I need a semi-formal shoe that I can wear to events/interviews on campus and casually without looking like a total sperg

I need a semi-formal shoe that I can wear to events/interviews on campus and casually without looking like a total sperg

would pic related be any good?

You want to wear sneakers to an interview? And you somehow think that won't let you look like a total sperg?

Those sneakers are fine, but not in the settings you are describing.

what fucking interview would you wear a pair of chucks to jesus christ, take a shower and apply to college

I don't have the shekels to buy a pair of shoes that I'll wear once or twice a semester

Although the last interview I had I wore beat up nikes and jeans and made it through

>apply to college

learn to read then come back and try again

I have the vans version of those - I opted for them because they were on sale. I think the converse clones are a good option for what yoy want them for.

>I don't have the shekels to buy a pair of shoes that I'll wear once or twice a semester
>wants to buy way overpriced converse

There is no vans version of those.

just get a basic pair of derbies and wear them sometimes with outfits that they would be paired with you fucking mongoloid

doc mono 1461

>I don't have the shekels to buy a pair of shoes that I'll wear once or twice a semester
Holy fuck, just get a cheap pair of "dress shoes" at a department store. Stay with some oxford design; no square-toe bullshit. It's not Veeky Forums - but as you said, you'll only be wearing them twice a semester (and it will still look fine).

Alternatively, you could go for something like Doc Martens 1461 (black mono), which might pass as a "dress" shoe, while still being able to wear casually.

I understand if you're poor, but this is really bottom-of-the-barrel, clueless stuff if you want to incorporate one shoe for literally every occasion. The shoes (especially the pottery chucks - the Docs are much sturdier) will be beat-to-shit in six months, and won't look good with anything.

Do what this user says but if you really want sneakers get something that looks like common projects achilles

Don't, too chunky and tumblr-core and also made in china with cheap materials.

Don't get oxfords, get derbys but not docs.

>Don't, too chunky and tumblr-core and also made in china with cheap materials.
They're not "tumblr-core" unless the rest of your outfit is "tumblr-core." They are a basic, inoffensive shoe.

They're not inoffensive, not with that kind of sole and last shape.

Well, I agree they wouldn't be the best choice for an interview (like I said , OP should probably do the first option, and get some cheap department store "dress" shoe), but in terms of casual wear, they are indeed quite inoffensive.

Sure, for casual they're ok. I just think he should consider something more versatile, not too formal (so a derby instead of an oxford) but not too casual.

Yeah there is. Beams x Moonstar x Mrporter

Moonstar is not the same as shoes like pottery, moonstar owns shoes like pottery but moonstar also makes super cheap $10 shoes in china sweatshops so it doesn't count.

one would think theyre glorified chucks but they're actually built pretty well, look nice and arent too expensive if you snoop around a lil

I know, I own a pair and got them at the cheapest price you can get them but OP said he doesn't have money to buy a pair of proper formal shoes and I think people like that shouldn't spend extra money on sightly better chucks. (I catually have never owned actual chucks so I don't know how better slps actually are compared to them)

When it's the exact same production process, with the same materials, from the same factory, at a similar price? Ok.

The canvas on my ''''''''''shoes like pottery'''''''''' is very sturdy compared to other pairs of vans or converse I owned when I was younger. The rubber-canvas bond is also stronger and isn't just slapped together with some glue like vans are. Quite a major difference too is the general comfort - I have flat feet - and that the sole is thicker and feels sturdier than normal vans or converse.

this

Yeah, yeah, I did not say your shoes were the $10 ones but moonstar does not automatically mean shoes like pottery.

Eh? I thought vans were vulcanized too.

any suggestions?

Have you considered chukkas or loafers?

W2C Pants similar ? Hot dang

W2C ? reverse image search is giving me nothing

what's the shoes on the far right?

Get some clarks and call it a day.

you're welcome

this is gonna sound retarded but how do you cuff pants for a look like this

Fold and roll

If it's that's too loose, pinroll

Shoes Like Pottery

Also good for skateboarding,
but really hard to find in that colorway now.

Those are beautiful