split second, Superman saves the multiverse and somehow delivers the uncontainable bleed to lois- through a kiss, this super motherfucker held it in his mouth!!!

Morrison is another god tier writer

also

>Cosmic Armor Superman

god fuck this is why Goku will never lay a finger on Supes, the thought robot is built to combat any future threat and grow stronger to beat it.

superman is honestly too op in his non-canon versions (i.e. superman prime) for goku to win. But take just the standard post flashpoint version and Kakarot will curbstomp him

these.

also curate interests so if you're into fashion have books on designers. andy warhol's philosophy book is an ok place to start.

Wasn't he supposed to write a story arc in Wonder Woman? bet that would have been pretty fucky
don't follow comics anymore so maybe it was made

Jeph Loeb / Tim Sale is probably the most aesthetic team

uhh Final Crisis is canon. ergo superman with cosmic armor could easily defeat any era of goku

*Goku and Superman would be buds.
*Being OP doesn't make you a superior character.

take the challenge lads. i dare you

Easy, i just wont read then

I wonder if anyone attacked her for the implied boycott of a book with a PoC lead?

I just want to be a better person because i don't like the self that i am now. And Veeky Forums isn't a very nice place, it's like a kid liking meteors and shit but her mom sends him to a college tier astrophysics class instead of museum.

The bible wasn't written by white people

Oh fuck off. Religious people can't be smart and creative. I bet you have huge trucks and wear asstight wranglers.

for what purpose

Mein Kampf

anything that isn't pulp schlock or fotm meme books will do the job, 2bh

>Religious people can't be smart and creative.

t. atheist who can't into art
enjoy being cucked by rothschild faggot

I second

1984, animal farm and brave new world

lmfao

this is the most atheistic thing I've ever heard lmao so sanctimonious

who the fuck is religious anyways
>2016
>bible

Any philosophy that isn't a delusional hack like Nietzsche is pretty Veeky Forums

Nietzsche is required reading

He only becomes the epitome of plebdom when people don't do their homework, only read Nietzsche and think they now have philosophy and everything else all figured out

I agree he's required reading, but it isn't Veeky Forums at all. reading the Hardy Boys when you're young helps to develop the ability, but it doesn't make it Veeky Forums.
>I feel like a prick when I say Veeky Forums in a moderately serious manner

I agree, I wouldn't want someone to see me reading Nietzsche in public, though I still think he should be read.

To be honest I think I'm obsessed with old money / prep aesthetic because I read dozens of sweet valley high books in elementary school

World peace

Lol who cares, it's not something we can control or something that affects our life directly anyway, so j u s t l i v e.

Nice job, sherlocke

>Gurdjieff
fat lols!

>so j u s t l i v e

t. manchild

thats not superman tho, that was the Thought Robot being controlled by superman

I mean, take just normal Kal El against Goku and Goku will rape

Veeky Forums here

High Modernism is objectively the most effay literary period, fuck all the others.

well op, personally i think the most effay books are, obviously, anything by camus, satre. anything about existentialism. anything by bukowski. anything by dostoyevsky. when i go to starbucks, i like to make it appear that im an intellectual, so i put a well-worn copy of "the stranger" by camus on my table, and dostoyevsky "notes from the underground" and perhaps "dharma bums" by kerouac. I want girls to think im a cute hipster intellectual uni guy, with my thick black rimmed glasses and tweed blazer.

Dont post a picture of the first edition like that shits attainable.

Dostoevsky
Camus
Sartre
Steinbeck

If you're American you should know a lot of Mark Twain quotes.

"The coldest winter I've ever experienced is a San Francisco summer." -Mark Twain

Bonus points for women if they read Beauvoir and Austen

The quintessential Veeky Forums book of any Veeky Forums alpha male.

>Camus

these are good

Clearly

The Stranger is one of the most fashionable novels of all time. Clearly you read for plot.

The most effay thing you could read would probably be beat paperbacks in Latin or ancient Greek.

That is too try-hard. You're pushing into /pseud-core/ with that.

Fashion should be more current.

Renaissance era philosophy

Veeky Forums x Veeky Forums is the perfect combination a human being can be. Look good and be smart. A little /mu/ doesn't hurt but they can be pretentious where it's undeserved

To expand on this, reading postmoderism semi-ironically/not overanalyzing or being a pseud is p effay. Reading philosophy is effay. High brow lit is effay as long as you never talk about it unless asked

I think it represents Veeky Forums perfectly. It's standard somewhat entry level in literary circles, but literally indecipherable to normies. Plebs think it's try-hard or useless/pointless, while the reader gets to feel superior.

As for "current", it's lit not fashion, it doesn't translate 1:1. For example, effay rooms/architecture is often old/industrial/worn/antique.

You are going to meet zero people reading a book. Even if people see what book you are reading and think you are cool, they probably aren't going to come up to you because they don't want to bother you while you read.

>Reading philosophy is effay
Careful with this. Most philosophy is not Veeky Forums.

Fashionable things look old without being old. They still have youth and energy. The most Veeky Forums things are the product of channeled but powerful emotions.

Greek plays are Veeky Forums, not the philosophy.

can you explain, why you wouldn't want someone see you reading Nietzsche?

How many of these books would appeal to somebody who rarely reads, doesn't enjoy mundane fiction, and wants to try and help improve himself through books.

Fashionable things can be old, don't be a fucking retard.

What books are cool to be seen reading? Like not books that everyone should have read once but books that are effay to reread or contemporary to be in the middle of?

The Great Gatsby
To Kill a Mockingbird
Of Mice and Men
The Things They Carried
The Catcher in the Rye
Slaughterhouse Five
East of Eden
Brave New World
The Handmaid's Tale
The Stranger
Pride and Prejudice
The Old Man and the Sea
Contemporary(they suck):
Ready Player One
Diary of an Oxygen Thief (really sucks)

I haven't read that many of them yet I just think Veeky Forumss taste is the right direction. Take a look at these

Ready player one sucks and I hate seeing people shill it

youtube.com/watch?v=DClTg-2BNYI
best vid ever MUST WATCH
if udont watch u will die

He's a meme.
That's it.

Im reading through Hyperion almost done with Fall of Hyperion and it's v good. Not sure if effay

I don't think anyone shills it here even the guy you're replying to said it sucks. It's only shilled on Reddit and tumblr. Feels like the author is winking at you the whole time you're reading it, how the fuck can people like this garbage.

Holy fuck that's like a high school reading list. Really is as basic as it gets.

That's why it's a starter kit you autist. Glad you got to flex your smarts for everyone though?

Exactly right. The book constantly tries to be cheeky and it's just fucking shit

is this one of the greatest books ever written?

No and it is not effay. It's for nerds.

Fuck you

L'etranger is effay as fuck

I only read Dante, Shakespeare, and Tolstoy. THey have fun stories and make me feel superior.

You are superior to vermin and the lesser to an ass.

>Tfw own a hard cover Divine Comedy

This

Are ebook readers effay?

Not effay at all. Products, like iPads and ebook readers, that are designed for the consumption of more products are not effay.

reading fiction is degenerate and it doesn't make you a better person. adopt some philosophy

Who is Tolkien?
Who is C.S. Lewis?

I am not religious, but I still enjoy reading their works.

>Ficciones from Borges
really glad to see that there