Tfw becoming jaded with fashion

>tfw becoming jaded with fashion
>dressing for comfort and presentability instead of aesthetics
>wearing straight fit jeans and sweaters everywhere

What is happening to me?

the same thing that happened to me. we grew up user, we're old men now

you now think you've ascended, that you got nothing more to learn from here, when in reality the pleb within yourself decided to come out.
Next thing you're gonna say is people give you more attention now that you don't care as much about your fits.
the thing is you don't belong here because from the start you came here to seek validation from your peers via your dressing style.
you have now accomplished your goal, please do leave this board now, don't bother leaving a note

Kinda same.
Now I'm just army/tech/comfy mixture

Fashion isnt for u

Did you watch the movie demolition?

P E N I S
E
N
I
S

That's what happens when you get into a routine that drains all your excessive energy, either by getting a job, getting an interesting hobby, getting old, whatever.

You no longer have time for things that don't really matter to you.

I used to dress up all the time, ever since getting a job I started dressing down everywhere, and when I was out of a job I started coming back here again.

I'm transitioning out of caring about looks now, since I work full time again and I need to be comfy if I want to be successful and still have the energy/willpower/whatever to pursue the rest of the things I want to do with my life.

Embrace it. Nobody ever gave a shit about your fits anyway.

bingo

Fashion is like anything else: being good at it is only going to impress people who are already interested in it. Of course there's people who look like shit and people who look well put together, but the average person on the street can't tell the different between zara, calvin klein, or slp.

The only reason to put a lot of effort into fashion is if you're interested in fashion for fashion's sake. If you're just trying to impress girls, or friends or coworkers or whoever, or even if you're just trying to feel more confident and put together for your own sake, you're gonna lose interest after six months.

welcome my man

ionlycareaboutbeingcomfy-core is the best

This. I just got my first 'career' oriented job and my interest in fashion actually accelerated due to the extra disposable income.

Also dressing to Veeky Forums's (or any other internet fashion community) approval really sucks the fun out of the hobby. This place really is a microcosm of what's out there and is fueled by a handful of styles, brands, and designers.

It was really revealing when I read a favorite designer/brand thread the other week and Gosha was in like 75% of people's top 3. Like what the fuck? Best advice is once this place stops being useful to you as a source of information, take what you've learned and move on.

youve just grown up op

same happened to me, used to be a try hard and want to impress people

now i realise no one gives a fuck and i shouldnt either because at the end of the day it doesnt matter in the slightest

its just a hobby and if you arent really that into it then it will be forgotten about just like every other hobby you were once into

life goes on

REKT

>its just a hobby
That's exactly it. Some people around here make it their identity and that makes me sad.
People grow up and grow out of things. It isn't bad or good it just is.

Its happening to me but only because I'm broke as fuck so I can't buy new stuff, and all my clothes are already getting old. This is actually the first time I've visited this board in a year because I just dont have the money for clothes so I had to remove anything related to it from my life.

Not that I had nice clothes or money before but at least I could afford to buy some sneakers or a few basic pieces every few months.

I just dress for myself and for comfort I wear whatever I like now the riskiest thing in my wardrobe is a pair of muted purple trousers
I think once you realize that the most anyone else ever actually cares about how you dress is a passing thought of "oh that's a nice shirt" or something like that you recognize that no one is ever really affected by anyone else's clothes unless it's egregiously dirty or ugly

i think u can look more authentic if you really live in your pieces though. especially compared to some fuccboi who is in a newly bought outfit every single day

Same here. Its really nice that my eyes were opened to just how shitty my wardrobe is and what errors I make, and I was luckily able to get them out and replace a ton of it, but with my financial problems now as well as my location which is unfit for a lot of things, I have no choice but to settle for things that really fit my status. My clothes arent special because theyre cheap and people dont bat an eye on my fits (actually they also didnt bat an eye during the times I went all out), but I can rest well knowing I look much more presentable now as compared to before.

You're no longer a faggot user....

You're finally free user; leave, enjoy your life and never turn back

The way I see it, no matter what you wear, someone is going to find you fashionable. Maybe you just throw on whatever the hell you want but there will always be people who see you and think "man, his slackercore fit is sick", or maybe people will describe your fit as "ironic" in the hipster-douche kind of way.

Wear what you want for whatever reason you want. Just know that most people, i.e. normies, will judge you based on your looks so of course wearing weird shit to a funeral or a job interview might have some consequences. People on Veeky Forums will debate until the end of time whether or not you're Veeky Forums material and whether you're "post-modern mermaid core" or actually "deepsea punk horrorcore".