What is your opinion on turtlenecks?

what is your opinion on turtlenecks?

they're gonna be big soon, anons talk shit on Nike logo turtle necks but thats going to be a staple of the urban/internet noir look

It doesn't matter because it is just an opinion.

wow really makes you think

Jackets or no?

They look fucking sick with blazers. I have 2 but want to get a cashmere blend one this winter

Yeah it's obvious, but people on this board tend to forget that.

I like turtlenecks. I think they are the pinnacle of above the waist fashion. This shouldn't influence anyone.

Yes but

Reminder that only fit people can pull off turtlenecks.

No one wants to see your gyno, skinnyfats.

im not here to copy anyone just to hear what people think

Not disagreeing with you. Isn't it nice to have opinions?

I've never seen a single person in Socal wearing one

Gee, I wonder why?

I'm the only person I've seen wearing one here in Phoenix as well. Huh, maybe I should just wear rvca tank tops into my 30s like everyone else here. Maybe people don't wear sweaters because, maybe because, maybe because it's warm.

To be fair people here don't often wear linen but that's because it's a city of ignorant fucking brodudes who don't even know what linen is.

just copped one, hoping it will be good
a turtleneck would be really practical for me since I lose my scarves all the time

Hope you also copped a gym membership

Turlenecks look awkward.

They're part of the "balding school teacher" look, and look out of place on an attractive person, as your pictures demonstrate.

Epitome nu-male wear.

Give it a decade before this kicks off.

Yeah pretty much, it's right up there with skinny jeans and oversized sweaters.

I already have one
that being said, why would turtlenecks be harder to pull off than normal sweaters if you're skinnyfat?

skinnyfats detected

Gee, I dunno, maybe because they are tight and merino ones are usually also thin so your puffy nips and gut are on glorious display. A fit person looks very good in garments that are made to be tight.

Don't you want to go full naziboo

desu that fit would have been pretty dope if not for the big fucking nike logo

Can I wear a sweater that isn't a v-neck over a shirt?

Is cashmere worth it?

NU MALE

>Reminder that only fit people can pull off turtlenecks.
they're turtlenecks not fucking muscle shirts

>they are tight
where are you even getting this

gynonauts pls go

I think they're pretty great. Shame that every teenage girl around here has like three of them though.

only if you're pretty buff like pic related or steve jobs

I have white, navy, black, and cream. Some ribbed and some are a tight fit. I want a light brown/sand colour next. Shit's blessed, get compliments every time I wear one and they go great with slim black pants or baggy jeans for a 90s look.

I own 4/5 of them, haven't worn them at all this summer but been excited about the chilly autumn nights when I can don one

This fit would be 10x better if his pants were higher, his belt was covered by his sweater, didn't bend his pants, stood with his feet further apart and had less of a slouch.
But no instead he looks like a queer.

What about bulkier turtlenecks?

anyone have brand recommendations for them

Wool overs does a good sweater and they have like a million of them

Tom Ford agrees with me that they look good. Can be pulled off with the right build or the right aesthetic depending on the color and fit..

For example, Tom Ford's models are your typical male fashion model. They make the odd colors with odd trousers look good. They look like they know what they're doing. On the other end, we have Daniel Craig. Built, wearing a black turtleneck, looks good. He couldn't pull off a red one imo because his aesthetic is different than the fashion guys'.

I think the biggest thing here is being thin or in shape and choosing the proper design for your build and the look you can pull off. An athletic man can pull off a well fitting, normal turtleneck sweater. He definitely shouldn't go for the bunched/stacked neck or sleeve look and stick with a form fitting piece..

All just my opinion, of course. No hard rules in true fashion and style.

He's instagram forward.

Did I just walk into the fuccboi general? Why are you trying to emulate last year's chadlad look?
At least try to do something different.

> pant bending

>female friends insist to take me clothes shopping (ie playing dress up)
>immediately bring me skinny jeans and an oversized sweater
>put it on and hate myself but look kinda good

wehraboo

I hate anything tight around my neck, so no

Considering getting either the extra fine merino or the soft touch tshirt turtle necks in black. I already have a black sweater and I've never owned a turtle neck before, which would be the best to go with to give the style a try?

Are you a donut holer

if well fitted they are awesome, are they are going to be big soon, try looking for tom ford last SS/2016 and AW/2016

A turtleneck is easily one of the most patrician garments you can own.

Would turtlenecks look ridiculous on someone with a long neck?

it literally obscures your neck, how could it?

They are Satan's foreskin and whoever the wearer the popping out cock.

Probably because the coldest it gets is in the 40s

More like TURDle necks, amirite boys?!
OOOOOOOooooooo!