Skincare General: Moisturizer edition

Skincare General

Everything related to skincare routines, products, acne, and grooming goes in here.

Wiki:
Skin care basics:tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment:tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids:skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen:skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles:skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

Veeky Forums skincare FAQ:
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

Last thread:

Cheers!

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/sca_routine#wiki_routine_steps
goo
thayers.com/shop-thayers/premium-witch-hazel/thayers-alcohol-free-rose-petal-witch-hazel-toner/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So I used to think I was oily/ combo, however, I stopped using everything but sunscreen a week ago in order to stop the damage being caused by my cleanser (neutrogena). Today to double check ny skin type, I tried wetting my face and waiting 2 hours like reccomended on Paulas choice, and found myself dry? Is this normal?

Hello, user who splerged on Paula's Choice from the last thread.
So far my bacne, of all things, has gotten like 60 % better. My face hasnt changed much but my face feels alot less tighter for one.
Mind you, ive been on this stuff for less than a week since getting it all, but damn. Its pretty great.

Went to a derm, started epiduo and monodycicline pills (or something like that) last monday. Atm my routine is just cleanse with cerave foaming cleanser and then moisture with cerave facial lotion in the am (+ sunscreen) and the same thing but with the epiduo in between in the pm. Anybody got any suggestions or should I just leave it as is? It's working pretty well so far.

Bumping

Thats great! Keep it up user, don't let your routine slip just because you skin is looking good. I have a horrible habit of being very diligent with my skin care for a couple of weeks, see results, get lazy, then my skin starts going bad agin. Rinse repeat.

Well what can often cause oily/combo skin in people is the over use of cleansers. You take away all the moisture from you skin, drying it out, leaving your sebum glands to composite by over producing oil.

the PC stuff works, but they've massively hiked up their prices during the last couple of years. They have something of a cult following online, and that crowd isn't that open to criticism of PC or trying other brands

there are many suggestions for more cost-effective products here

reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/sca_routine#wiki_routine_steps

Who /psoriasis/ here?

>have to apply ointment every day
>can't drink alcohol
>studying and depression cause more spots to appear
>my children will likely have that condition too

Should I just end it?

So when I put on moisturizer, should I wash it off after?
I don't really like going to school or class with all this oily shit on my face. Should I just use less? There aren't any directions on the container.

moisturizers are meant to be left on the face.

if it is too heavy/oily, you could
- try a lighter moisturizer
- use less of the moisturizer
- dilute it with some water

are you sure you need moisturizer btw?

>are you sure you need moisturizer btw?
I don't know diddly about any of this other than what I've accumulated lurking here and reading in the pastebin. I'm using those Stridex wipes to make the nasty dots on my nose shrink or go away and to make it not oily anymore, and apparently if you're using that you should also be using a moisturizer. Is that true?

>oily skin

can someone recommend me a good facial cleansing gel?

>Is that true?

well, stridex can make some peoples skin drier. if that's the case for you, it can then be good to use some moisturizer after. but try using just a small amount.

i've tried ceraves cleanser and moisturizer, as well as paula's choice 2% salicylic exfoliator, with no improvement. any suggestions what to try next? considering accutane

that's like jumping from rifles to nukes tho

how about some benzoyl peroxide?

idk ignorance probably
thanks though, ill look into that. any specific brands?

As per usual, I'm going to respond to the rest of the questions in the last thread.

Not a stupid question! Sometimes companies or products aren't clear on exactly what to do, which can be confusing for first-timers. You leave it on overnight or during the day, depending on when you applied it (you'll probably see best results from using it twice daily).

Discolouration, hyperpigmentation, redness, acne, large pores etc. are fixed with chemical exfoliation, typically. You want either an AHA or BHA (BHA is probably more beneficial for you) that deals with this issue consistently by being applied night and day.

You want a consistent skincare regime that incorporates calming ingredients like BHA, aloe vera and other anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant ingredients. As well, you need proper and consistent moisterisation that will deal with your dry, flaky skin.

I'm not certain if they meant a hair conditioner or a face moisteriser, a little confusing I guess. If it was a face moisteriser, they're right, you need to be consistent and applying well-formulated, irritant-free products that don't damage your (presumably) sensitive skin. If it was a hair conditioner I would question using one daily, but of course it depends on the product and also the users hair and scalp.

I would say that maybe the cleanser you have been using is not suited to your skin type or possibly that it's just a bad cleanser, Neautrogena (or any other company) isn't perfect and sometimes they just get a product wrong. It's possible that your skin is naturally dry but your cleanser was making your skin produce excess oil - or that the time in the year that you tried what Paula recommends (good advice, still) would still indicate combination skin. Were you dry all over? Was it just your cheeks/jaw? You might want to chat send them a message just to clear things up.

Yeah, it's truly amazing the feeling you get when stuff you buy actually works! (this sounds like sarcasm, it's not haha)

If you think you don't need to do anything else, then what you've got is a basic skincare regime that works for you. You could (unless your dermatologist discouraged this) also apply the epiduo in the morning as well as night, because it can still work wonders during the day. Also, if you aren't already, you can try and wait around 5-15 (I do ~10) minutes after applying the epiduo before applying moisteriser, as products with Benzoyl Peroxide in them typically work much better when exposed to air for a few minutes. If you notice excessive dryness (some is expected) or redness, bring it closer to the 5 minutes mark - you'll notice a difference!

This is my literal life.

There's a lot of debate about whether or not the rate of oil production can be affected by skincare products and the only real, hard evidence is that the consistent use of chemical exfoliants (BHA, in this case) can slowly decrease oil production, there's not a lot of research behind anything else (unless someone can prove me otherwise).

Yeah PC can get really expensive. I've found the best way to deal with that is to use and abuse their coupon system. For example, if you create an account and set your birthday to the next day, then they'll send you out an email for 15% off and free shipping, then, when the month ends and that coupon expires, just set your birthday again and it gives you another code! I also combine it with the whole $15 off for referring a friend (i.e. myself) to save massive amounts! Like I had $30 credit for a prucahse I made recently and I ordered a toner and sunscreen and it ended up being $3.25 with free shipping! (goo DOT gl/ssRz4S is my code in case anyone is curious and wants $15 off)

Kind of reiterating what this user said. You definitely should not wash off a moisteriser, because that defeats the purpose of a moisteriser, I should think. If your moisteriser isn't designed for oily skin, I can imagine how much of a pain that must be. Some people find that just using a toner is enough moisture for the day - however, there are definitely better options available that can reduce the amount of oil produced (like consistent BHA application) or mask the oil produced (like a makeup primer for oily skin).

CeraVe Foaming Cleanser is amazing for price - if you can't get it, you could try eBay, otherwise good drugstore alternatives are:
>Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser
>Acne . org Cleanser
>Boots Expert Sensitive Cleansing Lotion/Wash
>Olay Gentle Clean Foaming Cleanser
>Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser, Sensitive Skin
>Clean & Clear Daily Pore Cleanser, Oil-Free

If you're wanting a basic skincare routine to deal with acne, it should be something like Cleanser, Exfoliant, Benzoyl Peroxide, Moisteriser. Accutane is usually reserved for people with incredibly bad acne, so bad it needs hormonal treatment. Consider a wider range of products in your routine, as there is no miracle products, unfortunately.

>Clearasil DailyClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream
>Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength
>Clinique Acne Solutions Emergency Gel Lotion
>Paula's Choice Skincare CLEAR Regular Strength Daily Skin Clearing Treatment with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide
>Proactiv & Proactiv+ Advanced Blemish Treatment
Are all highly rated.

Thoughts on curology?

i would like to know what the woman in pic related is doing

I had a hard time getting a picture of it, but this is what both my cheeks look like after doing accutane and not wearing enough sunscreen. Finished accutane about 5 months ago but these light red scars haven't faded. Any thoughts about what I could do to lessen the redness? My face is about 9 different colors. Right now I use a Neutrogena gentle cleanser at night and one of those Aztec Masks once a week
Also, any thoughts about the brown "sun spots" all over my face? It seems like there is no way to get rid of those either.

Peeling off a mask.

AHAs, try them

>wash and moisturize my face before going to bed
>only use bar soap
>put on sunscreen every morning
>shave once every two days

anything else i could do?

What's the consensus on Kyoku for Men?

I bought it because its one of the better selling exfoliants on amazon, but nobody really seems to recommend it on this board.

Any suggestions for a brand? I see Paula's Choice which is probably alright but I am completely ignorant when it comes to reputable brands

I have very dull skin anything that will make it more "dewy" and bright?

God level moisturizer, finally got rid of my rosey cheeks too

>when you apply your BHA

Does Pond's aclarant works?

I typically shave every two to three days, and put on an exfoliant in the evening on the same days I shave.

Is this a good/bad idea?

How do I into PC antiaging?

Getting the Skin Balancing essentials set was a simple enough decision, but the Resist range is absolutely overwhelming

Red spots, big pores, dark circles under eyes.
What do?

>Red spots
If they're blemishes -- Tea Tree Oil/Benzoyl Peroxide

>big pores
Try an astringent like Thayers Witch Hazel Toner after you cleanse

>dark circles under eyes
Sleep.

Any cleanser suggestions?

I've been using the stuff from Neogen and I like it. I'll probably be looking for something else though as it only seems to last about a month.

Fuck no dont do this ,witch hazel fucks your skin up and is irritating as all hell.

YMMV, senpai. I've had nothing but great results from mine.

Shit I didn't see this thread and made my own, anyways here's what I asked

I have these flat red dots from where past pimples used to be. I never had bad acne just an occasional pimple every few months but recently I've noticed they don't fully go away. They leave flat red spots where they once were. You wouldn't even be able to feel them if you rub the area.

They've been there for a few months now. I really want to get rid of them. I wash my face twice a day already and use an acne cream on the affected area every night and so far nothing.

Someone recommended witch hazel. I've been doing research and only other answers I see are rosehip oil and AHAs

>As per usual

you mean like in the last 2 threads youve posted?

lol

>got a second session of jessner's peel with retinoic and kojic acid
>skin is peeling like a potato
>mfw everyone is staring at college

hot water on face
let sit
rub off dead skin with towel
moisturize
repeat every day

btw, are you the mentally ill girl with BDD?

Yes. I using Avene's thermal water and Avenes's cicalfate. I am avoiding hot water.

I am actually feeling better about myself. I have no more comedones, pimples or bumps. I have wounds from popping and a very light PIE, almost invisible.

This peel should resolve it. If it doesn't, will get IPL on Friday

Is femanon from Kiehl's still here? Is there something I should try from there? I'm running low on exfoliator and cleanser.

what is the basic bitch brand to buy things from when i want to put something on my face to make my skin better?
i want to cleanse and moisturize and all that

do i just pick random stuff from the things listed in the pastebin under the different categories?

im tired of using semen

Face feels dry and tight after being washed, even if it's just with water.

What do? I feel like I'm living off moisturiser at this point.

finally started taking accutane to get rid of pic related, dunno why but I feeling really happy after having this for 3 years. besides getting dry lips what should I except? also since its my 2nd day taking the medicine when will my lips start getting dry?

same here do you also get like how do i describe it, spots of white skin that look like dust or smth like that

I used to work there too
it is mostly just overpriced and hyped
the mud mask and the sunscreen is good
but nothing else is really worth spending money on
their cleansers are mostly way too drying, just so you know

Any recs for a moisturizer that doesn't make your face look greezy af during the day? I am currently using cetaphil moisturizing lotion, which is gr8 at night, but is too much during the day.

Teeeeny bit of coconut or argon oil on the dry patches. Don't put it where you aren't super dry. Still use cetaphil all over at number night

ew wtf your skins fucking rancid man

>coconut or argon oil
don't those make you break out...

I use a huge amount of coconut oil every night to take my makeup off. Using a teeny bit on my dry spots has worked really well and I've never broken out from either

>coconut

coconut oil is highly comedogenic/acnegenic.

what can i do about redness Veeky Forums? my skin type is dry and sensitive

right now i use lush's angels on bare skin as a cleanser, neutrogena pore refining toner, paula's choice retinoid serum, and cerave moisturizer
i've got the dryness under control, don't get zits anymore, and my skin is so so soft, but it still gets kind of red/uneven
what do any of you use for that?

just buy drugstore stuff for right now. cerave foaming cleanser is good

don't buy a whole routine at once you gotta introduce everything slowly to see if it works or not

It is comedegenic. Whether it breaks you out specifically is up to your genetics.

can someone tell me if i'm doing it right

Morning
L'oreal Face Wash / Mask
Quinoderm Antibacterial (The L'oreal just 'feels' like it removes more dirt and grease, The quinoderm 'feels' more like it's useful for the anti bacterial
Simple Moisuriser

Night:
Glycolic Acid Cleanser
L'oreal wash / mask
Panoxyl 10% + Simple Moisturiser

Anything I shouldn't bother with? Seems to keep things under control but I still think I've got 'blotchy' looking skin (red patches around my nostrils and on my chin)

I want pure looking skin and smoothness

Quite highly rated and works for some people, but definitely patch test the product they give you because they can be really strong and use ingredients you might have never used before and could be allergic to.

Chemical exfoliation is your friend. AHA and BHA are both good, but for scarring, sun spots, uneven skin tone etc. I would be going with BHA. As for a product recommendation based on your next comment, I would say Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant is the product you're looking for, it's their highest selling, best rated product. You could use AHA in addition (applied afterward), but patch test first because those who have had to go on accutane can have reactions due to sensitive skin. Also, make sure you're applying a sunscreen or moisteriser with spf every day to stop any further sun damage.

>bar soap
If you're implying that you're using bar soap on your face, you are in the wrong. Bar soap is way too irritating and harsh to be used on the delicate skin of the face, most people find it be to irritating for the body as well. If you have bacne, redness, dryness etc. on your body consider a simple body wash that will achieve the same results without irritation. For a little exfoliation, try using the body wash (or bar soap) with a loofah which not only helps your body to exfoliate, but can make the product last longer because it lathers more easily.

It's a physical exfoliating product, so it can only be so good. Physical exfoliation on the face is not discouraged, just that it can be easily over done and usually isn't nearly as effective as chemical exfoliation. Consider a BHA or AHA chemical exfoliant which will achieve the same (or considerably better) results with much less irritation (well, a bit, but do know you would be applying acids to your face).

Again, chemical exfoliation is amazing for many skin issues. A BHA or AHA chemical exfoliant will work wonders to even out and smooth even the roughest skin.

CeraVe's moisteriser is one of the few to contain truly no irritating ingredients while moisterising well. You should still be using spf in the mornings, however, so don't omit that. Also, this product lacks antioxidants, so if you want a little extra kick, an antioxidant-rich serum could be added both at night.

Pot-set products pose a potential hygiene problem for those with acne-prone skin. While the product might be effective, there are more effective solutions elsewhere that do not pose this risk.

There's no issue with chemical exfoliation after shaving, in fact, it can dramatically reduce ingrown hairs and stop razor burn from forming. The only drawback is that it can sting a little, but that subsides quickly and any redness should be gone by the morning. You can also (depending on what kind and also your skins sensitivity) use your exfoliant in the morning too, as that will help to even out your skin tone, reduce redness etc. over the course of the day.

The easiest way to go about it is to go on their main landing page for their Resist collection and then choose your skin type on the side bar. So, for example, if I go to Resist anti-ageing from the collections category, select combination skin, it narrows the range to 31 products, some of which are sets of products, so I have only a few products to choose between (I usually go by community review based on number, so 4.5 stars and 300 reviews is pretty damn good).

Chemical exfoliation to address the big pores and possibly the red spots as well (introduce a Benzoyl Peroxide product if a chemical exfoliant isn't enough). Products that contain Vitamin C, Niacinamide, Acetyl Glucosamine, White Mulberry Root Extract, Chinese Mulberry Root Extract, Licorice Root Extract and a number (cont.)

(cont.)
of other ingredients are helpful in reducing melanin production and so, lightening skin. As well, sunscreen or a moisteriser with spf is essential to stop the skin from becoming darker.

Some people can find using an essential oil like Tea Tree Oil very irritating because it contains volatile components of limonene and eucalyptol which can cause contact dermatitis on exposure to oxygen. Benzoyl Peroxide is proven to be much more effective, if a little more irritating.
>Witch hazel
Depending on the form of witch hazel, you’re exposing your skin either to an irritating amount of alcohol (which causes free-radical damage and collagen breakdown) or to tannins, or both. Moreover, witch hazel contains the fragrance chemical eugenol, which is another source of irritation. The benefits of witch hazel are effectively nullified by its potential to be irritating.

>Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser
>Acne . org Cleanser
>Boots Expert Sensitive Cleansing Lotion/Wash
>Olay Gentle Clean Foaming Cleanser
>Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser, Sensitive Skin
>Clean & Clear Daily Pore Cleanser, Oil-Free

Read above. You might find it works now but if your skin becomes progressively more irritated, that could be why.

Chemical exfoliation is your best bet. Read above for why you shouldn't be using witch hazel. AHAs or BHAs can be effective for treating skin redness, but BHAs are typically more well-rounded and also more effective.

k

What is your skincare routine? Are you moisterising enough? This is good advice, but don't be using water that's too hot, as it can dry the skin and further irritate it.

What this user said, it's mostly overpriced and over hyped. I was considering their nighttime eye cream, but the moisteriser I'm going to be buying next does the same job and is probably more effective.

CeraVe is probably the best brand for drugstore skincare. A basic routine is just a cleanser, toner and moisteriser, the toner you pick (some brands call them an astringent) can be just that (a toner) or it can also have some chemical exfoliating properties to deal with acne, redness, uneven skin tone etc.

Consistent use of a well-formulated moisteriser (heavier, in your case) both at night and in the morning (though, use a sunscreen/moisteriser with spf in the day) will help skin to slowly become more hydrated.

You should be introducing very hydrating products almost immediately. Your dermatologist should have recommended a hydrating moisteriser (very heavy, especially for at night) and you should be using a very hydrating lip balm both at night and during the day to prevent chapping and other signs of dryness.

You might find that simply using a sunscreen that doesn't moisterise the skin too much during the day is enough for you. In which case,
>Aveeno Natural Protection Lotion Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 50
>Clinique Sun Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen Face Cream
are both good options, otherwise,
>CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30
>EltaMD UV Facial SPF 30+
>Paula's Choice Skincare SKIN BALANCING Ultra-Sheer Daily Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Are all good options for your skin type.

I would probably be using the moisteriser first and then putting argan oil/coconut oil on the dry patches, so they don't get spread around, I think that's what you meant.

Actually the two are just emollient plant oils that have no comedogenic properties.

>It is comedegenic.
It's not.

>lush
There's your problem. Lush products are typically highly fragrant and highly irritating. You might not see what it's doing immediately after using it, but it's evident from what you;'re seeing on your face. You need a gentle yet (cont.)

(cont.)
effective cleanser that removes dirl, oil and makeup without drying the skin or irritating it in your case. You may also want to consider adding a calming toner such as Paula's Choice Calm Redness Relief Toner, which is designed to effectively deal with redness and relieve irritated skin. So, try a different cleanser (CeraVe's cleanser - the non-foaming one - would be good for you) and consider introducing a calming toner to deal with dryness and sensitivity.

>L'Oreal
>Simple
>L'Oreal
>Glycolic acid in a cleanser
>L'Oreal
There lies your problems. Replace your cleanser with a more reputable brand like that of CeraVe (foaming or non-foaming, depending on whether you're oily or dry, respectively) and do the same with your moisteriser (again, CeraVe is good). Consider introducing a chemical exfoliant (BHA, in your case) to deal with redness, uneven tone, acne, large pores etc.

Thayers Witch Hazel is alcohol free, and from what I gather from the ingredients uses natural rose for the fragrance

thayers.com/shop-thayers/premium-witch-hazel/thayers-alcohol-free-rose-petal-witch-hazel-toner/

Anyhow thanks for your contributions, are you a skincare specialist or dermatologist or something?

I did not know that. Which toner would you recommend in place of the Thayers Witch Hazel?

>are you a skincare specialist or dermatologist or something?

For some reason, I think a skincare specialist or dermatologist would know how to spell "moisturizer"

checked

S bringing the heat

done. Thanks. Skin is generally pretty clear. the odd spot. proper regime that you've given me should hopefully make things perfect :) thanks x

This might be a retarded question but does anyone here ever tried removing moles with ACV? Does it really work or is it just a meme?

it works most of the time depending on the mole..... you can find tutorials online

KEK

>have been on a skincare treatment routine for close to 11 months
>it's worked great , got no more zits or skin coloring
>years of acne now replaced by acne scars
>face has the texture of the surface of the moon
I WAS SO CLOSE
WHY

Neutrogena Oil Free
because my skin was born great

good choice mate. expect dryness soon. i used aquaphor for my lips. one kind of unusual tip is to put aquaphor on your dickhole im dead serious. my urethra got super dry and inflamed it sucked

>use the Azteck healing clay for a while
>Use Dr. Lin acne spot corrector

Those should help immensely. I would say expect results at most 2 months going in.

Thayers is fine, its alcohol free and uses the natural extracts of the plant their using for the fragrance

Witch hazel, in itself, is irritating because of the tannins in it. Witch hazel’s high tannin content (tannin is a potent antioxidant) can also make it irritating if used repeatedly on skin because it constricts blood flow. Even if the product is using a rose fragrance in addition, it still contains eugenol which, combined with the added fragrance have an even higher possibility to irritate the skin. Witch hazel, as a toner/astringent, should probably be avoided.

I would recommend:
>derma e Soothing Toner with Anti-Aging Pycnogenol
>Paula's Choice Skincare SKIN BALANCING Pore-Reducing Toner
>Paula's Choice Skincare SKIN RECOVERY Enriched Calming Toner
>Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray Thirsty Skin Relief
If you're looking for something that tones as well as exfoliates, I think I've recommended 2% BHA solutions in the past. And thanks! But I just have way too much time on my hands haha

Countries outside the US exist, funnily enough. You're just mad because I proved you wrong about the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, also because I'm far more useful to people in these past few threads than you have been. Just leave.

You're welcome, have fun!

ACV is the biggest meme to ever have entered into the skincare world.

I would highly recommend the use of both BHA and AHA chemical exfoliation to deteriorate scarring, redness and uneven skin tone etc. It seems you're quite competent in sticking with a routine, so you should find it easy to see results.

>Aztek healing clay
Meme.
>Dr. Lin acne spot corrector
This is a 5% Benzoyl Peroxide solution that some may find too irritating. There's plenty of research that shows 2.5% is just as effective and far less irritating. Also, BP is best used all over the face because it prevents new acne from appearing as well as helping to remove active comedones.

>Thayers is fine
It's not.

Should I be applying sunscreen under my eyes as well?

>Countries outside the US exist, funnily enough

Mhm, and I'm from one of them. Guess what STHLM stands for.

>You're just mad because I proved you wrong about the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Yeah, except you didn't. I just gave you some recommended reading on cosmetic science, and then stopped responding as I realized that someone who writes "I know that you know that you know you are wrong" is not really someone you can reason with.

>because I'm far more useful to people in these past few threads than you have been

I didn't know there was a competition going on? Ah well.
I think it is good that you're giving basic replies to basic questions because then I don't really need to. People get help. That's the point. I just wrote the FAQ to avoid repeating myself.

I've helped people in the skincare threads since 2013.
It's not like I feel a need to constantly prove myself.

yes, as long as your sunscreen isn't irritating your eyes.

the thin skin around the eyes is very sensitive to sun, and is prone to skin cancer. use a mineral-based sunscreen to avoid the irritating substances often found in other sunscreens.

ACV can be used to remove some raised moles, with the risk of burning and scarring the skin, and they shouldn't be fucked with as melanomas may develop from moles. The safest option is to ask a dermatologist examine & remove it.

ACV can be used, though, to remove plantar warts. But it can be slow and painful process.

Diluted ACV can also be used to help bring the pH of the skin down to healthier levels, and prevent growth of acne bacteria and some fungus.

ACV is also used to lower the pH of clay masks, to keep them from being too irritating and disruptive of the skin when using them. ACV, or the acetic acid in general, also used to control pH in other cosmetics.

So, it is absolutely useful in skincare.

Aztec healing clay is yet another product that is composed of bentonite clay. It's used in so many products because it's so effective at absorbing oils and cleaning the skin, similar to kaolin clay.

It's fine to use as exfoliation, provided that you moisturize properly afterwards. It can absolutely be something that is worth using, if you're in need of less oily/rough skin and less noticeable pores.

>they dont use 100% natural, vegan, cruelty free cosmetics
im not memeing even
but they are healthier for your skin and work great

How effective is laser treatment for acne? I know it's pretty expensive, so how long goes between each session? Maybe I only have to do it once?

why laser? accutane is the silver bullet for acne

dryness, but lots LOTS of chapstick, like a box or something and a non oily moisturiser for some problematic areas, shower with lukewarm water, not hot, not cold, and you skin will look amazing in 3 months, expect a like "burt"the first 2 weeks, that's normal, oh and also hair will look dry too, if you care take care of that as well, some joint/back/head ache is also common but nothing unbearable

skin becomes very fragile, i used to get wounds more easily, but also they heal faster lol

and finally SUNSCREEN EVERY TIME YOU GO OUT, EVEN IF IT'S CLOUDY

for some it's a pain in the ass, other don't even notice, it depends of how your body react, be patient and your skin will look amazing in the end

laser treatment will take care of scars , but not treat the acne directly, it won't cure it

sessions may be expensive and for results you'll need between 5-15 sessions depending on how bad acne you have

Tried accutane, lost way to much skin (literally skin) from my face and fucked up my lips too. had two quit after 3 weeks or so.

damn. I would have tried a lower dose though if that happened to me.

Anyone got any advice for something to shrink pores on my nose? mother fuckers are large

Is Neutrogena any good for acne? Just bought a bottle and hoping for the best.

What are these dots on my foot?
Background:
I wore alot of sandals during the summer, unfortunately without sunscreen.
My family has a history of dry skin, but particularly on our heels. I haven't had irritation there, thankfully, but figured it might add onto it.

you have skin cancer

A while ago, I was prescribed clyndamycin by my dermatologist for my acne. Does this shit actually work? I've been using it in conjunction with a benzol peroxide cream while washing my face twice and the shit doesn't seem to be doing anything. I rarely ever touch my face or anything.

Skin Cancer