decantshop.com/
theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

I sampled BdC EdT and the longevity and projection suck! It projects well the first 2-3 hours and then disappears. I also tried the EdP, it had a more sweeter smell and i liked the EdT more

How to improve the longevity? Put some moisturizer to my skin or how?

>It projects well the first 2-3 hours and then disappears
get a second opinion first. could be olfactory fatigue

I have a $75 Nordstrom gift card to burn on a beater frag for daily wear. BdC or Sauvage?

BdC

Cool pic OP

I just got Burberry London in the mail. Haven't tried it yet, but I was looking for something with Tobacco and Leathery smells.

Any recommendations for my next sample? So far I have CDG Wonderoud, Issey Pour Homme, Aventus. Looking for some masculine frags for fall-winter

anyone have insight on this?

Dat feel when waiting for fragrancenet to restock ambre Sultan for cheap

What arec your opinions on Burberry Brit for men? Any good or pleb?

I tried london and brit and preferred london. Brit's not bad or anything, and it's very cheap.

I'm thinking of picking up YSL La Nuit EDP for the coming cold weather, should I or shouldn't I? This summer I've been wearing Terre d'Hermes on hot days and bleu de chanel on colder ones.

Last year I had a 100ml CH Men bottle I raced through, that was a really great frag. I'd be open to getting something akin to that for the coming cold instead of YSL la nuit edp. I had YSL la nuit edt before but apparently the EDP projects less, which to me, is a good thing in winter.

2016 EDP has mediocre performance, but the 2016 EDT has abysmal performance. Older EDTs had okay performance.

Rate my shit taste.

Still on the hunt for a woody fragrance, though I'd be willing to settle for Platinum Egoiste or TF Extreme. Actually Tanoke was top notch woods, but more burning woods than fresh and I couldn't see myself wearing it anywhere.

I like it. Nothing special though. Has that "boyfriend" vibe to it. So I've heard.

>Calligraphy Rose
>Doesn't have an Ink note

*sigh*

What does ink smell like? Newspaper? Money?

Ink, you retard lol

Can you guys rec me some nice autumn fragrances that would be suited for Uni? Sampled a few but didn't really like anything that much.

I'm thinking about buying either A*Men Ultra Zest or Aqua Di Gio Porfumo or Tom Ford Noir extreme. Which one should I go in order for super longitivity and heavy sillage?

There are literally hundreds of "nice autumn fragrances"
Is there anything that you like for sure? Anything you expect? notes you want? etc.

You can split those 3 into 2 categories

Spring/Summer:
>A*Men Ultra Zest or Aqua Di Gio Porfumo
Both are long lasting with average sillage, A*Men flankers are known for being heavy but Zest less so.
Fall/Winter
>Tom Ford Noir extreme
long lasting moderate to heavy sillage

What scent says "I'm in the background, but I've got some nice mystery to me."

pls no joke scents

Okay, thanks.

Please recommend some good perfumes with heavy sillage and high longitivity (minimum 10 hours)

ambre 114

Encre Noire

Holy shit, that's what I thought when I read . Scary

Just copped MFK Absolue pour le Soir and it's a winning incense-amber-honey-barnyard scent. Just the right balance of resiny sweet and dirty that is completely wearable but at the same time toes the line of pure sex juice.

Got a 10ml decant of Baccarat Rouge with it too, which is airy cotton candy amber with a jasmine background. Incredibly overpriced though. I'd take Reflection Man over it.

Any other stuff from the house that you'd recommend? I'm looking for a kickass classy day scent to complement AplS. I remember liking Amyris pour femme so maybe something of that nature. Masculin Pluriel smelled like plastic to me and the ouds were too smooth to be engaging.

The One

Amouages, A*Men and the flankers, all the vintage powerhouses (Lapidus, Aramis, Tsar, Opium, Antaeus and Kouros).

See Jeremy's fall top 10.

Sauvage.

Pleb. Get London.

Carry a decant. 5ml is just enough for a week of refreshing and is small enough to be negligible in bulk.

Get Profumo or the TF.

BdC

I just copped Dior Homme and I've falled in love Veeky Forums

Sauvage

that's because it's one of the most rec'd scents in this general and is usually associated with dark, mysterious, etc.

i.e., it's a meme frag

Have you tried Dior Homme Intense? I can't decide which one is better

Classy. I can't wear it on the hottest of days but Homme works for any other time and occasion. Defies stereotype but is completely safe and versatile.

Both have a place in your collection if you want a night/cold weather version of Homme. If you have a big collection it's more of which one fits better in your wardrobe as a whole. DHI may be the more addictive scent, but if you can't wear it as much the point is moot.

how is it? should i blind buy?

>Get Profumo or the TF.
Checked Fragrantica's longitivity and sillage meter and compared. The digits shows Ultra Zest beats both Profumo and TFNE in terms of longitivity and sillage?

I feel like it's gonna be ideal coming up these autumn months

I haven't but I'm curious now

Same. Loved it so much I bought Dior Homme Sport and Dior Hommo Cologne. I also have a small body of Dior Homme Eau

What are some of the best fragrances of 2016 in terms of performance?

Fahrenheit smells like the antimicrobial soap my old pediatrician used.

As per your question, Noir Extreme. But in terms of the scent alone, definitely AdG Profumo. It leans more towards the warmer months but smells great even in cold weather, where the incense really comes through. NE reminds me of scented candles...

What's the chillest scent ever?

need to try CDG blackpepper, thinking of going full bottle for 53

>full bottle for 53
why

I would understand if 71

but
??

Gucci Pour Homme II

something by christopher brosius
in the library would be my choice but just about everything works

Tried Amara today. The base has citrus and gritty woods in common with Sauvage. Is that why it gets compliments? Sauvage does it better, but for the price Amara is a great substitute.

GpH II smells like you spilled tea on yourself. The problem is that it's too literal.

Those stats are so subjective they mean nothing as a point of comparison. To get a true comparison you have to have the same number of people make the observation, they have to own both, have similar noses, skin chemistry, climate, humidity, number of sprays and application location, basis for judging sillage and projection... You see the point I'm trying to make here.

I went to the mall, sniffed both, and liked neither. I paid a bit extra out of pocket and walked out with 100ml of Diptyque Tam Dao instead. The Dior or the Chanel would have just sat unused.

CBIHP appeals to me but reports on longevity are so shit I don't want to bother. Soft projection doesn't bother me (I actually prefer it) but I won't pay for something that last 15 minutes on skin.

Good choice. I really want to get a Diptyque for myself also but they all struck me as too soft spoken and reserved. Maybe the oud one if I can get my nose on it.

Congratulations, you have good taste. I haven't tried the EDT but own the EDP, probably my favorite fragrance.

Is Xerjoff Nio a green chypre? Perfume noob here

Should I get Bvlgari Black? I want a butch, dark frag but I'm on the fence about it vs other potential cops.

Noooooo. Bvlgari Black is not dark at all. Get Dark Rebel or Encre Noir for cheap, then start exploring niche for the dirtiest, raunchiest stuff.

I have kouros but the citrus in it is awfully hairy-chest, open shirt, mustache levels of vintage loud. Anyone got a rec for musk that is earthier and more resinous? Something like a stallion fucking a slave girl.

I heard that the latest reformulation of Cool Water totally butchered it. Is it no longer a dead ringer for GIT?

copped this after using BdC and Sauvage
and tbqh i liked it more
it has a background sent instead of aromatic

Whichever works for you. I wore it from late college to my yuppie life so I have that scent association with it. Perfectly fine, but immature and not really outstanding.

I write poems, read leftist critical theory, and take psychedelics. These are my only personality traits. What scent should I wear?

I'm thinking of CDG Avignon btw. Would that work?

Eros

Which fragrances do you find utterly intoxicating?

Something by Thierry Mugler

>CdG - Serpentine (Upsides: Bright and Happy whilst being unusual)(Downsides: Not the best performance in longevity or projection
>CB I Hate Perfume - In the Library (Upsides: Very literal)(Downsides: Shit perfomance)
>ELDO - Putain des Palaces (Upsides: Beautiful scent)(Downsides: Feminine, only average performance, powder central)
>CdG - 2 (Upsides: Inky, Bright, Unusual, but still very nice)(Downsides: Only average performance (to me))
>Imaginary Authors - Cape Heartache (Upsides: Beautiful Strawberry/Woody scent)(Downsides: None that I can think of)
>Bruno Fazzolari - Monserrat (Upsides: Decent performance, nice citrus)(Downsides: Has a wet plaster note which can make it a bit chalky, but it can be an upside)
>SmellBent - Artist's Studio

Yes, Avignon is fine

Le Male

Chanel Coco

I'm ok with 80% of it.

Encre Noir is dark, try that

>Fragrance General

Niggerish threads. you people stink

your mom's crack, doublesanon

>encre noire
Have it. imo it's way too synthetic, almost dystopian-feeling.

I'll try to sniff dark rebel, my expectations are kinda low since I haven't heard good things about varvatos frags

Hi Igor.

Looking for a scent that's workplace appropriate but will still get compliments, preferably suitable for warm weather

Plz

Try L'Occitan Vetyver, it has an earthy dirt-like smell

EdP or EdT for Bleu de Chanel?

Its shit and has been for a long while. Get Armaf tres nuit if you're looking for a GIT clone

bro how do you know what I own? I have a full bottle but I haven't used it in a while. L'occitane is generally pretty top tier but Vetyver's more of a comfort scent to me than anything dark.

BdC, Sauvage, nautica voyage, aramis life

I'll give you some designer & niche options since you didn't say what your price range was

Bvlgari Man Extreme
Bleu de Chanel EDP
Chanel Egoiste Platinum
Dunhill Icon
Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee
Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal
Acqua di Parma Essenza di Colonia
Amouage Reflection Man
Creed Green Irish Tweed
Frederic Malle Geranium Pour Monsieur

EDP

Hope you love anus, er, anise.

Have you tried Muscs Koublaï Khän? You might like that. Also the original Opium for women.

CK One Shock

Is this perfume reformulated, Veeky Forums?

cooped this. how did I do?

Sounds right up my alley but Lutens is hard to get here. I read Kiehl's Original Musk is MKK's younger brother. That one is easier to find (and sample).

On a side note, I tried Lumiere Noire pour Homme and I don't get what the fuss was about. It's a vaguely spiced watery amber with rose playing hide and seek. Egoiste has that bitter spiced rose that smells like a primped Victorian dandy, and Lyric has the juice of crushed rose petals. Next to those LN smelled like vase water.

Found some old fragrance infos. Are these still relevant in the 2016?

All of the specific recommendations are extremely dated, but the general suggestions are timeless and correct.

>These colognes suck
>No you suck

I just know fragrances breh, have you tried Kokorico? Might not be "dark" but it may have an edge you're looking for. It's hit or miss so try with caution.

>GPH

how did i do Veeky Forums

its the new 6 million by paco rabanne