Parka/Military Surplus Advice

Looking at buying a Parka, considered military surplus, trying to get a higher quality version of this:
lazyoaf.com/lazy-oaf-cult-leader-parka-jacket-4
That can last me through winter, and hopefully winters to come. Any recommendations and also military surplus fits.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Olive-Drab-Military-M-51-Fishtail-Parka-Jacket-/160416945436?var=&hash=item255998551c:m:m7M-Sv9znrzFczqf5j3g1KQ
kommandostore.com/unissued-south-african-defense-force-nutria-long-sleeve-shirt/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

M51 military parka might be a solution

ebay.com/itm/Olive-Drab-Military-M-51-Fishtail-Parka-Jacket-/160416945436?var=&hash=item255998551c:m:m7M-Sv9znrzFczqf5j3g1KQ

go to gun shows

I bought a vintage Vietnam era one, quality is fantastic and blows away modern production

I paid like 40$ and the tag was like 60$. prices vary but its comparable when you look at cost/quality for new production

ive got that parka in the pic
Comfy/10

I hear the best stuff made today, in terms of durability, is German or British.

should i buy a parka if manlet?

lmao

try one on and see how you like it

Some user brought this up in a now-pruned thread

Is this worth the $25 CAD, and if so what should I pair it with?

Why do people think surplus is amazing quality if you take a look at the stitching and actual patterns they're fucking terrible lmao the main thing they have going for them is durability but if that's the way you determine "quality" then you're a knob who shouldn't be posting on a fashion board

No, thats the shitty one with the velcro patch on the sleeve also you can find them for 10 bucks or less

Wear it with black skinnies and boots like every other fuccboi who has one

w2c OP pic?

Velcro patches are going to be in soon, user. All that it's going to take is a few people realizing what a marketing opportunity it is.

Are the Bundeswehr parkas actually overplayed? There's this thread from 2014 which portrays them as such, but I'm not sure if the meme has died enough to make this wearable.

On another hand, what would you pair with pic related?

bumping

Yeah dude im sure your edgy patch off etsy is going to look great with a surplus parka

Go full Austrian

visible zipper on the top is shit, you are gonna wear a hoodie underneath it not attach one to it. shitty velcro and the army thing on the arm need to be removed.

kommandostore.com/unissued-south-african-defense-force-nutria-long-sleeve-shirt/

>Like it
>Manlet sleeve lengths

Bought this one years ago, never managed to wear it, while the sleeve length is right everything else is to big for my frame. I don't know what to do with it, I initially bought it for when I would live in the countryside but it's not going to happen soon, so it's useless unless I go for a dealer-core / weirdowave look

why don't you just wear it oversized ? Looks like a good cop imo, if you're slim / skinny then you should be able to pull it off

>army thing on the arm need to be removed

Kill. Your. Self.

ID?

Are Bundeswehr parka jackets still Veeky Forums?
I just copped my dads one from 1986.
pic semi-related, it's a modern replica.

I wanted to pick up the flecktarn one but according to some thread from 2014 they're overdone. IDK if they still are though.

That color looks nice though. If you have it wear it

Its a french parka they used in the 80s, i got it off amazon

Austrian army winter field cap

did i meme

>memetarn

Got this parka, makes great set with german shepherd.

nice fit. Arms usually are fucking big on these so people tend to regret their cop when they receive it but if you can pull it off then it can be great

u finna sell it?

w2c

i bought a green fishtail (i think M51 don't remember) from alpha. it was shitty, i sent it back.

bump, I want to get opinions on that M65

>dat hourglass figure

Looks like shit t.b.h.

I don't think people understand that milspec is basically stuff that met the government's requirements at a basic level at the lowest cost. This kind of contracting does NOT mean high quality, it's literally just the lowest bidder

it looks like its because of the jacket, not his body, you can see it scrunched up a little

I know, and it looks like shit.

I'm fond of Patagonia PCU and the Sterlingwear-made ECWCS gear
quality and price are great

What's a good pullover anorak like the cav empt one?

w2c ? I need this in my life!

Would the gebirgsjager anorak be considered effay