Guys. What is the difference between good and bad things. I can't decide what is good and bad anymore...

Guys. What is the difference between good and bad things. I can't decide what is good and bad anymore. What did the Greeks think

Something you gain is a good thing, something you lose is a bad thing. Something you gain and someone else loses and he/she is upset, then it's good/bad.

If you are too broken to have any sense of ethics or morals, then just follow the law.

Shitposting is bad.

what does good mean. what does bad mean. what does thing mean
what does mean mean, what does does mean, what does what mean
what

That's pretty good for a single-sentense summary of ethics.

Don't even bother dude, just try to enjoy yourself.

a good thing is something most people agree is good and a bad thing is something most people agree is bad. for example if you're living in the west most people would consider stoning someone to death because they were raped to be a bad thing, but then if you moved to a muslim country the majority opinion will shift magically making it the morally correct response.

There isn't.

what if you gain a bad thing or lose a good thing?

If you gain a bad thing then it's still bad. If you lose a good thing that depends, did you lose the good thing to give to another person, or were you robbed of the good thing?

/thread

>If you gain a bad thing then it's still bad.
but how did you determine it was a bad thing in the first place if a bad thing is something you lose?

>but how did you determine it was a bad thing in the first place if a bad thing is something you lose?
But all you stated was what if you gain a bad thing.

good and bad are artificial abstractions that help society function in it's current form. You can disregard them if you don't care about functioning properly in society, if you want to.

So getting fat is a good thing? And losing weight is a bad thing?

No, getting swole is a good thing, and getting fat is a bad thing because you lose out on the time to workout and you become this fat loser.

But being fat has nothing to do with the time available to you.

Being fat makes you apathetic and disgusting, a worm that does nothing and wishes to achieve nothing. All you gain is a bad thing, and that bad thing is going to fuck with you.

>All you gain is a bad thing
>Something you gain is a good thing
Pick carefully.

Something you gain is a good thing, getting fat isn't gaining anything, it's losing health.

so if you get cancer, you didn't get it because someone else lost it so it must be good?

No, cancer is an inherent bad thing. Cancer doesn't just teleport from point a to point b, it's just a fuck up in the cell.

>getting fat isn't gaining anything
>gaining weight isn't gaining anything

Getting fat and gaining weight means your losing your health, ergo it's bad thing.

>inherent bad thing
but why? you don't gain it because of someone else losing it so it must be good.

Exercise means losing weight, ergo it's a bad thing.

Losing weight means you get better, get heather means you gain health, ergo it's a good thing.

If a man weighs 600 pounds, then he has four times as much as me. He's gained more than you, or I have in our lives put together. If we both have gfs, he still has gained more than all four of us healthy people put together.

Clearly, obesity is the best road to moral good.

No, if you gain a bad thing, then it is bad.

But he's losing his health which makes him a immoral swine who eats shit.

Bad is whatever feels bad. Good is what feels good. Satan is good. Jesus is bad. Murder is good. Healing is bad.

>making another man lose his life
>good
>Healing another man so that he can live another day
>bad
Immoral swine.

There is no external good or bad, and you'll have to come up for yourself what's good and bad for you. Consider what you value, why you value it, and how you can see those values better realized and you'll be at a start. But this kind of evaluation and construction is a never-ending process; you'll never come into a complete set of values.

Chr*stian detected. When you stop worshipping evilbad Christ and worship goodbest Satan??? Hmmm? There is no good and bad except for Christ who is bad and Satan who is good otherwise no good and bad okay

Explain why Christ is bad.

Because he says that good and evil exists there is no good and evil okay only pleasure and earthly delights which are good.

>But he's losing his health
Yes. But his health is literally outweighed by his gain. His fat outweighs YOUR health as well.

You are less good then him. It is you who are immoral.

>pleasure and earthly delights which are good.
That's a crock of shit.
>But his health is literally outweighed by his gain
I know, and he'll die being a fat fuck who's health is so low he'll die.
Also his fat doesn't matter since the only thing that's being factored is the health.

It's not shit you fucking Christian what do you know

That your full of shit.

human sacrifice is evil. Yahweh has been involved in at least three human sacrifices: Isaac, Jephthah's daughter and finally himself in human flesh

>I know, and he'll die being a fat fuck who's health is so low he'll die.
Yes. But he gained the equivalent of 4 healthy lifetimes.

>Also his fat doesn't matter since the only thing that's being factored is the health.
This is starting to sound like you have some absolute system of morality out there by which the value of things are measured, rather then the simple claim that what you gain is good.

Tell me, where did you encounter this master value system?

>human sacrifice is evil
Proofs?
>Tell me, where did you encounter this master value system?
Nowhere, because you're forcing me on the spot trying to defend a basic as fuck moral system that you should know that's fucking flimsy yet I'm still trying to defend it because I don't want that fat fuck OP to not be a faggot who doesn't donate his money to the poor.

>human sacrifice is evil
>Proofs?
It's more of the inherent contradiction in the belief system. Molech is looked down upon for human sacrifice yet human sacrifice is a core part of Yahweh's mythology

One wasn't God and the other was God.

exactly, it's completely arbitrary

>Nowhere
OK. So you have no reason to doubt that the 600 pound man has gained much more than you.
>because you're forcing me on the spot trying to defend a basic as fuck moral system
Nigger, no one forced you to try your hand at philosophy.

>So you have no reason to doubt that the 600 pound man has gained much more than you.
Yeah, in pounds.
>Nigger, no one forced you to try your hand at philosophy.
But you're responding.