How can I start a clothing company for 5k?

How can I start a clothing company for 5k?

Other urls found in this thread:

howtostartaclothingcompany.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Start very very small with limited products and sizes

Use the profit to make more products

Repeat

start selling clothes but dont spend more than 5k

start selling clothes but get a loan so you can spend more than 5k

5k is a lot dude

>set up a website/bigcartel/whatever
>make one of everything for the pics
>plug it everywhere
>get orders
>make clothing
>get money
>make more clothing

you have no fucking clue what you're talking about and should not give out advice

You need to establish a very solid brand image on social media sites that are used by your target market (Tumblr, Instagram, Facebook all have very different user bases).

Create content that conveys this image and gets interest from people. Your branding must be easy to understand, but have an air of intrigue/exclusivity to it.

Make unique, one off pieces and plug them on your channels. How you document the pieces is important: photography and set design (where you decide to photograph the clothes) must be an incredibly high standard and again communicate your brands identity.

By creating an exclusive image around your brand and the products people will pay more for them.

It's all about marketing yourself. Social media is free but you have to be clever about it.

This.
I would say only make a few really good items at first.
If you have any great ideas just invest in the best one first, so you immediately gain income while spending your money sparingly.
If your idea is very good word of you will spread and hype will build for you to release something else.

Just don't try to sell anything basic at first. Starthe out strong, but with very limited options.

Start with making shirts with cool fa crowd sourced designs. Sell them online and use the profits to start a sock line. Rinse and repeat until you have a large online following. Make agreements with local trend setters on Instagram for product placement. Get you tubers and other internet celebrities to wear your stuff. Then leverage this with brick and mortar retailers. Smaller end shops then larger and larger until you reach department stores. That's when the real money starts rolling in.

>larger and larger until you reach department stores. That's when the real money starts rolling in.

this also kills the brand. this is the route to take if you're in it purely for the money. you will make a lot. then at the peak you sell the company before it over saturates and crashes.

if you're in it to make quality clothes and don't care about the money as long as you're profitable and making a living, then stick to boutiques and do slow fashion.

I've always had ideas for a clothing brand, but I can't draw for shit or have any idea or sew. Is there any hope for me?

Collab with someone.

nobody is born able to draw or sew. they learn by practicing. just like you can.

Venture capitalist

Make very creative design and make viral video of it. Or try making stickers of your brand and put it everywhere, like really everywhere.

You can't. Get a real job, save up until you reach 10k.

This is a good strat. Selling clothing is all about marketing. In addition to these methods, you should give away free samples to high follower count instagram/tumblr/youtube accounts for "review" or for them to wear.

Learn to sew. It's a nice skill to have even if you don't end up being some fashion designer.

Also daily reminder to all the keyboard entrepreneurs itt that printing graphic designs onto blank tees =/= a fashion line and you need to go back to r/streetwear

Friendly reminder that knoch runs his own clothing line

screen printing?

Not streetwear again pls

I want him to actually become big so more stuff is available. His style is one of my favorites

If you can, start with accessories. Inventory, manufacturing, etc are easier when you don't have to handle a dozen sizes.

could you explain why he's wrong? genuinely curious

howtostartaclothingcompany.com/

not same person, but im guessing if you didnt start making the clothes until people placed orders, you would have some seriously pissed off customers. no ones going to willingly preorder anything from an unknown brand, so you'd essentially just have shipping times that last months

How do you make t shirts
I want good quality shirts to print and cut and sow on
Should I make them or buy bulk?

pay an 8 year old chink 5c an hour to make your clothing
pay some poo in loo paki 10c an hour to make your website
build an inventory
spend the other 4500 paying some nigger to wear it in a rap video
change your last name to Rosenberg/Finkelstein/etc.
???
profit

that dude has a deformed meaty popeye arm with beefy stumpy dick fingers

put him out of his misery

Buy some cheap chinese jackets and an embroidery machine

Take off the superfluous bullshit chinks always add for some fucking reason and embroider some cool shit on

bandwagon techware with shit quality oversized hoodies, cargo bottom, etc

leach off popular instagrammers and pay them to model for you

make all your shit overpriced, your website minimalistic cyberpunk garbage and wait for the retarded manlets to buy your shitty clothing so they can fulfil their dream of becoming the next morbidly obese underaged deus ex antagonist

depends how quick to make them. I bought a tee that had to be "made" (a graphic wasn't printed on it)