Shoes like pottery

Hey ho

Does anyone have any good tips on getting a pair of Shoes Like Pottery in the USA, but not crazy expensive? These high tops go for about $95 in yen in japan, but $165 in the USA.

Anyone have any experience? All help appreciated

these are identical in quality to normal converse btw, they aren't magical Japanese clay shoes

the production process is a gimmick, there's a reason these aren't popular at all in Japan OR the US

1. The look far simpler and better
2. Compared two year old black SLPs to two year old black converse. The primary difference you will see is that SLPs are still recognizable as shoes and still fully wearable

you can get them for sub 100 on sale in the us if you are patient

You can get them for $77 + shipping with one google search + a couple of clicks

I know you're just toying with my heart but I've spent half an hour combing through store after store and I can't find anything

pls link if u aren't bullying

is referring to earlier this year when the yen was doing super shit. Back in feb, you could import them from GoodWeaver for $77 a pair before shipping. That's when I got mine, but they still totaled $108 after shipping to the us.

I just ordered from End Clothing for 140 including shipping. Not great but it was the best I could find

If you can't find them yourself, you are probably vision impaired.

That wasnt a case of the yen doing poorly.

>good things are always popular because the general populace has good taste
wat a meem
stop trying to be the devils advocate for no reason, youve never even touched slps before

these shoes look fucking sexy but i cant wear hi's cos i look retarded in them

i mean yes, but like you could easily roll over the cost of converses 5 times before buying SLPs

Did you get scammed yet user? I saw your posts

I own two pairs of shoes like pottery. My REALLY old hi's and my nearly new lows.

They are a great shoe and will last longer than converse. They are a bit over priced but I paid for the cool blue sole and the lesser amount of branding. If you want I can post pics of both my pairs. I'll answer questions about them also.

My main advice is this, if you can afford them and will take care of them (I think they look better worn out though) they will FAR outlast converse and won't brand your fucking ankles to all hell. If you don't care about branding, or you can't afford the 165 don't buy them. Converse will give you the same aesthetic.

Only a little bit but it ok now user thank for concern

Any advice on general care? Do you ever machine wash them like the website says they can?

They scuff SUPER easily, so do what you can to protect from that.
I've never tried machine washing them because I like my shoes worn out, so sorry on that part amigo

Post pix

I've had these for about 4 years. Taking them to hardcore shoes and wearing them on hikes and in all sorts of weather, never stepped in gum or shit though.

I've had these about 5 months and I COULD polish off the scuffs but I like them so I won't be doing that.

Better scuff pic

What are the levels of comfy we're dealing with here?