Most Effay Winter Boot?

Winter is on the way. What's your go-to boot for climates that are actually cold and snowy?

any timberland boot

>It ain't Goodyear welted starts playing

Pleb pleb pleb fucking nigger

Not sure why people find those boots appealing. I suppose they are practical, but it looks like goofy trash

Don't think it's the physical appearence. More akin to the 1000 mile/iron ranger meme in that the boot has a history/seems old timey.

there's no such thing as both ''good'' and 'effay'' when you're talking about real winter.

just get a pair of fucking sorel, otherwise get the fuck out of here with your pussy ass beanboot wearing winter.

What do you guys think. Do you think the dark brown looks better or acceptable?

Alternatives for white people?

these shoes are so hideous

A lot of fashion actually plays off of "goofiness." Look at how chunky sneakers come and go in popularity, also oversized shirts and cropped pants. In fact,

The Bean boot is an old design, but its resurgence in popularity is another example of this. The boot has a definite aesthetic,

Also, the boot arguably looks more "goofy" when brand-new than when broken in (even mildly). I think the boot looks god-tier after being worn a couple of months in winter.

every guy and their mom wears bean boots now. I think hunter knee high boots are the next big thing.

Are duck hunting boots the new meme?

>new
Not if you live in northeast us lmao

I need some black boots that have some tread. Can anyone recommend me anything good?

Thanks me too.

lmao i remember when it was 2009 and i was actually considering buying a pair of those due to memepressure

they are so fucking ugly

ok we got that bean boots are trash, does anyone have some suggestions for other winter boots? I need a pair myself

>falling for the bean boot meme
>not wearing $990 mountaineering boots around the city

kys my man

w2c?

dressed for the end of the days...
but hands free
fuck off poser

Sorry, no I live in the west coast so the only people who wear these are hunters.

What about something like the Sk8 Hi MTE for walking around New York in the winter? Anyone have any experience with how warm/waterproof this line is?

>fucking sole made of cheerios

these with a better tread sole added on (can't remember the name of it)

might treat them with beeswax for maximum waterproofing

bexley enfield

Where can I get a goodyear welted version?

obviously wont work for winters with over 3 inches of snow, but a very sleek fall shoe.

cop or not

n

They look like they would go well with a fedora

absolutely not.

Nope.

Zippers are a compromise. Just tie your boots, they'll seal better

i just have timbs
i know Veeky Forums doesn't like them but i do, would be in the market for something different though

Id?????????

jesus christ this thread is pathetic

W2c

I had them for chilly days in Toronto and they were plenty warm

crocs dot com

does Veeky Forums still wear palladium or is that meme over?

What's the sizing like?

really..................................................................................................

any cheap alternatives?

My shitkickers this winter are these LL Bean Katahdins.

behold

hiking boots

these deserve more love

Not a winter boot in the least

Alright, when it comes to real winter boots, there are a few things to keep in mind when discussing aesthetics vs practicality.

One, ankle boots are pretty shit in places that get a decent amount of snow. Just the way it is. Might want to think about getting something a little taller. Doesn't need to be up to your knees, but I'd suggest high ankle to mid calf.

Two, grip. If you have to deal with ice and snow you might want to get a boot with some tread. I have a wavy crepe sole on my boots, and even that's not a great option. I've fallen on them once when walking on ice.

Three, insulation. You might think about getting a little bit. It's not the biggest deal if you don;t though since different socks can make enough of a difference.

Four, water resistance. It sucks having wet feet in cold weather. You can always waterproof leather, but nothing kills leather faster than water and salt. This shouldn't really discourage you from getting a leather boot if you like, but just remember it'll be more maintenance than normal. Black collects salt stains easy. Avoid suede unless you really like a destroyed look.

All of this stuff makes for a boot that's generally more clunky than sleek. Just the way it is.

Oh, a bit further on water protection, how the boots are constructed matters. Something like Clarks will not only get destroyed and provide no grip, they'll leak too.

Anyway, the Crocket and Jones snowdon is probably the best option for a sleek, made for winter boot out there.

Besides that, you have plenty of decent options. If you don't mind a chunky look you could always just get something like Sorels and call it a day, but any decent workboot can be winterized if they don't already have a winter version. Just buy a pair with a lug or commando sole, as well as as some shaft height. Tall Thorogoods, Redwing Harvesters, Wolverine field boots, Corcoran Jump Boots, Doc Martens, ect. Any decent hiking boots should be fine too.

For sleeker options it's a bit of a challenge. I'd look at equestrian or paddock style boots. Treaded chelseas, waterproof pull ons, sleeker engineer style boots, ect.

lol

they look like shit

lol you just made it that much worse

Looking at getting some Doc Marten 1460's. Just over $100 online.

Very helpful. Thank you.

tts adidas

anyone know how docs fit?

size down, thick socks, insoles and bandages maybe.

cop

Veeky Forums don't have a clue about boots these days. For fucks sake, the footwear that fa wears is split between 4 types of white sneakers that all are so mainstream and worn by the masses that calling that personal style is a joke.

>not laced all the way up
fuck outta here

Have used these for detailing cars.... 365 total water and cold asf half the year. Replaced them twice but they are still better then anything else by miles.

w2c?

typically you'll size down a size, you'll have enough room for thick socks

danner
390 bucks tho

recently coped them am v happy with them

thats a shit picture though

These are dope and comfy as fuck

>zipper boot
The reason why nobody likes those is because when the zipper fails, you're fucked. A big gaping hole in the side of a boot isn't useful.

You seen'em now buy'em.

really? i wore these last year and they did not keep my feet very warm, also they are pretty cheap I heard they can rip from the soles really easily

I've become a fan of Palladium.
They're definitely not the toughest boots around, but they look good to me. Plus, Reignwolf wears them.

>nobody told him about cobblers

How good are Danner Mountain Lights really?

palladiums are just a meme, no one actually owns them

>boots + ankle socks

Says you. I own 3 pairs of them. Wouldn't recommend them for winter though

>I own three pairs of palladiums

those have been the big thing for a while now at least on the east coast us
they're boring rich girl core

Dont feel like taking them out the boxes. My point stands.

This is the incoming fit of the F/W/S/S collection from wes anderson himself

kys

Can I see a fit with these? I might buy them in I think the look good on a fit

Are these effay ?

With two layers of wool socks.

Need to move away from the Appalachians.

>contrast stitching
kys

Fuck me.

no they are hideous

Cop or nah?

pls be nice 2 me

can someone plese post a picture of boots that are actually effay? I have no idea what kind of boots i should be after for the winter.

no. asos bad, user

The brand isn't asos, it's red tape, never heard of them before myself. also why is asos bad?

asos is shit qualitrrreeee

Russet or oxblood?

Yea the asos brand sure, but this isn't from the asos brand.

bump