Why were historical persons far more disciplined than contemporary persons

People like Napoleon spent almost all day studying and learning new information. Was it just because there was less distractions back then?

Most people fucked around. The famous people are famous because they didn't.

>That existential crisis right at the end.

Yep, nowadays Napoleon would most likely be a typical btard. Dwarf, ugly, his wife cucked him all the time also he slept only 5 hours a day and there was no internet back then so he had time focused on his studies.

Propaganda. Most people probably believe Putin spends all day "studying and learning" too.

> Why were historical persons far more disciplined than contemporary persons.
>People like Napoleon spent almost all day studying and learning new information.

Do you genuinely think Napoleon is an adequate representative of the average person of those times?

Les corses sont mauvais

captcha :nixon horseblock

>Let the readers voice honours the writers pen.

Man this is so heavy.

He seems like the sort of joyless cunt who spends his days triple-checking his plans and thinking of new ways to accumulate power, yeah. A lot of people in the Kremlin are workaholics.

Napoleon is no ordinary person.

Even today Napoleon would've been a genius, but perhaps in another way. He himself said that the fact that he became emperor was down to luck ("I found my crown in the gutter and I picked it up"). Today he might've been a brilliant minister of finance, or perhaps a really good general that's underutilized because there are no significant wars.

>Dwarf
Yeah...nah. How about you look up why he was actually called le petit corporal.
>Ugly
Portraits that were made of him before he was important enough to be idealized prove otherwise. Maybe in his later years when he was old and overweight, but most men in their 50s tend to be on the ugly and chubby side.

>His wife cucked him all the time
And he cucked her all the time. Even in Saint Helena there were rumors of him fucking some 13 year old British girl. Also, let me remind you that he divorced Josephine and sired his heir with the princess of Austria. Because he could.

His attitude to Josephine is a lot more complex than le cuck maymay. It's best expressed in his own words: "I truly loved my Joséphine, but I did not respect her."

>also he slept only 5 hours a day
Not because it was fun, but because he had to deal with running an empire AND reforming its entire legal code AND refining his military strategy AND juggling around diplomatic entities that literally wanted nothing more than see France destroyed. That's too much for a regular man, and barely enough to handle for Napoleon. Hell, some rumors state that even on the march he'd mostly take naps on his horse.

The "average btard" of the time was probably lower class scum that worked the land all day and got drunk all night.

>Most people probably believe Putin spends all day "studying and learning" too.
Call me when Putin entirely redefines the field of legal studies. Napoleon may have been the second last Renaissance man, with the last being Hegel.

>Portraits that were made of him before he was important enough to be idealized prove otherwise. Maybe in his later years when he was old and overweight, but most men in their 50s tend to be on the ugly and chubby side.

Someone doesn't have to be popularly idealized for them to have an idealized portrait. Painting were expensive and time-consuming, portaits specifically even more so, someone commissioning a portrait of themselves is going to want it to be of the best version of themselves possible.

>Napoleon may have been the second last Renaissance man, with the last being Hegel.

how and how is hegel

>someone commissioning a portrait of themselves is going to want it to be of the best version of themselves possible.
>implying

He'd be a businessman, it's literally the only route open to great men nowadays, politics is not their domain any more.

Do you think the richest and most powerful men in the world spend their time jerking off and browsing a baluchistani goat milking history forum?

No internet.

>you will never get into internet dickwaving contests with Voltaire

>tfw no more hre

Voltaire would've legit just stayed home and shitposted all day instead of falling in love with a Protestant girl and having their relationship tragically cut short because of her religion, prompting him to begin his career as a satirical playwright, essayist, and overall champion of the rights of the common man

they probably would browse it

He owns a luxury house and a yacht

Butthurt Ukrainian detected

>Dat last line

The further back you go, the greater the degree of control that rulers could exert over representations of them in contemporary works, and the more mythologized they are in the works of later historians.

Imagine if the only sources of information about Obama were his own administration's press releases and official photos of diplomatic functions. He'd seem pretty damned impressive too.

> No internet
What? People with access to Internet literally spent almost all day studying and learning new information. Probably even more than Napoleon.

> A lot of people in the Kremlin are workaholics
Like previous president of Russia before Putin.

well if someone is ugly as sin, there's only so much the artist can do, but nevertheless if you were good looking the artist would've probably made you look glorious

imagine if all the great philosophers (regardless of historical period) could acces the internet... imagine Diogenes shitposting on Plato's facebook all day long

or Rosseau and Hobbes having a dick measuring contest over the true nature of man

>imagine Diogenes shitposting on Plato's facebook all day long

The point was the Cromwell was famous for refusing to have his artists pretty him up. When he was getting it done he was asked if hed like his warts to be removed and he said no he wanted "it warts and all"